Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 94. (Read 274784 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Hi Chanberg Smiley,
    We suggest starting out with 250-300 USD and adding to that incrementally as you get a feel for the bot. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.

Thanks Pablo, appreciate the advice... Hope it goes well...

Oh yeah is it possible to extend my trial to a full week? Because its only been a day, and I feel like it needs more time for the bot to actually work. I am committed to actually paying for the bot once I see how it operates in a weeks time. Just want to be sure in a sense.

Let me know
thanks

Danny

Danny,
    Feel free to download another demo Smiley.

Pablo.

haha, thanks
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

Hi Chanberg Smiley,
    We suggest starting out with 250-300 USD and adding to that incrementally as you get a feel for the bot. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.

Oh yeah is it possible to extend my trial to a full week? Because its only been a day, and I feel like it needs more time for the bot to actually work. I am committed to actually paying for the bot once I see how it operates in a weeks time. Just want to be sure in a sense.

Let me know
thanks

Danny

Danny,
    Feel free to download another demo Smiley.

Pablo.

Hi Chanberg Smiley,

Pablo.

Let me know
thanks

Danny

legendary
Request for Feedback

Friends,
    We have gotten many private requests for different products; the most common one has been an Arbitrage Bot.

We would like to start a discussion on what features interested customers would like to see in such a system. We believe we could first start development of an Arbitrage Alert System, a bot that alerts the user to Arbitrage opportunities between different exchanges, and then grow the system as we have done with Butter-Bot.

So we need your feedback on what you think such a system should look like and what tools would make it useful to you.

Please keep in mind that alternative trading strategies, like high frequency trading, etc. are part of Butter-Bot development; right now we need feedback on what we hope can be an entirely new bot with it's own unique tools and features.

We look forward to your thoughts and ideas; please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
just signed up for the free trial, and I am wondering how much BTC I should have to start out with... Enough to buy or sell BTC I am guessing? or is there a minimum I need... like 1 BTC?

Dont want to deposit 2 BTC's only to lose everything cause of a glitch haha

Hi Chanberg Smiley,

Pablo.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com
Yes, it does.  That is the very nature of EMA.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
just signed up for the free trial, and I am wondering how much BTC I should have to start out with... Enough to buy or sell BTC I am guessing? or is there a minimum I need... like 1 BTC?

In my opinion, your money is safer in Butter's care then it is if you are trading manually.  EMA is one of the safest ways to trade.

That said, no trading should be done with money you cannot afford to lose.  If you can afford it, 1BTC is a nice starter, and an easy way to see how trading affects it.

would the bot be able to control losses to make sure not too much is lost?

In my opinion, your money is safer in Butter's care then it is if you are trading manually.  EMA is one of the safest ways to trade.

That said, no trading should be done with money you cannot afford to lose.  If you can afford it, 1BTC is a nice starter, and an easy way to see how trading affects it.

legendary
That's what the problem is. I get a little hazard symbol that says "API: Connected.  BTC-e: Disconnected"  

What setting am I missing?

Generally it's one of two things, your API key is entered incorrectly, or you did not grant the API key "Trade" and "Get Info" rights.

Please see the Butter-Bot manual: File "Butter-Bot-Manual-Release.pdf"

Please let me know if this doesn't work Smiley.

Pablo.

It was the API key.  Apparently I fail at copy and paste Undecided                       

Smiley.
Activity: 686
Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.
That's what the problem is. I get a little hazard symbol that says "API: Connected.  BTC-e: Disconnected"  

Generally it's one of two things, your API key is entered incorrectly, or you did not grant the API key "Trade" and "Get Info" rights.

Pablo.

It was the API key.  Apparently I fail at copy and paste Undecided                       
legendary

Pablo.
legendary
I just want to make sure I have butter bot setup correctly.  Its been running at the recommend settings on btc-e for the past 18 hours.  It still hasn't traded.  Is that correct?

(I also +1 for adding LTC support Smiley )

Hi,
  Yep, Sean is right; the bot has been holding a "sell" command for the past 3 days or so since the market is in a downturn.

Please let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.

I just start butter bot last night, but it never sold the coins in my btc-e account.  Is that because I started running it in the middle of the sell command and not at the beginning?

It depends on whether there was a new trade signal.

The best way to see if your bot is working properly is to observe the "Checkmark" in your bot interface menu:

Please let me know if you have any questions Smiley.
I just want to make sure I have butter bot setup correctly.  Its been running at the recommend settings on btc-e for the past 18 hours.  It still hasn't traded.  Is that correct?

Hi,
  Yep, Sean is right; the bot has been holding a "sell" command for the past 3 days or so since the market is in a downturn.

Pablo.

I just started butter bot last night, but it never sold the coins in my btc-e account.  Is that because I started running it in the middle of the sell command and not at the beginning?
legendary
I just want to make sure I have butter bot setup correctly.  Its been running at the recommend settings on btc-e for the past 18 hours.  It still hasn't traded.  Is that correct?

Hi,

Pablo.
Ye

Yep, market is going doooooown, Butter should have you all out right now.

Smiley

legendary
I'm testing Butter Bot trial right now with BTC-e, so far so good. I have very high hopes for this Bot. Quick Question, do you have any thoughts of making this Bot work with Cryptsy, I would be totally sold if I could use it to trade Alt currencies.

Hi Bitezze Smiley,
   We have plans to let the bot trade with alt currencies on BTC-E with the next full release. We have been getting an increasing number of questions about Cryptsy; we will look into this in greater detail and see what we can do about it, it looks very interesting.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions about this Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
I'm testing Butter Bot trial right now with BTC-e, so far so good. I have very high hopes for this Bot. Quick Question, do you have any thoughts of making this Bot work with Cryptsy, I would be totally sold if I could use it to trade Alt currencies.
legendary
Question about observed behavior...

Today when Butter triggered a buy at BitStamp, $90 was left in the account.  I have never seen butter leave money behind like that before... any idea what would cause this?

No reserves are set.  Certainly not a big deal, just wondering why...

Smiley

Hi Sean Smiley,
  No, that's not normal behavior We are tracking this down and I will let you know how it develops.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Pablo.

UPDATE

After failing to trade completely on Bitstamp yesterday, Butter did not trade at all on a sell signal last night.

Hi,
  Please do the following:

1. Go into the "manage extensions" page.
2. Enable "developer" mode by checking the "developer" box in the upper tool bar.
3. Go to the extension and click on the "generated_background_page.html" link.
4. When the new window opens, choose the "console tab"
5. Copy and paste the info there to pastebin.com as close to the time of your issue as possible and send it to me at [email protected].

This will help me resolve your issue much more quickly Smiley.

Pablo.
Pages:
Jump to: