Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 29. (Read 274781 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
The developers are working on a system to host a bot for you for an additionaal charge, but its not done yet, that would be the only way to not have to have the bot running on one of your own computers 24/7.

As for the settings, I didn't like the starter settings, and changed to settings I found in this thread soon after the starter settings bit me in the ass one day. Since then I've found my own settings by using the backtesting engine & just playing with random numbers until I got something good. It didn't take long, maybe half an hour.

im a  noob just to get this right

you tested out the recommended settings from the CEO at page 1
they bit you in the ass so you tested out other settings at the

"Engine" -->"Test your Settings" gave in your numbers pressed "Run Test"
and configured it until you reached a % way higher than the yearly Profit
of 12750.39% at the recommended settings?

At the last page someone mentioned someone was able to get the "Run Test" settings up to over 50.000% did I understand that right?
Activity: 190
The developers are working on a system to host a bot for you for an additionaal charge, but its not done yet, that would be the only way to not have to have the bot running on one of your own computers 24/7.

As for the settings, I didn't like the starter settings, and changed to settings I found in this thread soon after the starter settings bit me in the ass one day. Since then I've found my own settings by using the backtesting engine & just playing with random numbers until I got something good. It didn't take long, maybe half an hour.
donator
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
For 24/7 running you can always purchase a remote desktop hosting and put the bot on there and through BitStamp for example limit the API access so it can only cash out to a certain bitcoin address (yours)? Just a thought.
If "profit" means USD to you, then yes; it's designed to earn US Dollars.  If your preference is to increase your BTC holdings, instead, this bot doesn't do what you want.

Why do people keep saying this? It's not true. This bot is designed for long term trading, and as such will buy into rallies and sell into crashes, if it's configured properly. This means you will earn USD on rallies and increase BTC on crashes. It's not designed to increase one over the other, that's not how markets work.

thx for all the replies

your quote  "if it's configured properly"

Is the suggested btc-e default settings by the ceo of butter bot at page 1 the best settings
for it?

Or have any users here figured out a better configuration?

Is there any chance getting this butter bot running 24/7 without having to run your computer
24/7 too?

Maybe in future something ,CEO ?
Activity: 350
Merit: 253
If "profit" means USD to you, then yes; it's designed to earn US Dollars.  If your preference is to increase your BTC holdings, instead, this bot doesn't do what you want.

Why do people keep saying this? It's not true. This bot is designed for long term trading, and as such will buy into rallies and sell into crashes, if it's configured properly. This means you will earn USD on rallies and increase BTC on crashes. It's not designed to increase one over the other, that's not how markets work.
Activity: 190
to all the butter bot users does this bot actually work?

does it make more profit than simple buy and hold?

does the butterbot run when not being online?

If you read several pages back on this thread, you'll see posts by a member who is a bot enthusiast, and runs all kinds of trading bots all side by side. I forget his name. He's critiqued this bot compared to all the other bots he's tried, here on the forum- if you read back you'll find his reviews. And what he says over & over is that this bot always is the clear front-runner, the clear winner, outdoing all the other bots he tries. That there says something about this bot.
Activity: 210

Yes.

Does it make more profit than simple buy and hold?

In the long term, though, yes it's profitable.  My original investment has increased 200% after three months (three months is NOT long-term, by the way.  It's just as long as I've been working with it), and that includes the big crash down from $1200.  "Buy and hold" during the same period would have given me a 40% increase.

In the short term: if market is trending up, or is trending sideways, "buy and hold" always looks better than this bot.  But look at the BTC price history.  It also trends DOWN.  That's when the bot makes big wins over buy-and-hold.

Does the butterbot run when not being online?

It doesn't.  It runs as a Chrome extension, so you need to be running CHrome 24/7.  I let it run on a spare machine at home.

does it make more profit than simple buy and hold?

does the butterbot run when not being online?
Activity: 350
Merit: 253
Thank you Butter Bot, you've really saved my ass from stupid decisions over the past couple days.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
Is everybody using the new version except me, or did it not push out like was mentioned earlier?  Can you guys put the versoin number somewhere on the windows we see, like an about tab, instead of having to go into chrome settings to check it?

Thanks...

I too haven't seen an update. I guess it must be an issue that creeped in at the last moment?
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
nope im still using version 2.4.1
uck
Activity: 94
Is everybody using the new version except me, or did it not push out like was mentioned earlier?  Can you guys put the versoin number somewhere on the windows we see, like an about tab, instead of having to go into chrome settings to check it?

Thanks...
Activity: 294
This is likely an easy answer that I've overlooked -- but..

I've downloaded the trial to try out some of my manual strategies. I've setup the MTGOX API keys.

When I try to run a test on them, I (almost instantly) get no results.

Is there something obvious I'm overlooking?

Edit --

Whoops -- I had an extra character at the end of my license key. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
V2.5 Released!!!

Friends, V2.5 has been released; you do not need to do anything, your software will update automatically throughout the next 24-48 hours. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any issues at all Smiley.

Change Log:

* New Charting engine which offers more features and increases availability (also fixes BTC-E issue)
* Fix for buy-order-triggered flood
* Several smaller bug fixes and improvements

Pablo.
I would ask you to reconsider rolling out updates automatically. Some users will want to wait and see if other users find bugs in the newest updates before rolling it out on a production and live environment.

It has been more than once that even beta testers have missed certain bugs which cause (somewhat) serious problems.

If there is a goofup somewhere down the line and a critical bug remains undetected until it goes live across a wide variety of computer users with different setups....well, I am sure those users will be hounding you guys for the BTC that is lost.

I think it is a nice idea. But it is not without serious risks. At least if someone opts-in to install it, you can point back to some kind of Terms of Service that protects you. Rolling out new versions automatically is fraught with all sorts of problems.

Keep this firmly in mind, if the update process is transparent and does not ask for user intervention, the basic thrust is that you are swapping out code and running it on many users computers. Even in large scale rolls outs, companies don't swap out new software versions until they have time to test for bugs that the developers often can't catch on the first try.

Hi PuertoLibre Smiley,
   As usual, you are right on the issue.

I have struggled with this situation but as far as I am aware there is no way around it. Google has committed to no longer letting users install third party extensions so everything must come from the Chrome store, but when you update the app on the Chrome store with a new version, it automatically sends it out.

It's a tough issue. We have severely tightened our pre-release protocols and we would certainly prefer to have manual updates. I am not on the forefront of this issue however, so there may be some solution I am missing; I will speak to the devs and let them know everyones position on this.

Pablo.
legendary
hi,

silly question, i have 2 computers that i frequently use in the house... one in my workstation, the other is my htpc which is also plugged in 24/7. how many licenses do i need? can i use one license for both machines, since i only have 1 account at btce?

thanks!

vic

Sure, no worries. You can use a single license on a system or two, it's not a problem :=).

Pablo.
Activity: 93
I read here about the "Trailing Stop Loss" but from stock trading a trailing stop loss "automatically tracks the stock’s price direction and does not have to be manually reset like the fixed stop loss"
 - because it will auto-update itself and follow the current price. And only when the price drop n% from the current maximum price - it will execute a sell.

But reading here I see that you have to update daily the Stop Loss ? or reset the bot ?
but you would have to be monitoring the bot constantly

I would like for example to sell 2 BTC at the current price of 900 $. But instead of just selling now, I could wait and use the Butter Bot as a stop loss sell bot. Is that possible ? Can I deactivate the trading bot and just use the TSL feature ?  And so instead of selling right now, I will wait a few days and the bot will sell the 2 btc at the next price drop.

2. If I have 6 bitcoins, can the TSL sell only 2 ?  Do I have to write "4"  in the "Bitcoin reserve" setting ?

3. Does the butter bot react and will sell instant with TSL in case of a sudden drop ? Do I need to set "Trade Frequency" to 1 minute or 5 minutes ?
Activity: 70
Scam Alert!!!!

Friends,
   Some unscrupulous individuals have cloned our website and are most likely using it to distribute malware; please stay away from this site: http://www (dot) avalon-bot (dot) com

Pablo.

avalon.trading.bot v2.2 has some trojans in them

AVG    PSW.MSIL.KLX    20140104
Avast    Win32:Downloader-UTU [Trj]    20140104
DrWeb    Trojan.KeyLogger.8784    20140104
ESET-NOD32    a variant of MSIL/Injector.CKA    20140104
Kaspersky    Backdoor.Win32.DarkKomet.buxz    20140104

Only affecting windows?
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
V2.5 Released!!!

Friends, V2.5 has been released; you do not need to do anything, your software will update automatically throughout the next 24-48 hours. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any issues at all Smiley.

Change Log:

* New Charting engine which offers more features and increases availability (also fixes BTC-E issue)

Pablo.
I would ask you to reconsider rolling out updates automatically. Some users will want to wait and see if other users find bugs in the newest updates before rolling it out on a production and live environment.

It has been more than once that even beta testers have missed certain bugs which cause (somewhat) serious problems.

If there is a goofup somewhere down the line and a critical bug remains undetected until it goes live across a wide variety of computer users with different setups....well, I am sure those users will be hounding you guys for the BTC that is lost.

I think it is a nice idea. But it is not without serious risks. At least if someone opts-in to install it, you can point back to some kind of Terms of Service that protects you. Rolling out new versions automatically is fraught with all sorts of problems.

Keep this firmly in mind, if the update process is transparent and does not ask for user intervention, the basic thrust is that you are swapping out code and running it on many users computers. Even in large scale rolls outs, companies don't swap out new software versions until they have time to test for bugs that the developers often can't catch on the first try.
Activity: 102
Scam Alert!!!!

Friends,
   Some unscrupulous individuals have cloned our website and are most likely using it to distribute malware; please stay away from this site: http://www (dot) avalon-bot (dot) com

Pablo.

avalon.trading.bot v2.2 has some trojans in them

AVG    PSW.MSIL.KLX    20140104
Avast    Win32:Downloader-UTU [Trj]    20140104
DrWeb    Trojan.KeyLogger.8784    20140104
ESET-NOD32    a variant of MSIL/Injector.CKA    20140104
Kaspersky    Backdoor.Win32.DarkKomet.buxz    20140104
legendary
V2.5 Released!!!

Change Log:

Pablo.
Pages:
Jump to: