Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] MtRed (PPS, LP+, API, 0 FEE) STRATUM on mine.mtred.com:3333 - page 23. (Read 176141 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Nom Nom Nom
I'm tethering from my phone here, just credited the orphan.  New (and old feature ie mm) engineering will begin again soon. Been busy, moving around, new jobs, yadda yadda yadda. 
Big Plans - Much love
RR
Activity: 378
I've been mining and donating and happy with mtred for quite a while, and I know there is only limited time to dedicate to this pool. However I'd like to ask if there are plans to modernise it in light of likely upcoming changes to the bitcoin mining scene at large? Specifically if stratum support and higher difficulty shares would be considered, as the current hardware seems to struggle under the existing load and with a huge boost in hashrate it cannot be reasonably expected to survive. These 2 changes would likely make it survive 10x the hashrate without any change to the hardware.
The silence suggests mtred may go the way of arsbitcoin...  Cry

I miss Ars...  Help us BurningToad-Kenobi...you're our only hope.
Activity: 470
Is merged mining not working?

Nope, not for 109 days.  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000
My money; Our Bitcoin.
Thought I would try this pool out.

I've got numbers showing up in the dashboard for Bitcoin but all zeros for Namecoin. Is merged mining not working?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
I've been mining and donating and happy with mtred for quite a while, and I know there is only limited time to dedicate to this pool. However I'd like to ask if there are plans to modernise it in light of likely upcoming changes to the bitcoin mining scene at large? Specifically if stratum support and higher difficulty shares would be considered, as the current hardware seems to struggle under the existing load and with a huge boost in hashrate it cannot be reasonably expected to survive. These 2 changes would likely make it survive 10x the hashrate without any change to the hardware.
The silence suggests mtred may go the way of arsbitcoin...  Cry
Activity: 385
this pool block gpumax users? i got a few miners offline , the console show me this

2012-10-10 00:06:06: Listener for "test1": MSG: upstream error upstream EUNHEALTHY
2012-10-10 00:06:06: Listener for "test1": [10/10/2012 00:06:06] Failed to connect, retrying...

every other pool works good but mtred show me this , and this is from a few days ago , since the last downtime of the pool. any ideas?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Is there much difficulty when adding stratum support to a pool?

I like the changes in the newest cgminer for native Stratum support Smiley

At this stage, likely the mtred pool software does not has native support for it, nor is there any code to draw it from, so it would need to actually be written (slush and btcguild use different pool software).

Thanks Smiley I like the principle behind stratum, and although it's been a lot of work, and probably still a bit rough around the edges, I can only see it as positive going forward for pooled mining.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

I second that emotion.  Stratum has spoiled me and there's no going backwards to olde-timey getworks.

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
Is there much difficulty when adding stratum support to a pool?

I like the changes in the newest cgminer for native Stratum support Smiley

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
I've decided to myself that this pool is too good to be true.

Free PPS pool? Sorry, not possible. Moving on.

It is supported by donations instead of fees. The uptime isn't perfect, but it is zero fee.
Yeah it's Thanksgiving today in Canada so I would assume it will be back up tomorrow.
Activity: 336
Site's totally down for me right now, has been all day by the look of things  Undecided
HAHAHAHA.... Whoops Cheesy I half did that on purpose ....
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
^ likes it rough with 9 large men at once Smiley  

^ likes to post in the wrong thread.
^ likes it rough with 9 large men at once Smiley  Also, Shut up and watch Obama Dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFJUz1DO20Q&feature=plcp

Anyway...... It's true... They ask for a donation of 2%....... but it's not required...

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I've decided to myself that this pool is too good to be true.

Free PPS pool? Sorry, not possible. Moving on.
Yeah it's down.... Hopefully it comes back soon....

Damn site is down.. I need those coins Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000
Both mtred.com and pa.mtred.com off-line here   Sad

Here too. Any news?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Both mtred.com and pa.mtred.com off-line here   Sad
Pages:
Jump to: