Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 41. (Read 274783 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Haven't caught up on all of this thread, but I logged into my trading server to see how things went during the pop today. On BTCE I made 50% profit, and on GOX I made 10% profit.

Color me happy lol. It offset some of the small losses on Friday.

Figures are in BTC, not fiat, fwiw.

Care to share your settings?

I can't find any settings that result in a BTC profit in the last 2 months….
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Haven't caught up on all of this thread, but I logged into my trading server to see how things went during the pop today. On BTCE I made 50% profit, and on GOX I made 10% profit.

Color me happy lol. It offset some of the small losses on Friday.

Figures are in BTC, not fiat, fwiw.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I notice that the EMA differences change historically.

Look:
http://s26.postimg.org/howc5d91x/comparison.jpg

I have not changed settings but the EMA settings change for the times.
Even the backtesting feature seem to think that it should have sold at $955.

18150.62% total return in one year according to backtesting - however it's not the reality. Sold me out at $910 this morning.
http://s26.postimg.org/dr92fym8l/18150.jpg
http://s26.postimg.org/6k7dk3bbp/settings.jpg
http://s26.postimg.org/p11sawr9x/thresholds.jpg

Here are the mails I recieved.

7:31 today:
EMA diff is at -0.214% (1 BTC = 910 USD) at btce.

A sell order is imminent!

Your friendly trading bot.

7:46 today:
EMA diff is at -0.354% (1 BTC = 912.711 USD) at btce.

A sell order was triggered!

Your friendly trading bot.

Since my sell thresholds are:
Sell threshold 1: 0.062
Sell threshold 2: 0.095

I belive the bot should have sold at 6:01 at the price of $981.40 since both threshold 1 and 2 had been met at the time:/ Instead it sold me out at $910. Also those emails I get.. I cannot find those EMA differences in the list.. -0.214 and -0.354 is not in the list as you can see.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
You know, with MTGOX recently lowering the fee structure to 0% for four days, you'd think it would be very easy money.

But no matter what settings I try on Butter Bot, I can't seem to be making a positive return...
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
btw, I've just made first profit trade of some 0.1 BTC with this, and even don't wanting to do it, lol.

I use Firefox usually and opened Chrome to check something while BBot was set as trading enabled and since we were already in EMA selling zone it immediately sold 17 of my BTC that wasn't locked in orders on BTC-e. I rebought 6$ lower few minutes later though I could do it for another 10$ lower minutes later so far.

You can create a new user profile in Chrome to prevent that kind of surprise again. So you have a Chrome with the bot installed to it & another without.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
btw, I've just made first profit trade of some 0.1 BTC with this, and even don't wanting to do it, lol.

I use Firefox usually and opened Chrome to check something while BBot was set as trading enabled and since we were already in EMA selling zone it immediately sold 17 of my BTC that wasn't locked in orders on BTC-e. I rebought 6$ lower few minutes later though I could do it for another 10$ lower minutes later so far.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
I have another dumb question...

Am I right to say that this bot is designed to mainly rise our fiat value, not btc one. I've just went through several settings and all three exchanges, run tests and then calculated onmy own and in last month during this rally I would be good in fiat but down in btc in any of tests.

For example, the pic below... if I'd started with 10 000$ and bought at 200.475 I would buy 49.88 BTC. But last trade on the pic would be buy at $42675 AT $938 and I would get only 45.5 BTC.

This is a month test period where we had 400$ (45%) correction so I really don't understand how would I finish with 9% less bitcoins. And I would buy most of the times higher than I would sold in trade earlier.

I want to make more btc with this, not USD, is this something usual or one kind of.

Btw, what does the value column represents?

Activity: 238
I run Linux on my abacus.
Anyone traded LTC/BTC with this?

Not yet. Altcoins aren't implemented thus far, but are planned for a near future release. No word on whether we'll be able to trade BTC/LTC though, so far I think it's planned to trade LTC/Fiat instead.

If the bot could make quick decisions, the triangle BTC-fiat-LTC could easily be profitable on BTC-e.

it is not that smart yet... it only has dual core atom processors... it needs quantum processors to be able to out-smart humans....

Au contraire! It doesn't need to outsmart, it just needs to out-calculate Wink

The bot probably could make the decision which of the 3 pairs to trade way faster than any human. Even small profits are fine if you stack them.
Activity: 462
Free World

Not yet. Altcoins aren't implemented thus far, but are planned for a near future release. No word on whether we'll be able to trade BTC/LTC though, so far I think it's planned to trade LTC/Fiat instead.

If the bot could make quick decisions, the triangle BTC-fiat-LTC could easily be profitable on BTC-e.

it is not that smart yet... it only has dual core atom processors... it needs quantum processors to be able to out-smart humans....

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Activity: 262
in the long term it just keep rising, no discusion there, it as been doing that since 2 years, the single currency crashin is Fiat.

more bitcoins = more dollars

so focus on get bitcoins, dollar is just used as a pattern to give bitcoin numerical worth value, is worthless paper just used because others accept it.
We must asume price will always end up growing to play well this game.
period.

That way lie anguish, grief and tears.

Those who believe in a continuous bubble will get disabused sooner or later.
Activity: 262
you see? the single trades where you really make money are the ones where you buy lower than you bough (get bitcoins)

thats the fail of the bot, on most configurations it just buy higher than it sold at due how EMA triggers buys,
Lets see if with a non greddy selling engine we make it intellent enough

as to win dollars you just needs hold, maket make them for you, but if you want mutiply them you need multiply bitcoins, and to achieve this you need sell high and buy low as may times as possible. We must asume price will always end up growing to play well this game.
period.

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
What's the highest profit value anyone's ever seen in backtesting, and what settings did it?

The highest I've seen was just over 12,000%, from someone who posted a screenshot several pages back.

Are those the settings you're currently ising?
I'd like to copy those settings if you wouldn't mind sharing them. :-)
What's the highest profit value anyone's ever seen in backtesting, and what settings did it?

The highest I've seen was just over 12,000%, from someone who posted a screenshot several pages back.

Are those the settings you're currently ising?
I'd like to copy those settings if you wouldn't mind sharing them. :-)
Pages:
Jump to: