Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 28. (Read 274781 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
hey guys,

i am trying out the demo version and had a question regarding the logic involved. I set it up with about half a bitcoin on btc-e on the 6th. Yesterday it a created a sell order at $911 but since then has not put in any type of buy order and I am trying to understand why.

My butter bot is configured as follows:

Trade Frequency 30mins

Short EMA: 20
Long EMA: 42

Tick offset: 2

Buy Threshold 1: 0%
Sell Threshold 1: 0%

Buy Threshold 2: 0.15%
Sell Threshold 2: 0.1%

No trailing stop loss

Is there anything I am doing wrong, I am really trying not to manually buy back in but I am concerned I am doing something or maybe its just the lack of understanding thats concerning me.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
When trying out he demo is it working 100% or does the test version
has any restrictions?

looks like butter bot is the best bot around

the demo is a full version Smiley
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
When trying out he demo is it working 100% or does the test version
has any restrictions?

looks like butter bot is the best bot around
Activity: 235
Well, the btc crash from almost a thousand  finally paid for the bot.Sold at 950 and bought at 720.My first bit win.  Lately its been a lot of sideways movement that has cost me money ( I blame myself and tried to sell and buy between the bot ticks..) but lose a little to gain a lot...
Activity: 52
Merit: 10
If people can share screen shots of the best setting that is working for them successfully, that would be great also.
Activity: 190
I solved the problem, I created another API key and now it is working

Oh, Great!
Activity: 93
I solved the problem, I created another API key and now it is working
Joehal,

I would email Pablo.

His email address is in the signature of one of his forum posts under the handle Fible1.

Best of luck.
Does anyone else has this message in butter bot since yesterday ?

The MtGox API is currently having issues but we will keep trying. Butter Bot will recover automatically once the API is back up.

Also BTC-E keeps disconnecting, and I noticed if I go to chrome://extensions/  and stop and start again the bot, BTC-E will now show "connected"

I have Butter Bot version 2.5.1

Anyone else has these problems ?
How did you obtain the newer version?

I installed it normally from their website.
Is this an error associated with this version or is it something everyone sees ? temporarily, I mean a problem from gox.

- BTC-E is now connected all the time, no more problems with btc-e. Only the gox is still disconnected.
Can some create and youtube video on how to setup butterbot since people are paying money to use it  ?...its so confusing for a newbie like me.

I think that's a good idea. Pablo should bring that to the developers. I think they could make a video for each exchange so people learn how to setup their API Key permissions.
Activity: 52
Can some create and youtube video on how to setup butterbot since people are paying money to use it  ?...its so confusing for a newbie like me.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003

The MtGox API is currently having issues but we will keep trying. Butter Bot will recover automatically once the API is back up.

Also BTC-E keeps disconnecting, and I noticed if I go to chrome://extensions/  and stop and start again the bot, BTC-E will now show "connected"

How did you obtain the newer version?
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
The developers are working on a system to host a bot for you for an additionaal charge, but its not done yet, that would be the only way to not have to have the bot running on one of your own computers 24/7.

As for the settings, I didn't like the starter settings, and changed to settings I found in this thread soon after the starter settings bit me in the ass one day. Since then I've found my own settings by using the backtesting engine & just playing with random numbers until I got something good. It didn't take long, maybe half an hour.

im a  noob just to get this right

you tested out the recommended settings from the CEO at page 1
they bit you in the ass so you tested out other settings at the

"Engine" -->"Test your Settings" gave in your numbers pressed "Run Test"
and configured it until you reached a % way higher than the yearly Profit
of 12750.39% at the recommended settings?

At the last page someone mentioned someone was able to get the "Run Test" settings up to over 50.000% did I understand that right?
50,000% not 50%. Wink

Edit:

The trick to the 50,000% over a year is taking a large enough sample of the market at 1 minute intervals to map out the "noise". (price wise) I used a 2 day sample, so perhaps not the most efficient of results, but 50,000% is not bad.

The first part is running a bit of excel math you can extrapolate the most efficient settings. Just high enough profit but not low enough to eat too many fees. Frequency rather than quality.
The second part is using the two threshold values provided in ButterBot to mitigate the losses incurred.

There are a commulative number of small "noise" oscillations in the market that aggregates a higher profit than the larger oscillations which happen less frequently and which low frequency trading is usually targeting. (Most peoples settings when using butter bot.)

==========================

"Noise" occurs anywhere from 1500~ times a day to 770 times a day. A portion of that is useful while the rest is not.

Large oscillations occur anywhere from 1 to 20 times a day. (Depends on what you consider "large".)
-----------------------------

If butter bot was reprogrammed in a more sophisticated way to account for more than EMA changes, it would probably do much better than it currently does.

Though using multiple strategies and multiple accounts will probably gain you more profit than even that 50,000%. Maybe not.

Also BTC-E keeps disconnecting, and I noticed if I go to chrome://extensions/  and stop and start again the bot, BTC-E will now show "connected"

Activity: 350
Merit: 253
If "profit" means USD to you, then yes; it's designed to earn US Dollars.  If your preference is to increase your BTC holdings, instead, this bot doesn't do what you want.

Why do people keep saying this? It's not true. This bot is designed for long term trading, and as such will buy into rallies and sell into crashes, if it's configured properly. This means you will earn USD on rallies and increase BTC on crashes. It's not designed to increase one over the other, that's not how markets work.

The Bot is designed as you say, it increases USD value on the way up, and increases BTC holdings on the way down. However, I'd have to say the Bot was designed to increase one over the other, if by no other reason than you can only run tests in based in USD "Value". I would bet that having the ability to change the "Value" from USD to BTC or have them side by side, would lead to different strategies.

I think the "value" field is given in USD simply because most buyers want to get a real world impression of how they're doing. We all know what $100 is worth, but not necessarily what 1 BTC is worth (since it is so volatile). Still, you can easily do a little math with those results to find how much your bitcoin holdings would have increased.

In periods of strong up trends, such as October and November, I can see how people get the impression that the bot is designed to decrease BTC and increase USD, but that's only because the value is skyrocketing so fast! Once we reverse course, much like today, you get to see first hand exactly how EMA trading works and why it's also great at increasing your bitcoins.
Activity: 350
Merit: 253
When you play around with the test simulator and find the highest % you can get do you actually apply
it and get the calculated results?

Does anyone here get the calculated profits from the butterbot?

The 50.000 is actually true or is it just some trolling?

I'm sure it's possible, with enough tweaking, to find a return of 50,000% for one year, but keep in mind, it's always looking back one year from TODAY (ie. Jan 7, 2013 to Jan 7, 2014), so these percentages can changes on a daily basis. What someone found with their backtesting pages ago in this thread will be different today. Lots of random variables can effect the returns you get in your results, so you need to do a lot of testing on your own to find what EMA/thresholds seem to work best for you, rather than simply finding one big number and declaring it the best Smiley Good luck.
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
If "profit" means USD to you, then yes; it's designed to earn US Dollars.  If your preference is to increase your BTC holdings, instead, this bot doesn't do what you want.

Why do people keep saying this? It's not true. This bot is designed for long term trading, and as such will buy into rallies and sell into crashes, if it's configured properly. This means you will earn USD on rallies and increase BTC on crashes. It's not designed to increase one over the other, that's not how markets work.

The Bot is designed as you say, it increases USD value on the way up, and increases BTC holdings on the way down. However, I'd have to say the Bot was designed to increase one over the other, if by no other reason than you can only run tests in based in USD "Value". I would bet that having the ability to change the "Value" from USD to BTC or have them side by side, would lead to different strategies.
I bet the 50,000 number is true, but you have to factor big peaks into any number the backtesting results give you. They don't yet have the ability to set presice dates in between which to backtest, so you can't filter out big swings in price due to uncommon price fluctuations, which sway the profit value significantly.
Activity: 185
The developers are working on a system to host a bot for you for an additionaal charge, but its not done yet, that would be the only way to not have to have the bot running on one of your own computers 24/7.

As for the settings, I didn't like the starter settings, and changed to settings I found in this thread soon after the starter settings bit me in the ass one day. Since then I've found my own settings by using the backtesting engine & just playing with random numbers until I got something good. It didn't take long, maybe half an hour.

im a  noob just to get this right

and configured it until you reached a % way higher than the Profit:12750.39% at the recommended settings?

One of the first posts at this page someone mentioned someone was able to get the "Run Test" setting sup to over 50.000% did I understand that right?

I wasn't aware of anything getting 12750.39%, starter settings were around 9000% if I remember correctly.

Some people may have gotten 50,000% but I think that's unrealistic it's so rare. The best I've been able to come up with is just over 22,000%.

When you play around with the test simulator and find the highest % you can get do you actually apply
it and get the calculated results?

Does anyone here get the calculated profits from the butterbot?

The 50.000 is actually true or is it just some trolling?

im a  noob just to get this right

and configured it until you reached a % way higher than the Profit:12750.39% at the recommended settings?

One of the first posts at this page someone mentioned someone was able to get the "Run Test" setting sup to over 50.000% did I understand that right?

I wasn't aware of anything getting 12750.39%, starter settings were around 9000% if I remember correctly.

Some people may have gotten 50,000% but I think that's unrealistic it's so rare. The best I've been able to come up with is just over 22,000%.
Pages:
Jump to: