Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 95. (Read 274784 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com
Question about observed behavior...

Today when Butter triggered a buy at BitStamp, $90 was left in the account.  I have never seen butter leave money behind like that before... any idea what would cause this?

No reserves are set.  Certainly not a big deal, just wondering why...

Smiley

Hi Sean Smiley,
  No, that's not normal behavior We are tracking this down and I will let you know how it develops.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Pablo.

UPDATE

After failing to trade completely on Bitstamp yesterday, Butter did not trade at all on a sell signal last night.
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

Today when Butter triggered a buy at BitStamp, $90 was left in the account.  I have never seen butter leave money behind like that before... any idea what would cause this?

Smiley

Hi Sean Smiley,
  No, that's not normal behavior We are tracking this down and I will let you know how it develops.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Pablo.

Smiley
legendary
I was wondering if you ever thought of Firefox support. I have always used Firefox and would prefer to use that browser instead of chrome. I don't trust Google Smiley

Hey Jimmut Smiley,
   We are thinking about a standalone version at some point in the long term, no plans to expand outside of Chrome in the short term as we are prioritizing features right now. It is an interesting idea though, to expand platforms, food for thought Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I was wondering if you ever thought of Firefox support. I have always used Firefox and would prefer to use that browser instead of chrome. I don't trust Google Smiley
legendary
Oh okay. Well i just put in all the settings and stuff for gox. And did the test run with ur recommended settings 0,0.25 which seem to be the best over long run.

Well, its not placing any orders. Does the bot take time to start placing orders? And do i have to leave the browser open at all times when i want it to keep trading?

Hi Smiley,
  The bot trades on trends and market changes so it is normal not to see an immediate trade, you may not see one for a day or so depending on where the market is at (on volatile days you may see more). The bot right now is holding a "sell" command so you will be holding fiat. Please keep in mind that less trades are actually better as it means the bot has identified a real trend and that the trend is happening.

You do need to keep the bot running on Chrome for it to work. We are discussing a hosted version, if this is something that you would prefer, please post about it on the forum so that we may garner feedback on this Smiley.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything.

Pablo.

Thanks for a detailed answer.

I like the bot so far, i would like it more if i actually see a profitable trade happen in during my trial period so i can buy the bot with confidence.

The hosted version that you speak of, how is that different from what we have already? If the bot is able to trade with the browser closed, then why use a hosted version? I don't understand the difference.

Sorry, I was unclear,
    You need to have the browser open and your computer on to allow the bot to trade; that is the main criteria.

I'm not sure how many trades you will see in the next 3 days as the market is trending, but if you need some extra time, please let me know. The trial is intended to let you familiarize yourself with the tools the bot offers, profit, as back testing will show you, will usuall take a period of time to accumulate because it takes several trades to get rid of mean deviators and let the math do it's job; think "The Law of Large Numbers," and you have a pretty good idea what I'm talking about Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 435
Merit: 250
Oh okay. Well i just put in all the settings and stuff for gox. And did the test run with ur recommended settings 0,0.25 which seem to be the best over long run.

Well, its not placing any orders. Does the bot take time to start placing orders? And do i have to leave the browser open at all times when i want it to keep trading?

Hi Smiley,
  The bot trades on trends and market changes so it is normal not to see an immediate trade, you may not see one for a day or so depending on where the market is at (on volatile days you may see more). The bot right now is holding a "sell" command so you will be holding fiat. Please keep in mind that less trades are actually better as it means the bot has identified a real trend and that the trend is happening.

You do need to keep the bot running on Chrome for it to work. We are discussing a hosted version, if this is something that you would prefer, please post about it on the forum so that we may garner feedback on this Smiley.

Pablo.

Thanks for a detailed answer.

I like the bot so far, i would like it more if i actually see a profitable trade happen in during my trial period so i can buy the bot with confidence.

The hosted version that you speak of, how is that different from what we have already? If the bot is able to trade with the browser closed, then why use a hosted version? I don't understand the difference.
legendary

Hi Smiley,

Pablo.

Response from a fellow trader, not tech... but yes, you have to leave Chrome running as Butter is an extension of Chrome.

Let the bot run-in for an hour.  It will only trade on the interval that you have set, and will be all-in or all-out.  Currently, GOX is @ -.48, so any BTC you give Butter it should sell in the next hour unless the EMA closes up a lot.

Welcome to the club.

Smiley

legendary
I just installed the trial version of the bot.

What is the limitations on the trial version?

Hi Smiley,
  EDIT: The limitation is that the trial runs for 3 days, that's it Smiley.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Pablo.
I just installed the trial version of the bot.

What is the limitations on the trial version?
legendary
To: Butter, Pablo & company

Re: OMG thank you!

I am not sure what the etiquette is in the forum when talking about returns, but... OMG.

This bot paid for itself within a few days (your mileage will vary with the market of course).

I have tried a number of the free bots, and two other commercial (ish) bots and nothing is as simple and _effective_ as this one.  The ability to test formulas against historical data is a devastating market weapon.  With what I was able to learn using this tool I can't stop grinning like an idiot after this recent volatility... Butter da MAN!

Cheesy

Sean,
   I'm so glad to hear! Your note is the reason we are in this business, we want our customers to profit and have fun while they are at it Smiley!

Please let me know if you need anything.

Pablo.
legendary
Hi Pablo,
Unfortunately it's like you said...
It looks then that I'm the only one with this issue Sad Maybe reinstalling chrome will do the job. I may try later.

Bendy

Gentle,
  If that doesn't work, please email me and I will go ahead and help you personally Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 16
Hi Pablo,
Unfortunately it's like you said...
It looks then that I'm the only one with this issue Sad Maybe reinstalling chrome will do the job. I may try later.

Bendy
Activity: 305
Made my money back from this recent dip! Bot sold pretty well instantly.

Profit for the next 11 months... assuming my capital doesn't go down the drain.
To: Butter, Pablo & company

Re: OMG thank you!

I am not sure what the etiquette is in the forum when talking about returns, but... OMG.

This bot paid for itself within a few days (your mileage will vary with the market of course).

I have tried a number of the free bots, and two other commercial (ish) bots and nothing is as simple and _effective_ as this one.  The ability to test formulas against historical data is a devastating market weapon.  With what I was able to learn using this tool I can't stop grinning like an idiot after this recent volatility... Butter da MAN!

Cheesy
legendary
Hi Am I the only one having problems installing the new version  Huh
'Apps, extensions and user scripts cannot be added from this website' message shows every time I'm dragging .crx file onto extensions tab. I use updated Chrome (29.0.1547.66 m) on Win XP and didn't have this problem with previous versions.

Bendit

Hi Bendit Smiley
     Just to double check:

1. You entered this address into the Chrome address bar: chrome://extensions/
2. You dropped the extension into the page there
3. It did not install.

Is that correct?

Pablo.
Activity: 16
Hi Am I the only one having problems installing the new version  Huh
'Apps, extensions and user scripts cannot be added from this website' message shows every time I'm dragging .crx file onto extensions tab. I use updated Chrome (29.0.1547.66 m) on Win XP and didn't have this problem with previous versions.

Bendit
Activity: 259
I like the new version  Grin quite sleek  Cool 

good job

Pages:
Jump to: