Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] MtRed (PPS, LP+, API, 0 FEE) STRATUM on mine.mtred.com:3333 - page 21. (Read 176141 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Why is it so damn hot in here?
We have been acting wonky since Sandy, the main server in New Jersey hash been seeing strange patterns of packet loss. I have provisioned some new servers in Georgia.  PA.mtred is looking good, and I hope to have a stratum server up soon.

Holy crap!  Your alive!  Had me worried.
Activity: 280
Nom Nom Nom
We have been acting wonky since Sandy, the main server in New Jersey hash been seeing strange patterns of packet loss. I have provisioned some new servers in Georgia.  PA.mtred is looking good, and I hope to have a stratum server up soon.
Mt Red acting wonky for anyone else, or is it just me?
Activity: 547
Merit: 531
First bits: 12good
This is weird.  I just tried MtRed again and I'm getting the same problems.  Not only does the web site frequently time out but the mining address times out as well.

No one else is experiencing this?

With the latest cgminer I have similar problems, but on the other rig with cgminer 2.4.3 it is working just fine. Maybe the problem is with the implemented Stratum protocol or something else. You can give it a try Wink

Edit: both machines are on the same network.
I'm pointing my miners to Mtred.com and using another PPS pool as my backup pool.  I just checked and in the past two months my backup pool has accepted a whopping 16 shares, so I don't think I'd consider Mtred as being unstable/going down an awful lot Smiley
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
Exactly ^ ......

If I wanted to pay 5% of my earnings I would go with BTCguild which I use as a backup pool.

The stats I meant are my shares counted...... I have noticed the actual site (portal) goes down on a regular basis.... miners seem fine! Once and a while they kick off..
Hmm, I don't see a whole lot of bitching going on here.  This is probably one of the few threads that I'm watching that doesn't have new posts constantly.  I think most people understand you get what you pay for and aren't complaining.
Why are you guys still messing with MtRed?  It's horribly unreliable, the web site and mining portal go down constantly.
By the time OP gets the site running reliably mining won't even be profitable any more.

What you talkin' about willis?

Stats add up... That's all that matters... If the site only works once per week, so be it.... I guess I like the colors Smiley

Yeah, who the cares about a portal?  I don't sit around all day watching my BTC count in a portal go up by .0000001 every few minutes.  I could care less as long as the PPS rates stay high and the payouts come as expected (which they have been).  I mine to make BTC, not to look at pretty colored charts.  I honestly don't think I've even gone to the portal in a few weeks.

By "portal" I meant the actual mining URL.  Actual mining, not just the web site, were very unreliable during my trial period after which I gave up.

Regarding "stats add up" which stats are you referring to?

They continue to use it because they can set their donation to 0% and get 100% PPS, and then come to the forums and bitch when a service they don't pay for has a problem.
Why are you guys still messing with MtRed?  It's horribly unreliable, the web site and mining portal go down constantly.
By the time OP gets the site running reliably mining won't even be profitable any more.

Stats add up... That's all that matters... If the site only works once per week, so be it.... I guess I like the colors Smiley

Yeah, who the cares about a portal?  I don't sit around all day watching my BTC count in a portal go up by .0000001 every few minutes.  I could care less as long as the PPS rates stay high and the payouts come as expected (which they have been).  I mine to make BTC, not to look at pretty colored charts.  I honestly don't think I've even gone to the portal in a few weeks.
Why are you guys still messing with MtRed?  It's horribly unreliable, the web site and mining portal go down constantly.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

those transactions picked up by another block?

why orphaned

mt. red down
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Haven't really noticed any major problems.  Just make sure you have a backup pool or two setup just in case.

Yup. Definitely in the habit of having a backup pool with mtred. Wink
Haven't really noticed any major problems.  Just make sure you have a backup pool or two setup just in case.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
So has MTRED been pretty stable lately? Coming back to mining btc after some alt coin experimentation.
Oh i c .... I have never noticed that before on any of my earnings ...

I just looked.. I have 27906 shares on that orphaned block..... doesn't seem to be confirming any.....

edit: I just noticed the block has been credited.
Activity: 466
Or it was credited late. ?
Pages:
Jump to: