Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 27. (Read 274781 times)

Activity: 118
Merit: 100
I using this settings for BTC-E

Short EMA: 20 Long EMA: 30
Buy 1: 0 Buy 2: 0.1
Sell 1: 0 Sell 2: 0.15
30 minute time window
tick offset 20
(test show me - its best profit for 1week, 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, etc.)

Can any one explain to me why my bot buying BTC for 822$ and selling for 799$ >.>
Please.

EMA diff is at -0.938% (1 BTC = 839.99 USD) sell               14:39     08.01.13
EMA diff is at -0.42% (1 BTC = 818.242 USD) sell               20:31     08.01.13
EMA diff is at 0.048% (1 BTC = 829.998 USD) buy              02:51     09.01.13
EMA diff is at 0.106% (1 BTC = 822.574 USD) buy              03:51     09.01.13
EMA diff is at -0.033% (1 BTC = 800 USD) sell                   15:50     09.01.13
EMA diff is at -0.193% (1 BTC = 799 USD) sell                   16:50     09.01.13
Activity: 263
Merit: 250
Pablo can you pm me a 30day trial license? I signed up on your site and only received 1 week trial.

Hey Smiley,
  We only offer 1 week trials, but you can run it for a couple of weeks by just downloading a new trial license, you are not limited to one; though if you use too many you might get blocked. But a couple of weeks should not be a problem.

Hope that helps.

Pablo.

Can I get a link to where I can know what a trading bot is, Thanks.

https://butter-bot.com/
Activity: 126
CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.
Pablo can you pm me a 30day trial license? I signed up on your site and only received 1 week trial.

Hey Smiley,
  We only offer 1 week trials, but you can run it for a couple of weeks by just downloading a new trial license, you are not limited to one; though if you use too many you might get blocked. But a couple of weeks should not be a problem.

Hope that helps.

Pablo.

Can I get a link to where I can know what a trading bot is, Thanks.
Activity: 263
Is this a ok settings pr. today?

We reccomend the following starter settings for Mt. Gox:

Short EMA: 10 Long EMA: 21
Buy 1: 0 Buy 2: 0.25
Sell 1: 0 Sell 2: 0.25
2 hour time window.

The following settings are for Bitstamp and BTC-e:

Short EMA: 20 Long EMA: 42
Buy 1: 0 Buy 2: 0.15
Sell 1: 0 Sell 2: 0.1
30 minute time window.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
About Updates

It was discussed on the thread the other day that auto-updating might not be for everyone. I tend to agree for the reasons already discussed so future major upgrades will work like this:

-We will have a standard and stable release on the Chrome store (currently 2.5.1)

-If we were to release V3 tomorrow, that would be a separate extension on the Chrome store labeled something like "Butter-Bot Beta". Those who wish will be free to upgrade to the Beta and those who wish can wait a few weeks for the Beta (assuming all is well) to replace the current stable release.

I hope that works for everyone and settles concerns Smiley.

Pablo.

Hi Pablo,

I ordered a butter-bot via paypal from you yesterday.  Haven't seen any information about license or anything.
:   
Butter Bot + 3 months subscription

Web Accept Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #30P70098MW989772R)

Thanks!

check your spam folder
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
About Updates

It was discussed on the thread the other day that auto-updating might not be for everyone. I tend to agree for the reasons already discussed so future major upgrades will work like this:

-We will have a standard and stable release on the Chrome store (currently 2.5.1)

-If we were to release V3 tomorrow, that would be a separate extension on the Chrome store labeled something like "Butter-Bot Beta". Those who wish will be free to upgrade to the Beta and those who wish can wait a few weeks for the Beta (assuming all is well) to replace the current stable release.

Pablo.

Hi Pablo,

I ordered a butter-bot via paypal from you yesterday.  Haven't seen any information about license or anything.
:   
Butter Bot + 3 months subscription

Web Accept Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #30P70098MW989772R)

Thanks!
Activity: 190
About Updates

Pablo.

Does this mean those of us who have not yet received the bot update will need to first uninstall the last manually-installed version, then install the current version from the Google store in order to enable future use of automatic updates?

Is that the procedure  we're expected to follow to get the update since it never pushed out to us yet?
Activity: 166
Any plans to make this work with Bitfinex?

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

Hey Smiley,

Hope that helps.

Pablo.
Activity: 29
legendary
Is anybody else having issues with the new version? I copied all my settings, but it seems no ghraps are drawn?

In addition, is it normal that I don't see my licensing information anymore? (E-mail address etc?)

Hi TNK Smiley,
  No, that's not normal. Please double check your license is entered correctly; email me at [email protected] if this doesn't work and I will be happy to help you resolve this Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 349
Is anybody else having issues with the new version? I copied all my settings, but it seems no ghraps are drawn?

In addition, is it normal that I don't see my licensing information anymore? (E-mail address etc?)
Activity: 44
Ok, thanks Pablo.

Bot's been doing well for me over the last month - very pleased I purchased. Wink
legendary
About Updates

Pablo.
legendary
I downloaded the new version, but it's installed alongside the old version with none of the same settings - any idea how I can rectify this?

You will need to delete the old extension and install fresh from the Chrome store. This is a one time thing, it will allow us to deploy updates more easily in the future.

Pablo.
Activity: 11
Just to clarify

Butter Bot just trades when the EMA lines crossover?

its the same principle like in Goomboo's Journal?

I have tried trading thousands (literally, thousands) of trading strategies for the past few years, but I have found that the more simple and less elaborate I make my trading, the more profitable it becomes.  The system I use for Bitcoin is very, very simple and straight forward.

I trade a 10 and 21 exponential moving average crossover.  When the 10 crosses over the 21, I buy.  When the 10 crosses under the 21, I sell or sell short.  I chart and trade through RTBTC."

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/goomboos-journal-60501

---Im at page 6 of goombos journal so far---

Does this EMA crossover strategy work when you actually do it?
It seems like you loose 70% smaller amounts and make 30% big profits

Checked the charts and it does look like it works.

What are the butter bots users profits in the past month?
Tell yours

i'd say its probably been a good month for trading in general. We switched butter-bot on on 1st dec since then we've had a a really big swing and we are in the middle of a significant one now.

so, since we started we've made 24.5% in dollars and almost the same in BTC. We're in dollars atm if we bought BTC back now we'd be 49% up.

It was quite hard at first. Most of december (certainly around christmas) the market was pretty flat. Thats when the bot SEEMS (still our first month) to make those bad trades. I certainly thought I could do better. I guess it's because since starting the bot I've paid much more attention to the chart. I'd not heard of bitcoinwisdom or cryptotrader or even EMA we simply took a punt cause we sold some litecoins at such a high price.  Anyway, once you get your head around its a LONG TERM view and your investment is safe (dont quote me on that, I'm still only starting with the strategy and I am sure some with much more experience will put me firmly in my place) should anything major happen while you sleep, you can see that it could potentially work. For now, for me, it is.
Activity: 44
I downloaded the new version, but it's installed alongside the old version with none of the same settings - any idea how I can rectify this?
Activity: 185
Just to clarify

Butter Bot just trades when the EMA lines crossover?

its the same principle like in Goomboo's Journal?

I have tried trading thousands (literally, thousands) of trading strategies for the past few years, but I have found that the more simple and less elaborate I make my trading, the more profitable it becomes.  The system I use for Bitcoin is very, very simple and straight forward.

I trade a 10 and 21 exponential moving average crossover.  When the 10 crosses over the 21, I buy.  When the 10 crosses under the 21, I sell or sell short.  I chart and trade through RTBTC."

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/goomboos-journal-60501

---Im at page 6 of goombos journal so far---

Does this EMA crossover strategy work when you actually do it?
It seems like you loose 70% smaller amounts and make 30% big profits

Checked the charts and it does look like it works.

What are the butter bots users profits in the past month?
Tell yours
If people can share screen shots of the best setting that is working for them successfully, that would be great also.

If you look back through this thread you'll find lots of posts where people have shared their settings, you just have to look through & find them.
hey guys,

i am trying out the demo version and had a question regarding the logic involved. I set it up with about half a bitcoin on btc-e on the 6th. Yesterday it a created a sell order at $911 but since then has not put in any type of buy order and I am trying to understand why.

My butter bot is configured as follows:

Trade Frequency 30mins

Short EMA: 20
Long EMA: 42

Tick offset: 2

Buy Threshold 1: 0%
Sell Threshold 1: 0%

Buy Threshold 2: 0.15%
Sell Threshold 2: 0.1%

No trailing stop loss

Is there anything I am doing wrong, I am really trying not to manually buy back in but I am concerned I am doing something or maybe its just the lack of understanding thats concerning me.

Try punching your EMA numbers into bitcoinwisdom.com so you can see the same EMA lines the bot sees, then you'll know when they're close to crossing & can predict when the bot will act.

The bot will wait to buy until the price has bottomed out, & starts to rise again, just like it does at the top of the curve just at the bottom in the opposite.
Pages:
Jump to: