Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 34. (Read 274783 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Hey Guys,

I got the trail software yesterday and well the bot made two bad purchases so far, but I guess they were initial purchases each time so I will let that slide.. As I hope it makes some better purchases in the future.

I am trading on BTC-e and I am using the default settings and this morning I see a $100 spread where I think bot would of done something but it didnt... Did anyone's bot do anything last night with the up at $750 ish and the down again to $650??

One of my miners were "sick" and it possibly made my browser freeze so maybe the thing wasn't working? Does the browser need to be open for the bot to make trades?

Since then I restarted my miner and the browser was working fine, but I am at work and haven't monitored it, but it hasn't made any trades.. Markets been up and down all morning but I do not what constitutes as enough to trade really..

Looking for some help as I had .56 btc and now I am down to .42

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
all worked fine last night...would be nice to see a profit/loss calculator daily or weekly...dont know if there is one somewhere or not?
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
off and running....it was a minimum buy thing...had all my funds sitting in BTC and had to convert them to USD....didnt have enough cash readily available is there somewhere to factor in the trade costs? sorry....super newb to the bots

The way I read things is that with the BTC price on the up, if the funds in the account were held in BTC, the bot would have left the coins alone figuring that the market would have risen higher - hence no action on the part of the bot.

Once the funds were converted from BTC into USD, the bot, again thinking that the price of BTC was rising, would then buy BTC with the available USD.

Yeah that's exactly my reasoning there too, market is upward trend so buying BTC is the best option if USD available. if only BTC is available hen it would just leave them alone till the EMA's cross
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?
off and running....it was a minimum buy thing...had all my funds sitting in BTC and had to convert them to USD....didnt have enough cash readily available is there somewhere to factor in the trade costs? sorry....super newb to the bots

The way I read things is that with the BTC price on the up, if the funds in the account were held in BTC, the bot would have left the coins alone figuring that the market would have risen higher - hence no action on the part of the bot.

Once the funds were converted from BTC into USD, the bot, again thinking that the price of BTC was rising, would then buy BTC with the available USD.

Not 100% sure, but assume that trade costs are included in the overall buy/sell calculations.

That's my thinking anyway.

Smiley
Activity: 69
I find it helps to punch my EMA numbers into bitcoinwisdom.com & set it to display EMA lines there so I can watch & see what the bot sees & can see right when the lines cross. Then I can know when to expect an 'imminent' email from the bot.

Yep I agree, I do the same on bitcoinwisdom with EMA's
Activity: 190
Wierd.
I thought it was supposed to use whatever funds you gave it.
Pablo, that doesn't seem right. It shouldn't matter, should it?
It won't miss a chance unless there's a problem. As long as you have that checkmark you're golden. But it won't trade unless all the conditions are met, so sometimes you have to be patient.

I find it helps to punch my EMA numbers into bitcoinwisdom.com & set it to display EMA lines there so I can watch & see what the bot sees & can see right when the lines cross. Then I can know when to expect an 'imminent' email from the bot.
its been open for a good while now....2hours plus and i am sitting on 30 min EMAs i will try to restart the browser and see....
No, but it waits until the next tick offset comes around on whatever frequency interval you have it set for. It waits until it comes around to its time to open its eyes & look before it executes. The EMA lines cross & you get the 'imminent' email, then next time the time is right it'll execute if the conditions are met.
Hmm...well its not executing any trades although i can see all the EMAs and my balance..etc...its connected.....does anyone know if there needs to be a min balance for trading?
I'm just posting a reply here so I can reset notifications for this thread- they stopped for some reason somehow.
Thanks...all seems working...do buy/sell orders show up in the BTC-E account page?  is there a minimum BTC you need to keep in the account for it to autorun?
Activity: 68
its now connected but says "invalid symbol" in the window....how can we tell if its actually running?

ButterBot gets its graphs from BitcoinCharts.  But BitcoinCharts hasn't been able to get data from BTC-E for a week or more now.  You can still get charts for the other two exchanges.

Also, you should be able to see the table of current and past Time, Prices, and EMAs.
its now connected but says "invalid symbol" in the window....how can we tell if its actually running?
Looks like i may have found it!
API: connected
MTGOX: disconnected
BTC-E:disconnected
BITSTAMP: disconnected

Having this same issue..is there a step by step fix?
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
I read through the manual and did some "back testing", but it seemed to come up negative or below the value of buying and holding each time.  Am I missing something?  I use BTC-E

Hi Invisible Smiley,
  With the EMA strategy, you need to back test for six months or more, short term back testing results can be pretty random for reasons previously discussed.

Please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
I read through the manual and did some "back testing", but it seemed to come up negative or below the value of buying and holding each time.  Am I missing something?  I use BTC-E
Activity: 235
I understand this trade program is designed for long term but how is it for day trading short term and what would be optimal settings on btc-e to try out the demo with .05btc over the 3 day period? A couple 3 day tests with a small amount of BTC should give me a solid idea if its a viable option to make profitable small trades and would then open the door to more BTC and a long term purchase and subscription.  Thanks in advance
Pages:
Jump to: