Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 96. (Read 274784 times)

legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
************ Announcement **************

V2.1 has been fully released! FREE UPGRADE to current customers.[/u]

Includes:

* Backtesting of user strategy settings

* Bitstamp integration

* Time offset allows for ticking n minutes before/after the normal tick

* Several minor UI improvements and bug fixes

* Color codes consider user settings instead of the fixed 0.25% values

* Add 2, 6, 12, and 24 hour intervals

* Adapt timespan of graphs to trade interval

* Ability to select a "default" exchange

As you can see, we have been hard at work Smiley. There are a few notes on this release:

Please keep in mind this is a MANDATORY upgrade; we are updating our database and within a week or so bots that have not upgraded will cease to work. This is a free upgrade, but please contact me if this is an issue.

Please disable and re-enable your bot after installation to clear the cache and help it work with the new database.

As your own back testing will show you, current settings are more profitable when used with a 2 hour instead of one hour trade interval, please consider those the new recommended settings.
We look forward to bringing you better features and ever larger profits in the next release, do not hesitate to drop me an email if anybody needs anything.

Pablo.

Butter-Bot: Profit, and much MORE!

Get it at: www.butter-bot.com

legendary
Nope, have not received the update.

Sean,
  Sorry about that, all current subscribers should have gotten it already, although there are often 1 or two that get lost in transit for some reason. Please PM me your email I will resend Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com
Nope, have not received the update.
legendary
Backend & testing seems to be having problems today, any info on this?

Hi Sean,
  We just released V2.1; you should have gotten your copy by email already. During the release, our database hiccuped, please upgrade to the new version and it should all work fine. Please post if you still have issues with the new version. The old version should recover in 15 minutes or so but I encourage everyone to please upgrade.

Pablo.
Backend & testing seems to be having problems today, any info on this?
legendary
Hey Pablo,

I don't want to stress you out... (okay, maybe a little bit^^)

...but, the admin of Crypto-Trade.com just told me, that his API is similar to the one from btc-e and that it won't be much work
to implement it to the bot if you have already implemented btc-e. I'm not sure about that, because I'm not a coder... but he said so.
link: https://crypto-trade.com/api/documentation

I know, crypto-trade is just a small plattform with a relatively low volume, and not many people requested their implementation as an urgent feature for butterbot anyway.
(and you're doing a great job even if you don't want to add crypto-trade in the near future).

But if you have some spare time and are bored of no one requesting new features, maybe you give it a shot.

I would highly appreciate that and I'm sure CT will promote this in any way.

Hey Grinny Smiley,
    I'll forward your request to the dev team. I don't think we can do this in the near future as we have our hands full with the V2.1 releasee this week and then we have to look forward to implementing other major features but I'll see what can be done. I'll keep you in the loop Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 390
Merit: 250
Hey Pablo,

I don't want to stress you out... (okay, maybe a little bit^^)

...but, the admin of Crypto-Trade.com just told me, that his API is similar to the one from btc-e and that it won't be much work
to implement it to the bot if you have already implemented btc-e. I'm not sure about that, because I'm not a coder... but he said so.
link: https://crypto-trade.com/api/documentation

I know, crypto-trade is just a small plattform with a relatively low volume, and not many people requested their implementation as an urgent feature for butterbot anyway.
(and you're doing a great job even if you don't want to add crypto-trade in the near future).

But if you have some spare time and are bored of no one requesting new features, maybe you give it a shot.

I would highly appreciate that and I'm sure CT will promote this in any way.
Pablo, apologies if I am missing the information here (lots of data in this forum), do you have a referral program?

Your product is solid, effective, and most importantly, making me money.  I am telling people about it, so was wondering what my kickback is if they buy...  Wink

Sean,
  Yes, we do have a referral program. In the options page, below the graph, you will see your referral link.

Your reward depends on the number of referrals, if you send 1 or two people our way, you each receive a free month per referral. If you have a website or send more than a couple of people our way, we can work out a commission for you on each sale to compensate for your time. Just PM me if you need more info.

Look forward to working with you!

Pablo.

That's where I had seen it... right in front of me!  We can get blind to what we look at too often.

Thanks!  Smiley
legendary
Pablo, apologies if I am missing the information here (lots of data in this forum), do you have a referral program?

Your product is solid, effective, and most importantly, making me money.  I am telling people about it, so was wondering what my kickback is if they buy...  Wink

Sean,
  Yes, we do have a referral program. In the options page, below the graph, you will see your referral link.

Your reward depends on the number of referrals, if you send 1 or two people our way, you each receive a free month per referral. If you have a website or send more than a couple of people our way, we can work out a commission for you on each sale to compensate for your time. Just PM me if you need more info.

Look forward to working with you!

Pablo.

Hi Pablo,

Thanks again for a great product.  This thread is on page 3 and I think that we should always be on page 1, so my inquiry now regarding an add-on for the Butter Bot will bring us back to page 1.

Would it be possible to add the new time thingee (where we on our own add or subtract minutes from the pre-set times) to the back tester in the upcoming versions of the bot.  The current back test will only do the pre-sets (1hr. 2hr. etc).  It would be great to be able to back test 2hr. 5mins because I noticed that the run-ups occur on the hour and then the price decreases a few minutes after the hour. So a back-test to include the addition/subtraction of the minutes thingee would be awesom.

Thanks again.

Whereas I agree that the time adjustments are going to have some affect on the results of your backtesting, I don't believe the feature would provide any actual benefit; being it is trends we are looking for, and frankly the "runups" are part of the trend.

Another factor involved is the number of bots that buy/sell on the hour.  I don't know how many other bots do this, or how many Butter users there are out there, but I _do_ see the spikes when Butterbots are all buying & selling at exactly the same time.  This phenomenon will lessen or completely go away with v2.1, since we can now all chose when to poll/trade.  This is a major improvement.
legendary
Hi Pablo,

Thanks again for a great product.  This thread is on page 3 and I think that we should always be on page 1, so my inquiry now regarding an add-on for the Butter Bot will bring us back to page 1.

Would it be possible to add the new time thingee (where we on our own add or subtract minutes from the pre-set times) to the back tester in the upcoming versions of the bot.  The current back test will only do the pre-sets (1hr. 2hr. etc).  It would be great to be able to back test 2hr. 5mins because I noticed that the run-ups occur on the hour and then the price decreases a few minutes after the hour. So a back-test to include the addition/subtraction of the minutes thingee would be awesom.

Thanks again.

Pangia,
  Seems like a reasonable request, I'm not sure what the logistics of implementation are, but I will bring it up with the dev team Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Pablo.
Activity: 406
Hi Pablo,

Thanks again.
Thanks for the quick answer. That helped a lot - will switch to 0/0.25 and 2h.
And you already sent me the latest version Smiley

It's legit to speak about buy/sell preferences, isn't it?
In one of your earlier emails for btcbot v1, you mentioned the following setup: buy 0.15 / 0.23 -- sell 0.10 / 0.13 @ 30min frequency
Is this setup still backed by your long term tests as an effective one?
I know, you don't want to be responsible for possible losses, but it would be nice to have some indications about the preferences - especially the frequency.

Can someone explain to me the advantages/disadvantages of a 24h Trade Frequency compared to i.e. a 30min one?
Why do I want to change this? To reduce traffic? Certainly not.
Okay, the buy/sell Thresholds are hit less often with 24h instead of 30min.... but... what does this change for the bot's behavior?

So far, back testing shows 2 hours (included in the 2.1 release) is best with the 0,0.25 thresholds. We included 24h because it was a WIDELY requested feature but I'm not sure about back testing results. You will be able to see this for yourself when we release V2.1 next week Smiley.

Pablo.

Hi Grinny Smiley,
    Those original settings, from back in V1 were designed for shorter term gain. I backed away from those after a short time because we decided that a longer term strategy with higher gains over time would be better, and posted on the thread that I was recommending Gomboo's settings in a negligibly modified form of 0, 0.25/1h.

Back testing with the new engine has shown that the 0, 0.25 thresholds react even better with a 2h time frame which is where our recommendation will be when the V2.1 release is out. All this is documented in the thread.

If you have a minuter, please drop me an email a [email protected] and I will send you a copy of the Beta so you can experiment with back testing yourself Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything.

Pablo.
legendary
In one of your earlier emails for btcbot v1, you mentioned the following setup: buy 0.15 / 0.23 -- sell 0.10 / 0.13 @ 30min frequency
I know, you don't want to be responsible for possible losses, but it would be nice to have some indications about the preferences - especially the frequency.

Can someone explain to me the advantages/disadvantages of a 24h Trade Frequency compared to i.e. a 30min one?
Okay, the buy/sell Thresholds are hit less often with 24h instead of 30min.... but... what does this change for the bot's behavior?

So far, back testing shows 2 hours (included in the 2.1 release) is best with the 0,0.25 thresholds. We included 24h because it was a WIDELY requested feature but I'm not sure about back testing results. You will be able to see this for yourself when we release V2.1 next week Smiley.

Pablo.

Hi Grinny Smiley,
    Those original settings, from back in V1 were designed for shorter term gain. I backed away from those after a short time because we decided that a longer term strategy with higher gains over time would be better, and posted on the thread that I was recommending Gomboo's settings in a negligibly modified form of 0, 0.25/1h.

Back testing with the new engine has shown that the 0, 0.25 thresholds react even better with a 2h time frame which is where our recommendation will be when the V2.1 release is out. All this is documented in the thread.

If you have a minute, please drop me an email a [email protected] and I will send you a copy of the Beta so you can experiment with back testing yourself Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything.

Pablo.

Pablo.
legendary

Pablo.
legendary
Activity: 2413
Merit: 1003
Demo drag and drop didn't work here, nor "load unpacked extension" in Chrome

Hi,
  This is a common misunderstanding:

1. Please enter the following address into your chrome address bar: chrome://extensions/
2. Drag and drop your extension into that page.

You're all set!

Please feel free to post or email me about any issues you may have Smiley.

Pablo.

I had allready managed it.....i had to save the attachment for it to work
legendary
Demo drag and drop didn't work here, nor "load unpacked extension" in Chrome

Hi,
  This is a common misunderstanding:

1. Please enter the following address into your chrome address bar: chrome://extensions/
2. Drag and drop your extension into that page.

You're all set!

Please feel free to post or email me about any issues you may have Smiley.

Pablo.
Pages:
Jump to: