Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 32. (Read 274783 times)

legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
Hi Fablo,

Is there terms of use for Butter Bot? Or any written agreement which calrify the duties of service provider?
Thank you!

Hi Cool Smiley,
  Yes there are, when you sign up for the demo, or purchase Butter, they will be the first thing you see during setup.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hi Fablo,

Is there terms of use for Butter Bot? Or any written agreement which calrify the duties of service provider?
Thank you!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Butter Bot is designed for long term trading.

Any recommended bot for short term trading to capitalise on the price volatility?

Pablo: Any plan for a HFT bot?

This is something we will definitely be looking at for V4 when we develop alternative strategy modules for Butter; like someone already pointed out however, it requires a completely new trading engine and it is not a simple task to design the algorithm either. All in all however, it is quite a requested feature and something we will definitely delve into in the future.

Smiley

Pablo.
This is the best of both worlds!
Activity: 68
Also keep in mind that the settings that gave huge profits in the past may not work well in the future...

That is what I see. The setting that yield a very high % over one year are only half as profitable as other settings when running the engine only the last one or two of months.

This is where I don't know what to do.

I personally just found some settings that I like and stick with it.  I don't tinker with it.  It's mostly set-it and forget-it with me.  It may not make the absolute highest amount possible, but it makes more that by not using the bot at all.

All in all, I'm happy with it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Thank you for inspiring me to tinker with the bot. I found some settings that get a max profit of over 21,000% now. A new record for me.

After finding such high yield try doing  3 months back engine only and compare to "known" settings.

Now put those settings on bitcoinwisdom graphs and see if those long term high yielding setting are actually valid or is there another reason for such high returns?

I have noticed the settings I found to be +19K% would have bought at higher prices and sold at lower prices than another setting I use. But if I had gone on with the 1 year engine, it would have led me to believe that  settings I would have actually made more profit in the last few months are actually less than half as profitable than the one yielding much lower returns in the last few months.
Did that make sense?
Activity: 190
Thank you for inspiring me to tinker with the bot. I found some settings that get a max profit of over 21,000% now. A new record for me.
Also keep in mind that the settings that gave huge profits in the past may not work well in the future...

That is what I see. The setting that yield a very high % over one year are only half as profitable as other settings when running the engine only the last one or two of months.

This is where I don't know what to do.
Activity: 68
Is anyone using settings that get greater than 16,000% when backtesting on BTC-e for 1 year, who would care to share such settings?

16,665% is the best I've been able to come up with thus far after running the bot for 3 months, and I'm just wondering what other high-yield settings might exist to beat this little record of mine here.

Once I saw someone in the thread talk about how they were getting 18,000% somehow, but they didn't share what settings were able to pull that off.

Thank you in advance.
Playing now I got this:
1 year BTC-E - Profit: 18447.31% - Max. Profit: 21233.24% Trades: 85
Please do share what settings yield such profits!

It is fun to share the highest profit found on the engine so we can see how we can still improve but to give out the numbers is where our interests may conflict.

Playing around with random numbers is the way I found what I found.
Is anyone using settings that get greater than 16,000% when backtesting on BTC-e for 1 year, who would care to share such settings?

16,665% is the best I've been able to come up with thus far after running the bot for 3 months, and I'm just wondering what other high-yield settings might exist to beat this little record of mine here.

Once I saw someone in the thread talk about how they were getting 18,000% somehow, but they didn't share what settings were able to pull that off.

Thank you in advance.
Playing now I got this:
Please do share what settings yield such profits!

Thank you in advance.
Playing now I got this:

EDIT: It actually goes to over 19000% if you change the minute tick offset

Thank you in advance.
Activity: 350
Merit: 253
Does anyone know how to prevent Butter Bot from spamming my inbox with buy orders?

It seems that occasionally the bot doesn't use all my cash during a buy order, and I'll be left with a small balance of three or four dollars. The bot then tries to spend that balance, but it's below the exchanges minimum buy order, so it will keep trying again and again and spam with me with "buy notification" e-mails each time. Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a quick search and couldn't come up with anything.
Activity: 168
Making Your Butter-Bot React More Quickly to the Market:

There has been a lot of email traffic on this is issue lately so let me give you guys a pro tip.

Aside from the obvious "lower your thresholds" you can effectively annul threshold 1 by entering a low negative value (like -50) meaning that that threshold will alway be met by the inverse trend so when the trend switches you only have to cross one threshold instead of two to trigger a trade.

This is not the same as having your threshold set to 0 because with 0 butter will still wait for a positive signal to trigger threshold one, albeit it a very low movement.

There are two thresholds to avoid having Butter trade on market noise, but the one threshold model is also valid and what Gomboo uses so feel free to experiment :=).

I am here if anyone needs anything.

Pablo.

Pablo,

Thank you for taking the time to address this. Can you give us as example of what settings to use to get to trade immediately after the cross over..

I have mine set to a 15 minute duration and a 10/21 with the recommend thresholds to try to get it to react quicker and at a lower/higher part of the curve, but with these smaller dips like the ones over the last few days it has been losing me money. I went from having .43 btc to .40 btc (not to mention starting at .52 btc before figuring out how to properly tweak the bot, when I first got the bot it started some bad trades out the door which I guess I should of realized it would have to buy/sell when it started up so my timing was bad.

It seems the bot really only pays off if it were to sell at say 700 and then the market crashes to 400 or something and rebounds back to 700.. These small trends from say 575 to 650 down to 590 and back 640 and repeat are not where the bot shines and can quickly lose money if a larger longer trend does not occur..

For example it went down to 615 and started to trend back and even at 15mins it moved to 633 by the time it initiated and bought at 636.. not the market went back down the 630.. On top of that is only sold at 621.. 

There is no way to really tell the difference between market noise and when a big trend will occur that would net your profit. By setting it to the default 20/42 even though less trades occur I still see similar problems with the recent noise when you plug the numbers into BitWisdom's EMA tool.

But I guess that is what Gomboo was saying.. after a few bad hits an undisciplined trader would walk away where if you stay when there is the larger trend you can make unrealized profit..

legendary
Making Your Butter-Bot React More Quickly to the Market:

There has been a lot of email traffic on this is issue lately so let me give you guys a pro tip.

Aside from the obvious "lower your thresholds" you can effectively annul threshold 1 by entering a low negative value (like -50) meaning that that threshold will alway be met by the inverse trend so when the trend switches you only have to cross one threshold instead of two to trigger a trade.

This is not the same as having your threshold set to 0 because with 0 butter will still wait for a positive signal to trigger threshold one, albeit it a very low movement.

There are two thresholds to avoid having Butter trade on market noise, but the one threshold model is also valid and what Gomboo uses so feel free to experiment :=).

I am here if anyone needs anything.

Pablo.
legendary
How close to Version 3 releasing?  I'm holding off purchasing in case it requires a whole new bot purchase instead of a free upgrade.

Hi Spiffy Smiley,
  V3 will be a free upgrade as are all bot upgrades for current subscribers Smiley.

We don't have a set date, but early next year is what we are aiming for, hopefully between January and February.

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Pablo.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Any recommended bot for short term trading to capitalise on the price volatility?

This is something we will definitely be looking at for V4 when we develop alternative strategy modules for Butter; like someone already pointed out however, it requires a completely new trading engine and it is not a simple task to design the algorithm either. All in all however, it is quite a requested feature and something we will definitely delve into in the future.

Smiley

Pablo.

we can`t wait  Grin
Activity: 235
How close to Version 3 releasing?  I'm holding off purchasing in case it requires a whole new bot purchase instead of a free upgrade.
legendary

Smiley

Pablo.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
And i have another question if anyone can help out....i am trading on BTC-E

This is from the notification email....
EMA diff is at 0.307% (1 BTC = 639.7 USD) at btce.

A buy order was triggered.

Your friendly trading bot.

This is the buy according to BTC-E

BTC/USD   buy   0.01 BTC   644 USD   6.44 USD   22.12.13 17:16

Seems like a pretty good distance between those numbers?  or am i just reading it wrong?
Pages:
Jump to: