Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 43. (Read 274783 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Butter Bot owner here but little frustrated.

My bot does not currently buy/sell when a given threshold has been reached. Maybe it's due to me playing around with the short and long EMA range and mine are far from normal, but still ..

I'd like someone from Butter Bot to have a look at it, but do not wan't to share my setting in public.

No activity on Skype which is one of the contact options listed on the page.

You could PM me a screenshot of the bot's status, maybe I could help? I don't care to use your settings if that's your worry.

When you see a dark red Difference, it should sell, and a dark green would be buy/hold. Make sure the API key you setup has the proper permissions (trade & info) as well.

It actually does sell and buy... just not when it should. It's delayed so something is not right.

I think I need someone from Butter Bot to have a look at the logs.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Free World
STILL waiting for ALT-COINS
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

My bot does not currently buy/sell when a given threshold has been reached. Maybe it's due to me playing around with the short and long EMA range and mine are far from normal, but still ..

I'd like someone from Butter Bot to have a look at it, but do not wan't to share my setting in public.

You could PM me a screenshot of the bot's status, maybe I could help? I don't care to use your settings if that's your worry.

When you see a dark red Difference, it should sell, and a dark green would be buy/hold. Make sure the API key you setup has the proper permissions (trade & info) as well.
Activity: 10

Activity: 7
You have PM from me. Been playing around with trial bot today although no trading done yet. Hopefully, you will be online soon to polish off my configuration.
Activity: 53
Can I beta test any Altcoin bot please?
Activity: 12
I don't remember, maybe 0/0.15, 0/0.25, something like that.
When the numbers are green and match your buy thresholds the bot buys (or holds)
When the numbers are red and match your sell thresholds, the bot sells. Does that explain it?
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
I don't remember, maybe 0/0.15, 0/0.25, something like that.
Activity: 12
When I use the EMA system at bitcoinwisdom, the lines never seem to cross at the same place as where the bot trades.

At the time I was using settings with 7 short EMA & 20 long EMA settings, I had just re enabled the bot after a manual trade & it sold. So I looked at bitcoinwisdom's lines to see why the bot sold & I didn't see a cross there.

I had a 7 & a 20 set in bitcoinwisdom's parameters, & I had 'EMA' chosen in its settings. The time frame I was viewing matched the frequency on the bot. I don't know what was wrong.
What do you have set in Buy Threshold 1 & 2? This determines when it trades after the EMA crossover.
Activity: 190
When I use the EMA system at bitcoinwisdom, the lines never seem to cross at the same place as where the bot trades.

At the time I was using settings with 7 short EMA & 20 long EMA settings, I had just re enabled the bot after a manual trade & it sold. So I looked at bitcoinwisdom's lines to see why the bot sold & I didn't see a cross there.

I had a 7 & a 20 set in bitcoinwisdom's parameters, & I had 'EMA' chosen in its settings. The time frame I was viewing matched the frequency on the bot. I don't know what was wrong.

I kinda wish the bot had a WYSIWYG feature that let us visualize the EMA lines we set in the bot somehow. I think it would be cool to be able to tinker with the settings & see the effect it has on the lines in real time. And historically.
It's easy to share settings, but unless you understand what's going on with them, you might end up losing with them as well because you have to adapt them to your specific situation. PM me what you've got and I'll see what I think about them.

Each exchange has its own personality, especially this past week (more than ever before). I have different groups of settings for each exchange for this reason. I lost a little on gox this week so I killed my gox bot until I had time to review my stats. I spent a couple hours today going over the data and plotted some new settings for me to try. "So far so good", no losses.

BTCE has continued to make BTC but ever so slightly, at least it's not losing. GOX requires you either go very conservative with large EMAs and short timeframes, or mid-to-long timeframes with short EMA cycles catch the roller coaster effects.

Have you gone to bitcoinwisdom and played with the EMA system there, looking at the historical data? Have you setup EMA calculation in some columns on a spreadsheet like Excel, to get a feel for how it works? If you do this, you'll learn a lot about how it works. Doing this would help you (and others who haven't) a lot. Part of what I'm suggesting is to use different settings for each exchange, if you haven't done so already. The market is too volatile for each exchange to react similarly.
Activity: 44
Sure, so are mine... First trade was big profit, nowhere near as big as I'd have liked but can't be helped... Subsequent trades have all lost small amounts but first trade more than covers them... I just think I could have done a bit better this last week. The small losses have decreased my BTC holding from the first trade so at this point I'd have been better off with B&H - I'm certain this won't be the case months down the line, but it seems EMA works best when there's some big drops for it to work with, which at present there aren't. Vespa mentioned that he'd made profit over the last week and I was just wondering how.
Activity: 196
EMA isn't perfect, but it does work. It's going to need time to get through the trade losses. I honestly don't suggest letting it dabble with mtgox right now. The market is simply too volatile right now, especially mtgox. I shut off my mtgox trader, but have made profit with btce the past few days. Yes, I have made BTC with btce this past weekend.

I don't suppose you'd share your settings for BTCE over the past few days? I've lost on the last few trades - I'm not complaining, I understand the long term concept and I've read up on EMA etc. but it seems there are a lot of opportunities I could have taken advantage of with some better settings over the last week. Even moving down to 15 mins would have put me in a better position, but everything I've read drums in the idea of not going below 30 mins. Having said that, moving up to 2 hours would mean I'd still be long from about $300 which might actually be preferable!
The EMA numbers seem pretty arbitrary, I can play around with them and get better results in back testing, but I can't predict what's going to happen to the market so I'm generally sticking to safe numbers.
Goomboo's thread gives some nice info on what EMA is and about sticking to the system, but I can't find much info on deciding on your settings.

Since July 2013 when I started using this Bot, I have lost on probably 70% to 80% of my tades it has made for me..   But they have been small loses(% wise)..   

Activity: 44
EMA isn't perfect, but it does work. It's going to need time to get through the trade losses. I honestly don't suggest letting it dabble with mtgox right now. The market is simply too volatile right now, especially mtgox. I shut off my mtgox trader, but have made profit with btce the past few days. Yes, I have made BTC with btce this past weekend.

I don't suppose you'd share your settings for BTCE over the past few days? I've lost on the last few trades - I'm not complaining, I understand the long term concept and I've read up on EMA etc. but it seems there are a lot of opportunities I could have taken advantage of with some better settings over the last week. Even moving down to 15 mins would have put me in a better position, but everything I've read drums in the idea of not going below 30 mins. Having said that, moving up to 2 hours would mean I'd still be long from about $300 which might actually be preferable!
The EMA numbers seem pretty arbitrary, I can play around with them and get better results in back testing, but I can't predict what's going to happen to the market so I'm generally sticking to safe numbers.
Goomboo's thread gives some nice info on what EMA is and about sticking to the system, but I can't find much info on deciding on your settings.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Are the graphs working for people atm?

I'm seeing broken image icons, and direct links to bot graphs give "405 not allowed" http errors from bitcoincharts.
The bitcoincharts API is not working (since yesterday actually). But I can see the charts in the site tough.
Activity: 238
I run Linux on my abacus.
Are the graphs working for people atm?

I'm seeing broken image icons, and direct links to bot graphs give "405 not allowed" http errors from bitcoincharts.
Is it 10000$, 20000$, 10000000$?Huh? ... geez and only after 5 minutes since you started with 6000$. You made all this profit in 5 minutes with the bot?
Geez , I concede my defeat, this bot seems to make a huge amount of profit after all, I just need to learn some special way of doing maths like only you know.  Shocked

It seems like he's saying, he fronted $1200usd to try it out, and he cashed out profits at the intervals specified.

$1.2k front
$1k cashout
$2k cashout
$1k cashout

$4k cashed out total

$3.4k current balance = $2.2kusd profit not cashed out

$6.2k usd total profit above the $1.2k front.

Seems like simple math to me.

"$6.2k usd total profit above the $1.2k front."
Yup, so 7400$.

Yeah, that does appear to be right. I'm not going on either side, just seeing what the data says.

BTC was in the 50-70 range in july which, if bought and held, would be around 17btc today I believe. Of course he didn't hold, he cashed out at intervals which makes it harder to determine the difference between B&H and EMA. If he provides us the dates and amounts, then it could be determined.
Activity: 196
Also please come back here and talk about your buy and Hold theory next time BTC drops 70% like it did back in June..   Which it will do again..

While I will be in Cash Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy  Before the 70% Drop and you will still be holding your BTC that will now be worth 70% less...   Nice..

Oh and I(The Bot) will buy again when its down 70% but starts a turn up and buy MANY more BTC at this low price and then ride it back up..

Sell

Buy

Sell

Buy

Sell

Take 4K profit

Buy

Sell

Bye bye..

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Is it 10000$, 20000$, 10000000$?Huh? ... geez and only after 5 minutes since you started with 6000$. You made all this profit in 5 minutes with the bot?
Geez , I concede my defeat, this bot seems to make a huge amount of profit after all, I just need to learn some special way of doing maths like only you know.  Shocked

It seems like he's saying, he fronted $1200usd to try it out, and he cashed out profits at the intervals specified.

$1.2k front
$1k cashout
$2k cashout
$1k cashout

$4k cashed out total

"$6.2k usd total profit above the $1.2k front."
Yup, so 7400$.

$1.2k front
$1k cashout
$2k cashout
$1k cashout

$4k cashed out total

Pages:
Jump to: