Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] ASICMiner Prisma 1.4th/s - 1.47 BTC - page 39. (Read 49673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
September 25, 2014, 10:36:15 AM
I will provide a DHCP enabled RPI image for my customers purchasing rpi controllers. For  an extra $20 I'll add Wi-Fi capability.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
September 25, 2014, 09:55:20 AM
So we know for sure that they only require a Pi to run...not that POS controller?  If so I might have to pick up a few.

yeah have to agree with you that the controller is not up to par. while mine worked fine it has the 1 pool limit with no roll over.  and very few pool choices.

while those two issues scored for me I know that it hurt you.

I am thinking of having 'crazyguy'  program a rasp pi for me and ordering 1 or 2 of these.  

I will delay until crazy nails down the rasp pi for me.

+1

why not crazzyguy add a raspi on this so after recieving the item you will surely sure that is plug and play

You lost me on this? We are just waiting to see if it truly ONLY needs a Pi to function. From how I read it I think it needs the controller and a Pi.

I am hoping for the rasp pi as a standalone.  I  will wait for details.  
I sold off my tubes at a really good price due to my great luck with them.  basically 2btc in and when all was said and done 3.7btc back for plus 1.7btc
So I do not have any controllers or tube parts.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sold-i-want-to-pass-on-some-good-karma-very-good-deal-on-asicminer-tube-i-have-2-790451

The house is pretty empty right now for a change.

Edit:

that adapter is looking good.
legendary
September 25, 2014, 09:53:35 AM
I've received a photo of the adapter that has been created for connecting to a RPi. The interface is USB, so that's good news.

I will ship overseas, but I can not estimate a price as I don't have package dimensions. The weight will be somewhere around 8kg.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
September 25, 2014, 07:45:34 AM
So we know for sure that they only require a Pi to run...not that POS controller?  If so I might have to pick up a few.

yeah have to agree with you that the controller is not up to par. while mine worked fine it has the 1 pool limit with no roll over.  and very few pool choices.

I am thinking of having 'crazyguy'  program a rasp pi for me and ordering 1 or 2 of these.  

+1

why not crazzyguy add a raspi on this so after recieving the item you will surely sure that is plug and play

You lost me on this? We are just waiting to see if it truly ONLY needs a Pi to function. From how I read it I think it needs the controller and a Pi.
legendary
September 25, 2014, 07:44:10 AM
I'm considering this, but I'd like to see more details first (I'm a first time buyer, no Tube or any other miner yet), but:

• I'm confused, two group buys for the same unit at the same time?
  • Wouldn't it make more sense to have one combined group buy?
  • What's the difference?
  • Is this GB only for folks in the US (I'm here in Europe)?

I would assume you are better off using a group buy not USA based for these.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
September 25, 2014, 07:41:49 AM

+1

Activity: 238
Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!
September 25, 2014, 02:05:23 AM
I'm considering this, but I'd like to see more details first (I'm a first time buyer, no Tube or any other miner yet), but:

• I'm confused, two group buys for the same unit at the same time?
  • Wouldn't it make more sense to have one combined group buy?
  • What's the difference?
  • Is this GB only for folks in the US (I'm here in Europe)?
legendary
September 25, 2014, 12:19:53 AM
Well if it can connect to a Pi that is all I am after...I have like 9 Rasp Pi's...I can yank one for this no problem! I just do not want to use that controller + proxy to mine with fail over is all.
legendary
September 25, 2014, 12:16:28 AM

legendary
September 25, 2014, 12:15:43 AM
So we know for sure that they only require a Pi to run...not that POS controller?  If so I might have to pick up a few.

The Pi is supported, what I don't know is the interface. If it's GPIO to the Pi, like the BTCGarden AMV1, then it will only support the RPi and the BEController. If it's usb, then there's a good chance you'll be able to run it on a Beaglebone, Windows PC, or whatever you like. I'm trying to get clarification on this.
legendary
September 25, 2014, 12:12:17 AM
So we know for sure that they only require a Pi to run...not that POS controller?  If so I might have to pick up a few.
legendary
September 24, 2014, 11:55:11 PM
PM Sent - I'm good for 4 of these guys should be a fun project assembled or not  Cool

Assemble 4 of these, and tell me you think the same thing.  Man, after I built 4 tubes, I quickly placed an order on Amazon for an electric screw driver hahahah!!

Yes, the tube had an ungodly amount of screws. I put one together myself, and while it was fun, I wouldn't enjoy assembling more than a few. AM started selling them fully assembled after batch 1.
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
September 24, 2014, 11:41:46 PM
PM Sent - I'm good for 4 of these guys should be a fun project assembled or not  Cool

Assemble 4 of these, and tell me you think the same thing.  Man, after I built 4 tubes, I quickly placed an order on Amazon for an electric screw driver hahahah!!
legendary
September 24, 2014, 10:51:20 PM
They should be fully assembled.
legendary
September 24, 2014, 10:34:10 PM

the tubes were easy to assemble

if these do .75 watts vs 1.1 watts and if they are stable with a rasp pi  they will be a solid buy.
Activity: 120
September 24, 2014, 09:18:43 PM
Activity: 268
September 24, 2014, 08:34:02 PM
will these be assembled? Grin
Activity: 476
Activity: 991
Merit: 500
September 24, 2014, 07:25:09 PM
PM'd
legendary
September 24, 2014, 06:50:13 PM
According to friedcat, the only customizations made to CGMiner were to the usb interface. Therefore, the number of pools you can specify will be the max allowed by Cgminer. 4 should be no problem.

sounds good .  I will pm you later tonight
Pages:
Jump to: