Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] ASICMiner Prisma 1.4th/s - 1.47 BTC - page 37. (Read 49674 times)

legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
September 26, 2014, 06:40:06 PM
I've added the existing Prisma image to my original post. Please note that in the event another USA based group buy appears at a lower price, I will retroactively match said group buy's price.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
September 26, 2014, 04:42:34 PM
Yes, all Prisma units will ship fully assembled. I didn't realize that photo came from their site. I'll update the OP, thanks!

I should have mentioned it came from the original site, I translated the Chinese to English in Chrome. You had all the other info though...
legendary
September 26, 2014, 04:37:55 PM
Yes, all Prisma units will ship fully assembled. I didn't realize that photo came from their site. I'll update the OP, thanks!
September 26, 2014, 04:24:02 PM
it comes assembled...
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
September 26, 2014, 02:55:42 PM
The 16th row of chips is under the end bracket where it wraps around over the board. There's 48 to a side.

Also, if the screw layout is like the X24... 292 screws per unit including end brackets. That's gonna suck.
September 26, 2014, 12:43:32 PM
CrazyGuy,

I already have a RasPi (actually I think I have two around here somewhere) that used to be stratum proxies for BE Blades/Cubes/etc.  If I purchase one a Prisma from you, I won't need the controller or a new RasPi -- but a copy of the image you're planning to use (that I could flash onto my SD card) would likely get me up and running a lot faster.

Any chance you could offer customers of your group buy (who have the RasPi already) a download link where they could grab a copy of sd card image?  (I don't mean right now -- I mean like, after the purchase is completed and you're shipping the devices out, naturally.)

Thanks and apologies for the oddly worded, longwinded question. Smiley

Yes, I will provide a free RPi image for my customers that already have an RPi and SD card.

I the tube question, I sold out a few days ago, but I have a few running with sidehack. I may put them up for sale in the coming weeks.

That Prisma image might be a photoshop. I only count 45 chips.

perhaps, but that photo came from their site. http://www.iasicminer.com/index.php/category-1
legendary
September 26, 2014, 12:16:54 PM
CrazyGuy,

I already have a RasPi (actually I think I have two around here somewhere) that used to be stratum proxies for BE Blades/Cubes/etc.  If I purchase one a Prisma from you, I won't need the controller or a new RasPi -- but a copy of the image you're planning to use (that I could flash onto my SD card) would likely get me up and running a lot faster.

Any chance you could offer customers of your group buy (who have the RasPi already) a download link where they could grab a copy of sd card image?  (I don't mean right now -- I mean like, after the purchase is completed and you're shipping the devices out, naturally.)

Thanks and apologies for the oddly worded, longwinded question. Smiley

Yes, I will provide a free RPi image for my customers that already have an RPi and SD card.

I the tube question, I sold out a few days ago, but I have a few running with sidehack. I may put them up for sale in the coming weeks.

That Prisma image might be a photoshop. I only count 45 chips.
September 26, 2014, 11:08:36 AM
This the Prisma 1.4Th/s

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
September 26, 2014, 10:06:57 AM
CrazyGuy,

Thanks and apologies for the oddly worded, longwinded question. :)
legendary
September 26, 2014, 09:41:54 AM
I bought an ASICMINER 10G board a long time ago (seems it anyway), I used my PC to run the stratum software. Is this completely different, or will I run this miner the same way? I assume if you have the regular Ethernet controller, you need to run the program from your PC? Are there any manuals or whitepapers on this unit BTW? Thanks in advance...

The BE controller has stratum built in, so there is no need to run a stratum server on a seperate controller.

I've received some more information on the USB adapters for the Prisma/Tube:

- Each Prisma will come with a free USB adapter for connecting to an RPi if you choose
- 1 RPi will be able to control a maximum of 4 Prismas
- The USB adapter will be made available to purchase for existing tube owners. Pricing to be announced.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
September 26, 2014, 09:37:19 AM
Will anybody sell this devices with shippimg from China? Shipping cost should be less in that case for me...
September 26, 2014, 08:58:57 AM
I bought an ASICMINER 10G board a long time ago (seems it anyway), I used my PC to run the stratum software. Is this completely different, or will I run this miner the same way? I assume if you have the regular Ethernet controller, you need to run the program from your PC? Are there any manuals or whitepapers on this unit BTW? Thanks in advance...
September 26, 2014, 08:54:59 AM
BTCGuild is supported use this stratum address exactly.
Code:
stratum-lb-usa48.btcguild.com

I read on the original Prisma forum that the ethernet controllers "don't work"? What is the problem with them? I am running just one unit. I believe I have a RPI around, I will have to check my stash.

They work, but they are currently limited to ghash.io, slush, and a few other smaller pools. RPi would allow access to more pools. AM is still working on the firmware for their BE controller, so it's possible they will support more pools in the future.

OK, thanks. As long as I can mine with it. Thanks. I will probably find an RPI just to see how it works. BTCGuild would be great if they could support next with the Ethernet controller.

Thank you for the information ManeBjorn, it is very helpful.
legendary
September 26, 2014, 02:06:52 AM
I'm sorry, what do you mean by label? btw i suppose you will be able to ship it to the USA?

also thanks Smiley

USPS postage is what I am referring to. I am in the USA and will ship worldwide, buyer pays shipping. You can send me a prepaid label or send me bitcoin to cover shipping. Please refer to the second post for more shipping info.
legendary
Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000
September 26, 2014, 01:44:20 AM
I'm sorry, what do you mean by label? btw i suppose you will be able to ship it to the USA?

also thanks Smiley
legendary
September 26, 2014, 01:41:01 AM
Please help me understand..

I have my own raspberry pi but how much BTC is one fully assembled unit?

1.54 BTC. Shipping to be determined when package dimensions are released. I will not be charging a handling fee, so you can send a label or pay to buy a label for you. All Prisma units come fully assembled.
legendary
Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000
September 26, 2014, 01:36:02 AM
Please help me understand..

I have my own raspberry pi but how much BTC is one fully assembled unit?
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
September 25, 2014, 08:30:27 PM
i will just wait and see the final thought after recieving the item., if RPi is no  problem with this prisma
legendary
September 25, 2014, 08:30:00 PM
What do these look like? I'm surprised there isn't one photo of it here. Also, does it come assembled and ready to mine or you need to buy other parts for it?

I'll post a photo as soon as I get one. They come fully assembled. You'll need a controller.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
September 25, 2014, 06:30:58 PM
BTCGuild is supported use this stratum address exactly.
Code:
stratum-lb-usa48.btcguild.com

I read on the original Prisma forum that the ethernet controllers "don't work"? What is the problem with them? I am running just one unit. I believe I have a RPI around, I will have to check my stash.

They work, but they are currently limited to ghash.io, slush, and a few other smaller pools. RPi would allow access to more pools. AM is still working on the firmware for their BE controller, so it's possible they will support more pools in the future.

OK, thanks. As long as I can mine with it. Thanks. I will probably find an RPI just to see how it works. BTCGuild would be great if they could support next with the Ethernet controller.
Pages:
Jump to: