Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 44. (Read 274783 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Who is this jbssm clown???  Go away jbssm.  Most of what you have posted makes ZERO sense..

BTW..  I purchased this Bot in July 2013..  Started with $1200 USD of my own money..

As of today I have made right at $6,000 off my $1200 investment..   I have cashed out 1K, 2K, and 1K and my balance as of today is $3,400.

Nuff Said..

Ahahah. You do realize that the price increased 8x since July, don't you? You should have made 9600$ not 6000$ if you just let the BTC quietly alone. LOL

Not if I pulled out 4K profits in cash..  You seem to have issues with basic math skills..  

Forgive me Obi Wan. So... 1K+2K+1K+3400 is much, much, muchhhh higher than 9600$
How couldn't I see that you where absolutely correct.

P.S. - Please use correct gramar next time. You said: "As of today I have made right at $6,000 off my $1200 investment". So it means that you made 6000$, but seems like you actually made 7400$ (I don't really see how you made this maths but your genius head surely has a way to do it). In any case you are right, your 7400$ are obviously higher than the 9600$ you would have made if you just din't use the bot.

P.P.S: Please let me have the 9600$ - 7400$ next time, since in your head you don't realize that's a number.

I guess you missed the part where I said I started with $1200 of my own money?Huh  Please learn some math skill before posting and proving you have no clue what your talking about..

Methematics 101:
You started on 6000$ and you where at 7400$ 3 minutes later and now you are at... well I don't know what, perhaps you can make the maths to what you said: "I have cashed out 1K, 2K, and 1K and my balance as of today is $3,400." Looks like it's $7400 to a normal person, but I'm sure your genius will say other wise.

Is it 10000$, 20000$, 10000000$?Huh? ... geez and only after 5 minutes since you started with 6000$. You made all this profit in 5 minutes with the bot?
Geez , I concede my defeat, this bot seems to make a huge amount of profit after all, I just need to learn some special way of doing maths like only you know.  Shocked

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Who is this jbssm clown???  Go away jbssm.  Most of what you have posted makes ZERO sense..

BTW..  I purchased this Bot in July 2013..  Started with $1200 USD of my own money..

As of today I have made right at $6,000 off my $1200 investment..   I have cashed out 1K, 2K, and 1K and my balance as of today is $3,400.

Nuff Said..

Ahahah. You do realize that the price increased 8x since July, don't you? You should have made 9600$ not 6000$ if you just let the BTC quietly alone. LOL

Not if I pulled out 4K profits in cash..  You seem to have issues with basic math skills..  

Forgive me Obi Wan. So... 1K+2K+1K+3400 is much, much, muchhhh higher than 9600$

P.S. - Please use correct gramar next time. You said: "As of today I have made right at $6,000 off my $1200 investment". So it means that you made 6000$, but seems like you actually made 7400$ (I don't really see how you made this maths but your genius head surely has a way to do it). In any case you are right, your 7400$ are obviously higher than the 9600$ you would have made if you just din't use the bot.

P.P.S: Please let me have the 9600$ - 7400$ next time, since in your head you don't realize that's a number.

I guess you missed the part where I said I started with $1200 of my own money?Huh  Please learn some math skill before posting and proving you have no clue what your talking about..

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
The bot has bought low/sold high for me enough to quintuple my BTC. I mean, I'd say it works. Not every situation, but it can work.

Nuff Said..

Who is this jbssm clown???  Go away jbssm.  Most of what you have posted makes ZERO sense..

BTW..  I purchased this Bot in July 2013..  Started with $1200 USD of my own money..

As of today I have made right at $6,000 off my $1200 investment..   I have cashed out 1K, 2K, and 1K and my balance as of today is $3,400.

Nuff Said..

Not if I pulled out 4K profits in cash..  You seem to have issues with basic math skills.. 
Who is this jbssm clown???  Go away jbssm.  Most of what you have posted makes ZERO sense..

BTW..  I purchased this Bot in July 2013..  Started with $1200 USD of my own money..

As of today I have made right at $6,000 off my $1200 investment..   I have cashed out 1K, 2K, and 1K and my balance as of today is $3,400.

Nuff Said..

Ahhhhhh  NOW I see what is going on here..  A lot of crying from people that wished they had purchased this Bot back in June or July....  Now I see whats going on..   Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins

Nuff Said..

Nuff Said..

Something I haven't seen people talk about, I think I will remind everyone about: Keep an eye on the Minimum Profit column of backtesting.

Find settings which minimize this, it will keep your BTC in your pocket. Ideal settings give you things lower than half a percent, for example.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Hi folks,

Interesting product. I have been trying it out for the last few days and I'm afraid that I can't say I'm impressed, either by the performance of the bot or some of the arguments on the board.

I would give this a second look if:
-I could configure the profit window to show BTC profit/loss.
-I could filter out the rise of bitcoin as a measure of the bot's success. I want to see how successful this thing is over-and-above a buy-and-hold strategy.
-recommended and configurable settings for high and low volatility markets. It would be great if the bot could self-detect the change in market conditions and adapt.

A bot that loses me BTC while increasing my dollar holdings is only selling off BTC and calling it profit. I could do that without a bot.

Pablo, you have been very active on the boards and I appreciate that. I would be very willing to pay for a bot like this if I could see that it works with a reasonably high likelihood of success in increasing both my BTC and dollar holdings. In that case, I would pay because the thing would be paying for itself.

There may be some arcane set of settings that will achieve this, but to be honest, one reason to have a bot is that it can do it for me. If I have to work that hard, it's probably better that I just go back to staring at the charts.

I'll probably keep playing with this for another few days and then I am planning to post a review on my website. Please contact me if you have any relevant information.

Cheers,

BTCWarrior
I see many things being repeated over and over in this thread. Many of them are suggestions. There's also a lot of the same conjecture from many pages ago, namely "the bot sucks i made a loss" etc.

EMA isn't perfect, but it does work. It's going to need time to get through the trade losses. I honestly don't suggest letting it dabble with mtgox right now. The market is simply too volatile right now, especially mtgox. I shut off my mtgox trader, but have made profit with btce the past few days. Yes, I have made BTC with btce this past weekend.

Some folks don't like it, don't yell at the developers or other people: make one yourself, or simply suggest enhancements to this one. Why all the fuss? Don't trade with what you're not willing to lose.

While many of the recent suggestions for improvement are really great suggestions (some of them myself and others have suggested awhile ago), for the time being folks need to work within the means of the bot. Keep the suggestions flowing.

Activity: 59
well its not a 1-2% extra profit, its going to be MUCH more, and its neither an HFT strategy, is just as easy as check if bitcoin price already droped to an enought % to worth a buy and take profit, instead of just follow the trend back, because doing it, then 90% of time make the bot "sell high - buy higher",
Activity: 238
I run Linux on my abacus.
sorry but no matter what you say, if the bot sells high and buy even higher almost always, then the bot is dumb, its a fact, numbers don't lie.
the profit is misleading based on the marke price rise.

I will gladly take 10% profit over buy and hold over 2 months.

This extra 10% was just a lucky configuration based on past results, we talk about the way bot operates. Market itself will mutiply by 5x, so you dont need to risk into loses using the bot if you just look at this way.

Market does what market does, even if it's crashing to 1/5 of the current size. You can't rely on BTC price increasing all the time. As soon as BTC price starts to tank, buy and hold won't look that hot anymore, no?

let's see if with the proposed changes Pablo can backtest as soon as possisble and we can take a real profit using it when a drop takes place, as i can make better decisions manually.

That I agree with. There definitely are many possible places one could squeeze additional 1-2% profit in daily fluctuations that don't evolve into full trend reversals. As long as the bot can react quickly enough, that HFT aspect could well be worth the while.

However, there must be an option to set a limit to how much fiat/BTC is allowed to be risked in these HFT trades, separately from the current "reserve" setting. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want the bot accidentally wiping the week's profits in one miscalculated HFT cycle.
sorry but no matter what you say, if the bot sells high and buy even higher almost always, then the bot is dumb, its a fact, numbers don't lie.
the profit is misleading based on the marke price rise.

This extra 10% was just a lucky configuration based on past results, we talk about the way bot operates. Market itself will mutiply by 5x, so you dont need to risk into loses using the bot if you just look at this way.

let's see if with the proposed changes Pablo can backtest as soon as possisble and we can take a real profit using it when a drop takes place, as i can make better decisions manually.

587$ to 650$ = 10% win

quite far from the "593.21%" the bot says due the way its calculating the profit (price rises)

Regardless of the strategy, the numbers are real. You started with $100, and ended with $655. The profit for that indeed is 555%. Now, that is "only" 10% better than buy and hold, but show me any other investment that will return 5x profits in 2 months.

For that matter, 10% profit in 2 months is by itself very good, for that translates to 60% profit a year which in stock or forex markets is amazingly high. And that is in addition to whatever profit there is in BTC price rise.
i used a short time frame so it dont take 300 minuts to checkhow many fails there are on 200 trades over 2 years.

i don't expect to have 0 fails, i expect it to try get profit if there was a down trend, and it don't.
if not, then cut loses buying back is what should be done,

its better than buy and hold? well... due the way it trades, responsability relays into how big market drops are.

you start with 100$  at 122,888 = 0.813 BTC
you end up with 0.900 btc

i guess you are right, you won 0.087 btc in two months,

if you buy and hold, at the end of those two month you wil have 0.813 btc to buy at 722.367  = 587,284371$
if you use the bot you have 0.9 btc to buy at 722.367 = 650,1303$

587$ to 650$ = 10% win

now those are real numbers.
quite far from the "593.21%" the bot says due the way its calculating the profit (price rises)

bot should show % win based on how many btcs it won, and not in the price rise of bitcoin, as it return the fake feel that thnks to the bot
you won "593%"

in 12 trades, 10 are loses and 2 are win, thanks to those two wins, bot was able to recovery the loses,
but if there was no nice scenario were price drop enough to get a big enough win that recover the loses, then it would keep eating your bitcoins slowly,

a strategy to win something at each drop is the key to make this bot a real winner and not a wasteful of bitcoins software.

sure you can check the setup i put for the test, is the one that return 13 000% "profit" in one year,

just a test to see how many times the EMA lines triggers a buy to buy cheaper than you sold at:

You still don't understand the idea behind the bot, do you? If it detects it exited at a bad position, it will buy you back with as little loss as possible. Also, the bot isn't affected by emotions, so it will do the right decision even if you couldn't/wouldn't.

Even if the bot makes 8/10 "bad" decisions, the bad decisions are small. The profitable good trades will hopefully cover the losses. Besides, no trading strategy is foolproof. If you had one, you'd already be a billionaire.

12 buy trades in 2 month

10 of them it bough higher than it sold.
no sense strategy.

As some smart guys already notice, bot make you lose your bitcoins slowly

thats a 83% fail ratio of trading.

You don't even let us see what settings you used. Even so, the bot did better than buy and hold, so it wouldn't have "lost" you anything.

100/122,25 = 0.81799 BTC

0.81799 * $696 = $569

Bot's ending balance = $655. How's that a loss, or fail? I agree, the bot could have done better, but you used a short timeframe.

edit: stupid mistake
just a test to see how many times the EMA lines triggers a buy to buy cheaper than you sold at:

-------------------------
12 buy trades in 2 month

10 of them it bough higher than it sold.
no sense strategy.

As some smart guys already notice, bot make you lose your bitcoins slowly

thats a 83% fail ratio of trading.

i am waiting impatiently to see the back testing of the proposed changes

Activity: 209
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
Hey Guys Smiley,
   I think it's important to understand that Butter makes USD in an uptrend and BTC in a downtrend. That’s just the nature of the EMA strategy. We had some discussions on this early on but I think it's worth mentioning again that the thread has grown, I will probably put this in a couple of places of prominence to make it clearer.

Pablo.

Feature request:
1. Option to choice between usd-btc or btc-usd trading
2. negative sell/buy threasholds so its possible to guess for comming up or downtrends ( risky part and not for beginners for sure maybe something like advanced options?)
3. Backtesting with showing BTC value.
4. Longterm and short term trend detection to automaticly adjust settings or semi-automated based on data of last day,last week, last month.

With feature 1 everyone can decide for his self how to trade, more btc or more usd ( as long btc is in uptrend in longrun option 1 makes more btc and usd ).
Pages:
Jump to: