Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] MtRed (PPS, LP+, API, 0 FEE) STRATUM on mine.mtred.com:3333 - page 19. (Read 176141 times)

Activity: 446
Merit: 250
Stratum test on pa.mtred.com:3333

From what i've seen its looking very performant, give it a test and let me know.
Excellent I'll give it a go and see if it has nailed the high reject problem. Next stop, vardiff!

Is there a method of setting the difficulty or stratum at diff 1 is all there is?
It all has to be implemented on the pool side, be it higher difficulty or variable difficulty, so it's up to redditorrex.

As a followup, the stale rate is markedly lower than it used to be, which is great news since that was the main thing keeping me from mining here. Many stratum disconnects would also be a new problem since shares are lost on each disconnect, but so far there have been no disconnects.

What do disconnects look like in the log? I don't think I've ever seen "Stratum disconnect". So just curious.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/

From what i've seen its looking very performant, give it a test and let me know.
Excellent I'll give it a go and see if it has nailed the high reject problem. Next stop, vardiff!

Is there a method of setting the difficulty or stratum at diff 1 is all there is?
It all has to be implemented on the pool side, be it higher difficulty or variable difficulty, so it's up to redditorrex.

As a followup, the stale rate is markedly lower than it used to be, which is great news since that was the main thing keeping me from mining here. Many stratum disconnects would also be a new problem since shares are lost on each disconnect, but so far there have been no disconnects.

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Looking good so far  Smiley
Activity: 591

Woot! It's running pretty great for me. Looks like it's not updating my stats on the site yet though. Never mind, it's working now. Cheesy
Activity: 280
Nom Nom Nom

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Don't dwell in the past, don't dream of the future
They need to change the title to this thread, take out the merged mining part. Does anyone get NMC from this? I'm not.

As for reliability, every just SET UP A BACKUP POOL. It seems like most pools tend to go down at some point.
pa.mtred.com was available just fine during the outtage. I did not lose connectivity to the mtred pool. You just need to make sure your backups are set up correctly Wink
Had no idea, thanks. I am using only Beta though...the other two (Main/PA) are giving me too many rejects.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
pa.mtred.com was available just fine during the outtage. I did not lose connectivity to the mtred pool. You just need to make sure your backups are set up correctly Wink
I do not mind about pool being down sometimes, I have backup pools for that.
For a single_pool rig MtRed would be terrible, but for a rig with backup pools is just fine.
I noticed one weird thing.
Sometimes the pool goes down for hours and when is again up (although I see other users connected) I cannot connect my workers again no matter what I do.
However, if i delete my workers and create them back (using the very same name and password) the pool promptly accepts me back.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Originally posted in Newbies.......

I've been using MT.Red for the last 3 days OK, then all I am getting today is :-

2013-01-24 00:51:49: Listener for "MT.RED": mine.mtred.com:8337 24/01/2013 00:51:49, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 0 2
2013-01-24 00:51:50: Listener for "MT.RED": mine.mtred.com:8337 24/01/2013 00:51:50, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 1 2
2013-01-24 00:51:52: Listener for "MT.RED": mine.mtred.com:8337 24/01/2013 00:51:52, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 2 2
2013-01-24 00:51:53: Listener for "MT.RED": mine.mtred.com:8337 24/01/2013 00:51:53, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 3 2

Then I failover to my backup pool.

Anyone know whats up with MT.Red ?

Their own forums last post was 17 days ago !
Activity: 756
Can't mine anymore, Mt.Red down? what's going on?

yeah I'm done with Red; when I mine all night with RPC and I login it doesn't have any rewards for last 24hours
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Can't mine anymore, Mt.Red down? what's going on?
legendary
Just updated my picture of PA. Still 3.6% rejects. Switching back to beta. BTW my miners on beta pool have had rejects jump up from 0.8% to 1.2%. I restarted one miner in hopes of getting 0.8% or lower back, but here is a picture of beta pool for the last 12 days @ 3ghash from a different miner.

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Hows it looking for Stratum support? That should solve the issues I have so i can mine here again.

Same here. I love Mtred but wasn't here for 3 months just because of high stales  Undecided
Hows it looking for Stratum support? That should solve the issues I have so i can mine here again.
legendary
New PA Server: 199.101.100.218

Getting high stales on PA serve. I switched to it to test it. Been about 15 hours. 3.6%

Activity: 280
Nom Nom Nom
New PA Server: 199.101.100.218
Pages:
Jump to: