Pages:
Author

Topic: [Closed - Group Buy]Gridseed USB ASIC sha/scrypt miner 0.35 [USA Only] - page 9. (Read 17511 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Mining for the hell of it.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I am in for one. Sending payment now.
Okay I am on beastly mac's page to get one  and  I want the one from him. I paid him the coins already.

But if you need me to order 1 from you, I will just so you get to 10 faster. I could push to two if you need the btc.
If you don't need it let me know via PM.

I am in the Superbowl state of New Jersey.  I have coins ready to send.

Pm sent.

Now for those that are talking about the control module. If you have a windows computer then you don't need a controler.
They come with a usb cable and power cable.
I am finding out right now exactly what they need to be powered.

Here is a unboxing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkrFASloaOU
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
Is the .405BTC just for the mining units?  Or do we also get things like the controller, PSU, all needed cables, USB hub, etc?

dude all you need is a USB cable if they don't already include it.

I don't believe that to be the case...these units draw a significant amount of power...please review the last few pages of the litecointalk thread (https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=13314.0).  The user TheMage, did a review of these devices.  He needed to splice wires in order to get this connected to his PSU. I don't have a spare PSU, and I'd like to use the "controller" this is supposed to come with to help cut down over all power usage.

Thus, it seems theres a "controller" module which can manage up to 20 of these devices...it would be nice to know if this is included in the price or not...

Additionally, I don't have a 10 port powered USB hub laying around...so if it's not part of this purchase price, I'd like to know so I can buy one and how much it costs in addition to the .405BTC/device...

So if this offer includes all the extra bits and pieces to get 10 of these up and running, then its still pricey but much better than having to shell out even more $ to buy all the ancillary parts.

within first three lines

2.5w@usb vbus

wouldn't make much sense to have a psu for 2.5w

I don't believe that's accurate...all the threads covering this exact product seem to indicate power consumption at much higher values...go read asiabtc's thread here (https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=13314.0).  All these group buys are selling the same devices...and the "lowest" power operation for this would be to run only in scrypt mode at 8 watts and 60 watts for "dual" mode...So yes, you do need some kind of power supply...hence the reason TheMage (in that same thread) had to splice wires and connect it to his computer's PSU.

I see what you are talking about. Definitely not a stand alone item.
Activity: 376
Merit: 250
Is the .405BTC just for the mining units?  Or do we also get things like the controller, PSU, all needed cables, USB hub, etc?

I don't believe that to be the case...these units draw a significant amount of power...please review the last few pages of the litecointalk thread (https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=13314.0).  The user TheMage, did a review of these devices.  He needed to splice wires in order to get this connected to his PSU. I don't have a spare PSU, and I'd like to use the "controller" this is supposed to come with to help cut down over all power usage.

Thus, it seems theres a "controller" module which can manage up to 20 of these devices...it would be nice to know if this is included in the price or not...

Additionally, I don't have a 10 port powered USB hub laying around...so if it's not part of this purchase price, I'd like to know so I can buy one and how much it costs in addition to the .405BTC/device...

So if this offer includes all the extra bits and pieces to get 10 of these up and running, then its still pricey but much better than having to shell out even more $ to buy all the ancillary parts.

within first three lines

2.5w@usb vbus

I don't believe that's accurate...all the threads covering this exact product seem to indicate power consumption at much higher values...go read asiabtc's thread here (https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=13314.0).  All these group buys are selling the same devices...and the "lowest" power operation for this would be to run only in scrypt mode at 8 watts and 60 watts for "dual" mode...So yes, you do need some kind of power supply...hence the reason TheMage (in that same thread) had to splice wires and connect it to his computer's PSU.
Activity: 454
Merit: 300
Please reserve me 1 I will send the payment in about 1 hour just waiting for the coins to confirm into the account I will pay you form.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
Okay I am on beastly mac's page to get one  and  I want the one from him. I paid him the coins already.

But if you need me to order 1 from you, I will just so you get to 10 faster. I could push to two if you need the btc.
If you don't need it let me know via PM.

I am in the Superbowl state of New Jersey.  I have coins ready to send.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Tagging Post, I'm interested
Activity: 434
Merit: 105

within first three lines

2.5w@usb vbus

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126

Activity: 20
I'm up for 1 of these. Submitting payment shortly.
Activity: 378
Each GridChip does about 70kh/s so a unit with 5 chips should do 70kh/S * 5 = about 350kh/s
To be clear: this is a 5-chip unit, so it will hash scrypt at 5 x 300KH/s, right ?
That is correct.

Is it? 5x300Kh/s is 1500Kh/s.

total output 300kh
legendary
Activity: 3584
Merit: 1560
To be clear: this is a 5-chip unit, so it will hash scrypt at 5 x 300KH/s, right ?
That is correct.

Is it? 5x300Kh/s is 1500Kh/s.
That is correct.
Activity: 13

Each chip hashes at ~70 KH/s so this 5-chip unit hashes at ~300-350 KH/s.

If you look at the single chip USB, that's the speed listed and reported by the testers.
Activity: 822
Merit: 1002
Reserved/order list.

*If go over the 10 more will be ordered. So 10 is not the limit*
Please pay at time of reservation.

Batch 1
Public Address: 1Hu79vyZ3dqJTpHSVVpyHQdTYf6YYQCdtC
11/10

krodmandoon - 1 - Paid
wpt1wpt1 - 1 - Paid
jtkanpp2 - 1 - Paid