Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] MtRed (PPS, LP+, API, 0 FEE) STRATUM on mine.mtred.com:3333 - page 20. (Read 176141 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Nom Nom Nom
The ISP of pa.mtred.com is telling me (and i'm seeing it as well) that they are experience some datacenter problems and want to migrate us to an Atlanta DC. I will be working with them to get us migrated asap.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Nice! Can't wait, RR!
Nom Nom Nom
Startum proxy will come up soon, and hopefully MM after that. I getting ready for a big push of code. New web server is mostly up and running, we will switch web first. Mining will remain on main for a few week after, but will be migrated to new servers as well.

I wanted this out on new years, but you know how crazy holidays can get.  Sometime early in 2013 will switch. And stratum, followed my mm.

-RR
Activity: 446
I've been mining and donating and happy with mtred for quite a while, and I know there is only limited time to dedicate to this pool. However I'd like to ask if there are plans to modernise it in light of likely upcoming changes to the bitcoin mining scene at large? Specifically if stratum support and higher difficulty shares would be considered, as the current hardware seems to struggle under the existing load and with a huge boost in hashrate it cannot be reasonably expected to survive. These 2 changes would likely make it survive 10x the hashrate without any change to the hardware.
Bump? Suggest stratum + share rate of up to 24/min. Would be nice to mine here once again, but at 50 times the reject rate of a modernised pool, I'm finding it hard to justify. (2% stales on mtred versus .04% on ozcoin)

I'd like to second this request. I'd really like to mine here again too.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
I've been mining and donating and happy with mtred for quite a while, and I know there is only limited time to dedicate to this pool. However I'd like to ask if there are plans to modernise it in light of likely upcoming changes to the bitcoin mining scene at large? Specifically if stratum support and higher difficulty shares would be considered, as the current hardware seems to struggle under the existing load and with a huge boost in hashrate it cannot be reasonably expected to survive. These 2 changes would likely make it survive 10x the hashrate without any change to the hardware.
Bump? Suggest stratum + share rate of up to 24/min. Would be nice to mine here once again, but at 50 times the reject rate of a modernised pool, I'm finding it hard to justify. (2% stales on mtred versus .04% on ozcoin)
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
PS: I think the server is down. I can't reach it.
Rex has said it many times, he couldn't the blockchain code to play nice with each other, so he turned it off back in June.
Activity: 446
I'm interested in knowing why NMC merged mining is off.

Thanks

Is MtRed using our hash power for merge-mining without paying out for NMC blocks?  I think I just saw my NMC share count increment by a few shares.

This is a strange bug that i've yet to pinpoint.  NMC is off ATM, Trust me. It's form 1 of 3 little bits of code that updates stats. At first, i thought it was the code that checks that stats are being reported (by monitoring a fake miner).  But it's not, and I dont see any NMC solutions in the logs. When I sum the user nmc-round-shares table I get 4,005,723, which is what it was when MM was shut off, so that leads me to the third place, the stat caching server. 

Im not sure yet, but its a minor cosmetic detail ( and a face lift is in the works,) and apologize for any confusion.

-RR

TL;DR: im not exactly sure why nmc round solved is going up? Its just the cache value and gets reset on reboot.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
Getting much better stales and better connection to beta pool (port 8837) compared to main pool (8337). Proof in the pics.

Main:

Beta:
Nom Nom Nom
Is MtRed using our hash power for merge-mining without paying out for NMC blocks?  I think I just saw my NMC share count increment by a few shares.

This is a strange bug that i've yet to pinpoint.  NMC is off ATM, Trust me. It's form 1 of 3 little bits of code that updates stats. At first, i thought it was the code that checks that stats are being reported (by monitoring a fake miner).  But it's not, and I dont see any NMC solutions in the logs. When I sum the user nmc-round-shares table I get 4,005,723, which is what it was when MM was shut off, so that leads me to the third place, the stat caching server. 

Im not sure yet, but its a minor cosmetic detail ( and a face lift is in the works,) and apologize for any confusion.

-RR

TL;DR: im not exactly sure why nmc round solved is going up? Its just the cache value and gets reset on reboot.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
Can you list -all- pools that point to mtred? So far I have mtred.com:8337 (This server has frequent getwork fails and remote fails as well as 3% stale for me), pa.mtred.com:8337 (This server is claimed to be "Dead" by my miner) and mtred.com:8837 (always seems snappy and responsive. Recently switched over to this server). I was hoping there might have been at least one more. I like my 100% PPS
Nom Nom Nom
I switched to pa.mtred and my stats aren't updating. Redditorrex can you help me out please?

Same problem, different user.

According to CGMiner, performance is amazing even without stratum!  But nothing shows up on the stats.   Undecided

It periodical goes down when packloss to the main is showing above normal.
Also, I know about the issuest, a lot of hard coded 50's, luckly the payout script uses that actual block amount (so it includes fees), so rewards are correct.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
I switched to pa.mtred and my stats aren't updating. Redditorrex can you help me out please?

Same problem, different user.

According to CGMiner, performance is amazing even without stratum!  But nothing shows up on the stats.   Undecided
Anyone else notice the Estimation shown on the dashboard page isn't showing the right estimation? I don't think the code has been changed to reflect the reward halving.

Also, the PPS rate on the main page definitely appears wrong. Smiley
Activity: 113
Merit: 10

The network bridge between the data centers got clogged up and broke a few hours ago.  Shares are being reported, im running through the backlongs to grab all share counts after the failure.

You should see solved counts jump.

-RR

Well that's encouraging at least. I was also getting worried. Smiley
Nom Nom Nom

The network bridge between the data centers got clogged up and broke a few hours ago.  Shares are being reported, im running through the backlongs to grab all share counts after the failure.

You should see solved counts jump.

-RR
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
Activity: 547
Merit: 531
First bits: 12good
We have been acting wonky since Sandy, the main server in New Jersey hash been seeing strange patterns of packet loss. I have provisioned some new servers in Georgia.  PA.mtred is looking good, and I hope to have a stratum server up soon.

I'm switching to pa.mterd ....

Stratum server will be perfect. Thank You.
Activity: 686
We have been acting wonky since Sandy, the main server in New Jersey hash been seeing strange patterns of packet loss. I have provisioned some new servers in Georgia.  PA.mtred is looking good, and I hope to have a stratum server up soon.

Holy shit I thought you had died or something.
Pages:
Jump to: