Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 42. (Read 274783 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
What's the highest profit value anyone's ever seen in backtesting, and what settings did it?

The highest I've seen was just over 12,000%, from someone who posted a screenshot several pages back.

Activity: 190
Merit: 100
What's the highest profit value anyone's ever seen in backtesting, and what settings did it?

The highest I've seen was just over 12,000%, from someone who posted a screenshot several pages back.

Activity: 196
Thanks Guys..  Will play with those settings..

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Kuroth, you can see the numbers.  So in your case Bot buys at $799 because:

1) The cross to the positive happened
2) The DIFF percentage was met
3) You hit your time frame
4) You hit your offset

So that's how it determines a buy, and the same on a sell.  So you can play with the EMA lines, you can play with the DIFF % (the space between the lines essentially), and the time frame.  I leave the EMA lines alone personally at 10/21 and just adjust the DIFF and time frames.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Why are you presuming it shouldn't have bought or sold when it did? It bought low and sold high, right?

One way to do it is via your Buy2/Sell2 thresholds to make sure the difference is higher, the other way would be to increase your long EMA.

Sometimes gotta play with both to find what works for you. If you wanted it to ride out the 918$ dip, an easy way to do it would be increase your long EMA.

The downside is, if there is an actual dive, instead of selling at 918, the bot might have sold below 799.. depending on the settings.
Activity: 196
So what I am trying to figure out and was hoping you all could give me some suggestions of what to play around with on the settings is this..

To me with the current suggested settings for Bitstamp the Bot is buying and selling at "small" swings compared to what the Price of Bitcoins are..

Meaning like this..

Bot buys at $799

Bitcoin goes up to $960

Bitcoin comes down to $918 and Bot sells  (Small Swing..  Should not sell here)

Bot Buys back in at $901  (Small down Turn..  Bot should not have bought here)

Bot Sells again at 920(Small Swing..  Should not sell here)

Etc Etc..

Now that the price of Bitcoin is so high, the Bot is still buying and selling on small % swings like it thinks the price of Bitcoin is still at $90

What settings could I play with to make it where the swings have to be bigger % wise (up and down) to trigger buys and Sells?
I'm not doing any altcoin trading right now, haven't had time to sit in front of a computer.. but I at least have some from when I mined it, so I'm happy!
legendary
Is anyone getting rich from this LTC rally recently?
I am probably getting rich from the FTC\PPC rally.

LTC requires an abundance of constant attention...many have been burned across the alt coins in the past. (including FTC)
Activity: 190
Is anyone getting rich from this LTC rally recently?
legendary
I had the Bot turned off and it executed a buy order.

I turned it off, sold manually, then it bought back much higher than I sold, and it fell below what I originally sold at... and now I'm looking at a $500 dollar loss.

Can I get a refund on my free trial of this garbage??
Make sure to send your console logs to Pablo so he can check it out.

I have never seen that type of error.
It has several features to disable the engine from trading.

At the engine level in general and at the level of each independent exchange.
Activity: 267
I had the Bot turned off and it executed a buy order.

I turned it off, sold manually, then it bought back much higher than I sold, and it fell below what I originally sold at... and now I'm looking at a $500 dollar loss.

Can I get a refund on my free trial of this garbage??
Activity: 448
It buys when the EMA standards are met at the interval you set.  So 1 hour, 30 min, whatever.  Not the exact moments they happen.  At least that's my experience.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Hi Pablo

I'm running on UTC+1 but not sure I understand why that would delay a possible sale/buy? Dosen't the bot just buy when the EMA thresholds has been met regardless of the computer time?

I've had it work fine with the suggested settings for BTC-e earlier.

And you have mail btw:)
Activity: 59
No worries Pablo

Bot is making me money anyways since it bought BTC where I wouldn't  Grin

I'm playing with <$30 for now till I'm sure my settings work correctly.

Butter relies on the clock on the computer where you are running it, I suspect your computer clock may be off or maybe your time zone which may be why Butter is buying at off times.

Please double check that if you can, I want everything to work perfectly for you :=).

I'm glad you are having a good experience Smiley.

Pablo.

what timezone should we set it to?
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
No worries Pablo

Butter relies on the clock on the computer where you are running it, I suspect your computer clock may be off or maybe your time zone which may be why Butter is buying at off times.

Please double check that if you can, I want everything to work perfectly for you :=).

I'm glad you are having a good experience Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 10
No worries Pablo

legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
Anyone else think there should be a monthly trial instead of a week trial? I'm not getting a really good feel for the performance after one week.
yes Wink
Activity: 267
Anyone else think there should be a monthly trial instead of a week trial? I'm not getting a really good feel for the performance after one week.
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
Butter Bot owner here but little frustrated.

My bot does not currently buy/sell when a given threshold has been reached. Maybe it's due to me playing around with the short and long EMA range and mine are far from normal, but still ..

I'd like someone from Butter Bot to have a look at it, but do not wan't to share my setting in public.

No activity on Skype which is one of the contact options listed on the page.

You could PM me a screenshot of the bot's status, maybe I could help? I don't care to use your settings if that's your worry.

When you see a dark red Difference, it should sell, and a dark green would be buy/hold. Make sure the API key you setup has the proper permissions (trade & info) as well.

It actually does sell and buy... just not when it should. It's delayed so something is not right.

I think I need someone from Butter Bot to have a look at the logs.

Hi Rizzern Smiley,
   I have a feeling I know what's going on, could you please PM me your email and I will get back to you now? Or email me at [email protected]; Subject: Urgent: Bot Problem and I will take care of it post haste.

I appreciate your patience with this, we will get the issue resolved as soon as I hear back from you.

Pablo.
STILL waiting for ALT-COINS

Turn of the year is when they mentioned the new version, I believe.

Pages:
Jump to: