Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 35. (Read 274783 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Does anyone actually have their bot running atm? If so how's it doing? Mine sold at $859 and i turned it off once the tumble began. I'm scared to turn it back on. Anyone care to share some wisdom? settings? i'm living vicariously through bitcoinwisdom with my bot's EMA settings: 7/15 so far it seems like it would've been ok.

ours is running and on the default for btc-e. it got out a $821. As time goes on I feel confident that the bot is going look after my investment. Like you we've had bitcoinwisdom open and have been watching constantly which I dont think is a good thing. For example. Yesterday morning I woke up to see that market looked like it was going to recover. it went from 609 to 746 in a couple of hours. I panicked and set the bot to 15 mins. by the time I had gotten to work the lines had just crossed but the market was already turning back. By the time I'd teamviewed home the bot had bought back in. I then had to resell at a small loss. set it back to 30mins and have left it alone since.  The problem is my greedy little piggy eyes see there are big profits (potentially) when the market moves that quickly but you have to keep the repeating mantra "long term, long term"

this is all speculation mind, i'll probably be skint in a couple of weeks.
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
I would like to try out Butter Bot. Before that, there is an issue I would like to seek advise on.

I would like to have 2 trading channels in BTC-e: bot channel and manual channel.

Right now, I have an existing account with BTC-e, which I am using for manual trading. The problem is that if bot trades with this account, it will interfere with my manual trading.
I thought about having a second account for bot trading. The problem is that with chrome, you cannot login to a second account without logging out from the first account first.

Short of using virtual machine or a second PC, is there any way to have 2 trading channels concurrently on a single PC?

You could try creating a new user profile in Chrome & have a separate Chrome for the second account/user.

The solution works. Thank you!

I wonder why you'd need that, though. The bot doesn't require you to be logged in with the account it trades on. It just needs to have the corresponding API key.

I'm now up around 60% in BTC in the last 2 weeks or so btw., Butter Bot is working really really well for me in combination with buying back gradually during the big dips Cheesy

Since the drop started my bot has done nothing... (mind you I like the fact that it is going down and hasn't bought) but I am curious as to your settings if ya don't mind sharing..

I have short 18 long 34 on 30 minute trading..

Naelr
Activity: 168
BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com
Does anyone actually have their bot running atm? If so how's it doing? Mine sold at $859 and i turned it off once the tumble began. I'm scared to turn it back on. Anyone care to share some wisdom? settings? i'm living vicariously through bitcoinwisdom with my bot's EMA settings: 7/15 so far it seems like it would've been ok.

If you would have left it on, you would have benefited from this tumble.  Smiley
Activity: 24
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I would like to try out Butter Bot. Before that, there is an issue I would like to seek advise on.

I would like to have 2 trading channels in BTC-e: bot channel and manual channel.

Right now, I have an existing account with BTC-e, which I am using for manual trading. The problem is that if bot trades with this account, it will interfere with my manual trading.
I thought about having a second account for bot trading. The problem is that with chrome, you cannot login to a second account without logging out from the first account first.

Short of using virtual machine or a second PC, is there any way to have 2 trading channels concurrently on a single PC?

You could try creating a new user profile in Chrome & have a separate Chrome for the second account/user.

I wonder why you'd need that, though. The bot doesn't require you to be logged in with the account it trades on. It just needs to have the corresponding API key.

I'm now up around 60% in BTC in the last 2 weeks or so btw., Butter Bot is working really really well for me in combination with buying back gradually during the big dips Cheesy
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Activity: 196

I don't see a problem. I have one account on BTC-E linked to the bot and one account I use for 'manual' trades.
You can login to your 'manual' account on chrome and it will not affect the bot's account or it doing its job.
Activity: 190

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

uck
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
I think ButterBot should have a 'Lifetime Subscription' offer available for $1,499.99, with free upgrades forever.

I certainly like that idea Smiley. I would be worried about "forever" though given server costs as we plan to keep developing for the next couple of decades Smiley.

I will look into this though, it may be worth it for long term clients.

Pablo.

Just take the 1500.00 US, and buy a bond or other interest bearing item earning 5-6%, and you have perpetual income of about 75.00 a year from it...forever.
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
I think ButterBot should have a 'Lifetime Subscription' offer available for $1,499.99, with free upgrades forever.

I certainly like that idea Smiley. I would be worried about "forever" though given server costs as we plan to keep developing for the next couple of decades Smiley.

I will look into this though, it may be worth it for long term clients.

Pablo.
legendary
Does anybody know if one butter bot license allows it to run simultaneously on multiple machines?

I'd like to have it running 24/7 on my desktop at home, while being able to check / test / change settings while traveling.

Hey Smiley,
  You can actually run a couple of instances as long as it's within reason and for your own personal use. A lot of people do this to trade with multiple strategies on the same account and this is not a problem if you are using different API keys and settings. As someone else already pointed out though, it is a problem if you are using two bots on the same account simultaneously which are running the same settings as they will really trample on each other.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Pablo,

Do you think you could get the developers to make the graph on the engine tab change to coorespond with the main exchange chosen in the drop down menu?

Ngin,
  Yep, this is already on the board for V3 Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Very much appreciated. I will explore both options and see which works best.
Teamviewer is a remote access solution that's free for personal use that some people have had success with, and it looks easy enough, although it didn't work for me when I tried it. You may have better luck than I had.
Activity: 210
Does anybody know if one butter bot license allows it to run simultaneously on multiple machines?

I'd like to have it running 24/7 on my desktop at home, while being able to check / test / change settings while traveling.

This isn't really a good idea.  Multiple instances of the bot will trample on each other, as they all try do act on the information they have (the bot won't know that other instances exist, so it will try to make duplicate trades, etc., and create a big mess)

I'd suggest setting the bot up on a machine at home, and then configuring yourself with a remote login system such as LogMeIn so that you can connect to that machine and monitor the bot.

I leave my bot running on a home PC, and use a VNC server to connect to it when I'm on the road.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Activity: 196
Need any help ? Just PM me
The license key start when we got them on email ? Why not make it start count when we activate it ? I activate it today and it said will expired 3 more days

Hi BlueMonkey Smiley,
  The demo starts when you download the file, but please feel free to download another copy, you are not limited to one Smiley.

Pablo.
Thanks for explain
Activity: 11
OK, I own this thing for months but want to try it for first time.

I've added my testings but for btc-e but how do I make bot to start trading?

BTW, hopes hosting is coming soon, it's really crucial, I can't really keep the PC and Chrome running 24 hours.

Hi Seleme Smiley,
   Long time no see!  Glad you're back Smiley.

Yes, hosting is coming along, no release date yet, but it's coming along pretty well.

The bot will trade when the market reverses itself; EMA is a trend strategy and right now BTC is trending up, when the algorithm identifies that BTC will start trending down, you will see a trade. Your bot should have been holding BTC for the past several days so you should be all set.

To make double sure your bot is set up properly, please look for the "Connectivity Check Mark" on the main bot menu (picture below).

http://i.imgur.com/RadY3JD.png

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything at all.

Pablo.

Hi Pablo,

Thank you very much for your butter bot. Now I am planning to use the butter for a long-term which is at least 1 year and I really really hope the hosting solution will be realized. I am so looking forward to it!

Best regards.
Pages:
Jump to: