Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 39. (Read 274783 times)

Activity: 190
Merit: 100
I have a feature request.

I'd like the bot to generate a chart of the exchange(s) it's actively trading on with EMA lines based on each exchanges' settings in the bot, and make them available on the local network, each on different addresses.

This so that I can monitor exactly what the bot sees from all different places around the house. I can have a display in the bedroom on an old desktop PC with a monitor, on a tablet in the kitchen, on my main PC in the office, & on a tablet in the family room.

Currently I use bitcoinwisdom for this purpose, but you can't set the tick offset there, so you don't see _exactly_ what the bot sees. Plus, they have a big ad taking up 1/3 of the screen, and even with AdBlock Plus, there's still wasted screen space with their order book being displayed, too.

If this feature were to be implemented with the hosted bot, it could be better, since each chart could have its own page/link accessible from anywhere providing you're logged in.

Right now the tiny little chart in the icon when you press the button is too small to be of much use, it needs to be full screen in my opinion. And the chart should have its own tab, taking up the whole space.

So that's my 2 cents. Hope it gains traction & gets implemented someday.
No, you can't change that graph. And yes you can trade on multiple exchanges- with different settings for each if you wamt, too. Use the checkbox to override the global settings.
Activity: 231
There are alot of back pages to read in this thread and I am not 1/2 through yet.. is there anyway to remove the MtGox graph and put in BTC-e on the main page?

And is the bot ok on trading on multiple sites anyone have any problems with this?

Naelr
Hi everyone,

I have my bot setup on BTC-e with 7/15 EMA, and I like where it tends to cross nearby to the peak of the up or low swings when it's set to 2 hours sample rate.

My problem is that when the lines cross, the bot doesn't immediately take action, but rather waits until the next time it looks up to sample, which could be 1.5 hours away- and by then the good price is gone.

So my question is how can I keep the EMA cross points happening in the good places like they do now, while lessening the time it takes between the cross & the transaction?

To make it trade on the crossings you have to set the "1" thresholds to something high negative so that they are always met (e.g. -50) and the "2" thresholds to 0.

Thank you very much. I didn't know.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Hi everyone,

I have my bot setup on BTC-e with 7/15 EMA, and I like where it tends to cross nearby to the peak of the up or low swings when it's set to 2 hours sample rate.

My problem is that when the lines cross, the bot doesn't immediately take action, but rather waits until the next time it looks up to sample, which could be 1.5 hours away- and by then the good price is gone.

So my question is how can I keep the EMA cross points happening in the good places like they do now, while lessening the time it takes between the cross & the transaction?

To make it trade on the crossings you have to set the "1" thresholds to something high negative so that they are always met (e.g. -50) and the "2" thresholds to 0.
Hi everyone,

These are the settings  I am using.  No trades since Dec 5, 2013 at 10:30 PM.
Yep, everything is right. With these settings bot would sell everything on 5th. As the price had huge drop after that - you actually should be glad that this happened Smiley
Also, with current trend and these settings bot will buy all BTC back within few hours

yea I noticed the huge drop but I figured it should have bought back by now.... thanks PaperClip I will give it more time ...

Naelr

OK I just received the "A buy order is imminent!" email... hahah just got scared I guess.  But shouldn't it have bought somewhere between $665 and now at what $780?
These are the settings  I am using.  No trades since Dec 5, 2013 at 10:30 PM.
Yep, everything is right. With these settings bot would sell everything on 5th. As the price had huge drop after that - you actually should be glad that this happened Smiley
Also, with current trend and these settings bot will buy all BTC back within few hours

yea I noticed the huge drop but I figured it should have bought back by now.... thanks PaperClip I will give it more time ...

Naelr
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I decided to test the bot and downloaded it  2 days ago.. it is setup with BTC-e suggested settings and the first thing it did was sell my BTC... no big deal only had a little bit... but since then it made 1 trade and has done nothing for the last 2 days.  For 1 of those 2 days I had Gox in there with different settings for both.. is this a no no ?  I have since disabled the MTGox trading part (about 15 hours ago) and still no trades... is something wrong?

Naelr

The bot uses EMA as it's underlying trade strategy, which is a long term strategy, and will sometimes take weeks between trades. It's diciplined & usually won't trade on market 'noise'.

You can change its settings so that it behaves more like a day trading bot, or even an HFT bot, but backtesting proves that doing so is far less profitable than a long term approach.

Then my next question would be is anyone running the suggested settings for BTC-E and have they had the bot trade at all in the last 48 hours?

The following settings are for Bitstamp and BTC-e:

Short EMA: 20    Long EMA: 42
Buy 1: 0    Buy 2: 0.15
Sell 1: 0    Sell 2: 0.1
30 minute time window.

I decided to test the bot and downloaded it  2 days ago.. it is setup with BTC-e suggested settings and the first thing it did was sell my BTC... no big deal only had a little bit... but since then it made 1 trade and has done nothing for the last 2 days.  For 1 of those 2 days I had Gox in there with different settings for both.. is this a no no ?  I have since disabled the MTGox trading part (about 15 hours ago) and still no trades... is something wrong?

Naelr

The bot uses EMA as it's underlying trade strategy, which is a long term strategy, and will sometimes take weeks between trades. It's diciplined & usually won't trade on market 'noise'.

You can change its settings so that it behaves more like a day trading bot, or even an HFT bot, but backtesting proves that doing so is far less profitable than a long term approach.

Naelr
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I also bought back in gradually for a mean price of 709$ at bitstamp, which means that I made around 45% profit in BTC (which is waaaay more than the bot "lost" during the last weeks' rally before) Cheesy

I usually let the bot do it's thing but it's a trading tool, not a crystal ball or something, so sometimes I risk to interfer with manual trades. Buying back in after sharp drops like that one is one of those cases.
you guys better buy manually in this drop before bot do it, so you take better profit...

I made the mistake of pausing the bot manually at the beginning of the crash, thinking it would quickly recover, now I wish I had let it sell back when it had the chance.

I learned my lesson of getting in the bot's way. Should've trusted the bot & let it be.
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
you guys better buy manually in this drop before bot do it, so you take better profit...
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
You are wrong,

its not designed to increase your fiat and decrease your bitcoins, its designed to decrease your fiat and also your bitcoins.

becuase just holding your 49 bitcoins would return you more fiat in exchange than using the bot.

to increase your fiat you dont need any bot, you need just wait...

49.88 btc * 938 = 46787,44$
vs
42675$
In reality people will adjust their EMA constants every week or so, resulting with bigger profit then year long simulation with the same configuration for all period. Also, bot would earn some profit  even in case if btc price do not rises, but just fluctuates around certain value. This is huge difference than saving btc.

Another thing is that with EMA strategy you are protected against btc price drops. When price drops - bot simply converts your goods to usd. When price rises - goods are exchanged back to btc.

Like this morning when I saw huge BTC rate drop during last day - first thing I have checked is how much did I lost on my btc-e account. My bot configuration now is rather ok, but I did lost around 5% of usd value, until bot converted btc to usd. But its much less then losing 40% like those who just store btc. And awesome part is that if price will rise back to the old value - I will get these 40% as profit.

Soo, thank you Butter Bot, you are doing great job Grin
Activity: 210
LOL, too many people trading on EMA crossovers causes the market to be extremely volatile and you all can't make money (market can't support all ya botters)

Not everyone is trading on the same EMA crossovers, or at the same intervals.  And there are many other bots that use many other strategies.  And a bunch of people who remain strong with their buy-and-hold.  And no shortage of n00bs who trade based on what they read in the BTC-e trollbox, or based on what Jupiter is doing, or based on what Reddit says, or based on what the Winklevii say....

But thanks for your concern.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
LOL, too many people trading on EMA crossovers causes the market to be extremely volatile and you all can't make money (market can't support all ya botters)
Instability is good!
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Activity: 210
Trading to increase US$, but gaining less US$ than buying and holding BTC is trading at loss. Is that really so difficult to understand?

I understand completely.  And I'm willing to accept a bit of loss in exchange for keeping my cortisol levels low.  But you keep holding, sir, if that's what you like to do.  You can reserve the right to gloat, and I waive the right to complain.

I have a few pots of bitcoin, and I use multiple strategies.  Some work better than others, and I'm happy to continue to play with several methods. My EMA strategy has been the most *consistent*... for me.
Pages:
Jump to: