Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 91. (Read 274784 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com
Announcement

Okay, we seem to have tracked the bug with Bitstamp down, the update will be released in 5 minutes.

Please accept our apologies regarding this issue, we just found out about it today; please do not hesitate to let us know if you still have the issue once you have updated the bot and reset it.

Thank you,
   Pablo.

I installed the update, shut down & restarted the system and re-loaded Chrome.  I am still getting the following error:

"Bitstamp: Error while buying BTC: __all__: You need $3.27 to open that order. You have only $3.1 available. Check your account balance for details.. Please contact use about that."

Hi Smiley,
  That happened to me in the beginning as well, you need to disable the bot in the extensions page and reenable it until the error clears (please wait 15 seconds between disabling and enabling) this should take 2-5 tries. Sorry about the complication but there is no simpler way to clear the bots cache. An alternative would be to delete the bot entirely and install the new version fresh.

Extensions Page: chrome://extensions/

Please let me know if you have further issues Smiley.

Pablo.

Thanks Pablo, that worked.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
Announcement

Okay, we seem to have tracked the bug with Bitstamp down, the update will be released in 5 minutes.

Please accept our apologies regarding this issue, we just found out about it today; please do not hesitate to let us know if you still have the issue once you have updated the bot and reset it.

Thank you,
   Pablo.

I installed the update, shut down & restarted the system and re-loaded Chrome.  I am still getting the following error:

"Bitstamp: Error while buying BTC: __all__: You need $3.27 to open that order. You have only $3.1 available. Check your account balance for details.. Please contact use about that."

Hi Smiley,
  That happened to me in the beginning as well, you need to disable the bot in the extensions page and reenable it until the error clears (please wait 15 seconds between disabling and enabling) this should take 2-5 tries. Sorry about the complication but there is no simpler way to clear the bots cache. An alternative would be to delete the bot entirely and install the new version fresh.

Extensions Page: chrome://extensions/

Please let me know if you have further issues Smiley.

Pablo.
Announcement

Thank you,
   Pablo.

Announcement

Thank you,
   Pablo.

You guys are on it, thanks!!

Smiley
legendary
Announcement

Thank you,
   Pablo.
Butter still will not trade on Bitstamp for me Pablo.  Here is the latest error message Butter is giving me:

Bitstamp: Error while buying BTC: __all__: You need $259.75 to open that order. You have only $253.11 available. Check your account balance for details.. Please contact use about that.
legendary
My error :
 Bitstamp: Error while buying BTC: __all__: You need $3.48 to open that order. You have only $2.6 available. Check your account balance for details.. Please contact use about that.

All of my order have been selling when btc is low and buying when it is high. I do not need a detailed example, but can someone tell me how this works?

EMA is a system that works to keep you in when the validated trend reads up, and out when the validated trend reads down.  This assures you of never being "left behind" like other trading systems (RSI), and means that if/when there is a big valid swing (not a spike) you benefit from it.  If BTC went to $200 this week, it would make sure you were in.  If it went to $5 this week, it would make sure you were out.

EMA will make you good returns in a trending market.  But, it will "bleed" some in shallow trends.  The system buys as the trend is going up, but if the trend does not continue, it is forced to sell; often at a small loss.

The recommended settings will minimize hits on false trends, be sure you are using them.

+1
My error :
 Bitstamp: Error while buying BTC: __all__: You need $3.48 to open that order. You have only $2.6 available. Check your account balance for details.. Please contact use about that.

All of my order have been selling when btc is low and buying when it is high. I do not need a detailed example, but can someone tell me how this works?

EMA is a system that works to keep you in when the validated trend reads up, and out when the validated trend reads down.  This assures you of never being "left behind" like other trading systems (RSI), and means that if/when there is a big valid swing (not a spike) you benefit from it.  If BTC went to $200 this week, it would make sure you were in.  If it went to $5 this week, it would make sure you were out.

EMA will make you good returns in a trending market.  But, it will "bleed" some in shallow trends.  The system buys as the trend is going up, but if the trend does not continue, it is forced to sell; often at a small loss.

The recommended settings will minimize hits on false trends, be sure you are using them.

I am using recommended and purchased 6 months of butter.

Congrats, & welcome to the club.  Smiley

You should be "in" on all markets then.  If we have a nice bull run this week you stand to make some money.

If it is a shallow trend, we will bleed a little.. but that is a safety feature, and I am grateful for it... it is just protecting me from losing big chunks.

Cheesy
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
#2985 for 60 GH/S Single
My error :

I am using recommended and purchased 6 months of butter.
My error :

Activity: 110
#2985 for 60 GH/S Single
My error :

Back Testing

Friends,
   We've tracked down the issue with back testing staying on the "please wait" stage. Basically this happens when there have been no trades in the selected time period. We will upgrade the UI in the next version to show this better but it should not interfere with your trading, simply choose a higher time frame to assure there have been trades and you will get proper results Smiley.

Please let me know if anyone needs anything Smiley.

Pablo.

Great find, thanks.  As a tip for users, any "trend testing" using any time period of less then 1 or 2 months is not really a trend, so this should be the minimum time period you are using anyway.
legendary
Back Testing

Friends,
   We've tracked down the issue with back testing staying on the "please wait" stage. Basically this happens when there have been no trades in the selected time period. We will upgrade the UI in the next version to show this better but it should not interfere with your trading, simply choose a higher time frame to assure there have been trades and you will get proper results Smiley.

Please let me know if anyone needs anything Smiley.

Pablo.
You know a feature I think might be nice since all the exchanges work in tandem basically. Yesterday my BTC-e went to a buy signal but Bitstamp never did. And then BTC-E went back to sell today..So basically it was a loser trade. I would like a feature that my bot doesn't make a buy or sell without the other exchanges I'm trading on having the same signal. Does that make sense or do you think it could be helpful or not?

I did a lot of math today on what it would have taken to not take that BTC-e loss.  In the end, I concluded that it was simply a false trend signal from unique activity on that exchange (possibly due to alt activity).  There are going to be false trend signals with EMA...  yep, statistics show 70% of the time.

People a lot smarter then I have tried to come up with "solutions" to help mitigate these, but I have never seen one that appreciably reduces the EMA error rate.

This ain't magic, it is just a mathematical formula that statistically will keep you ahead of the curve in the long run.

Dreary market last couple of days for sure.

Smiley

That's what I was wondering if this was a unique occurrence or something that happened more often. And what you described makes sense and I guess it really won't come up to often. Like you said the market has been basically sideways with little movement. Is their a way a bot can tell the market isn't really moving fast in one direction or another and that maybe it should hold off on a buy or sell as it isn't really a trend? Or that it should do a smaller % of your funds till its sure of the trend and then do the rest. All most like an less aggressive setting? Like you said their have been smart people who explored these scenarios so I doubt it but still would like some ways to minimize the losses and maximize the profits.

The recommended starter settings are pretty conservative.  With the .25 threshold & 2hr poll times, means at least 4hrs of confirmation of a trend before a trade... that is pretty cautious... but false and shallow trends will still occur.  It is just part of the game. 

Smiley
I have 2.08 BTC. If I bought the three month plan and put the rest of my money into bitstamp, could I turn a profit?

Yes.  Maybe not full ROI in that time, but you should see returns on your investment.
legendary
can this run on cryptsy?

Hi Balanghai,
     Not at this time, we are looking into this Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Hi Pablo,
Just wanted to say that I managed to install BBot (the newest version) using 'Developer mode' ('Load unpacked extension'). Works ok, although backtesting takes quite a time (how long does the 1week option takes you guys? I started it 10min ago and it still 'Please wait...' me).
After installing I spotted that the default buy and sell thresholds should be changed, as they're set to buy1:0, buy2:0, sell1:0.25, sell2:0.25. I'm sure that everyone review these setting before starting fun wit your bot though Wink

I just caught that on mine the other day when Pablo took a screen shot of the recommended settings. Before I did that mine was set as you described and I thought it was correct. But I had only ran it for a few days with that setting. Oh about the please wait, I maybe noticed that glitch too, that if it just keps saying says please wait more than a few seconds I just hit it again and it works or I change a setting and hit it.

Hi Smiley,
  The recommended settings are:

Buy 1: 0
Buy 2: 0.25

Sell 1: 0
Sell 2: 0.25

2 Hours

Please let me know if you have any questions Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
On your website, you seem to have grabbed weird stock images from somewhere: https://www.monosnap.com/image/zKZFILlPRGc3thI3UkdUrYYSL
That guy is Dries (http://buytaert.net/), the creator of the Drupal CMS. He doesn't do Bitcoin trading.
I'd remove those images, they look kinda scammy.

Hi RB2K Smiley,
   We got the images from our website designer, we will be looking into this today.

Thank you for bringing it up Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 109
On your website, you seem to have grabbed weird stock images from somewhere: https://www.monosnap.com/image/zKZFILlPRGc3thI3UkdUrYYSL
That guy is Dries (http://buytaert.net/), the creator of the Drupal CMS. He doesn't do Bitcoin trading.
I'd remove those images, they look kinda scammy.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
You know a feature I think might be nice since all the exchanges work in tandem basically. Yesterday my BTC-e went to a buy signal but Bitstamp never did. And then BTC-E went back to sell today..So basically it was a loser trade. I would like a feature that my bot doesn't make a buy or sell without the other exchanges I'm trading on having the same signal. Does that make sense or do you think it could be helpful or not?

I did a lot of math today on what it would have taken to not take that BTC-e loss.  In the end, I concluded that it was simply a false trend signal from unique activity on that exchange (possibly due to alt activity).  There are going to be false trend signals with EMA...  yep, statistics show 70% of the time.

People a lot smarter then I have tried to come up with "solutions" to help mitigate these, but I have never seen one that appreciably reduces the EMA error rate.

This ain't magic, it is just a mathematical formula that statistically will keep you ahead of the curve in the long run.

Dreary market last couple of days for sure.

Smiley

That's what I was wondering if this was a unique occurrence or something that happened more often. And what you described makes sense and I guess it really won't come up to often. Like you said the market has been basically sideways with little movement. Is their a way a bot can tell the market isn't really moving fast in one direction or another and that maybe it should hold off on a buy or sell as it isn't really a trend? Or that it should do a smaller % of your funds till its sure of the trend and then do the rest. All most like an less aggressive setting? Like you said their have been smart people who explored these scenarios so I doubt it but still would like some ways to minimize the losses and maximize the profits.
Pages:
Jump to: