Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] MtRed (PPS, LP+, API, 0 FEE) STRATUM on mine.mtred.com:3333 - page 45. (Read 176141 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Nom Nom Nom
How is the pool going to survive with no fees?  Are 100% or your miner's hash power working on finding the same block.  

There was another 0% free prop that now is being accused of hopping with users hashes to guarantee 100% PPS payout.  Just checking cause it is a really good deal for the miner, not good deal for the pool op, just based on me forum reading.  

We are pure PPS and have been for a while.  Hopefully donations will kick up a bit, and I plan on working on a few other Bitcoin related projects when I can.

We are one of the oldest pools and would never use the miners hashing on another pool (i mean... come on).

I appreciate your interest, stick around there are are some interesting things in development.

RR
Activity: 742
Merit: 503
How is the pool going to survive with no fees?  Are 100% or your miner's hash power working on finding the same block.  

There was another 0% free prop that now is being accused of hopping with users hashes to guarantee 100% PPS payout.  Just checking cause it is a really good deal for the miner, not good deal for the pool op, just based on me forum readings.  
Nom Nom Nom

Some bad luck this week, long blocks and an orphan BTC block.

I want everyone to know that rewards will roll into this or the next block.
Nom Nom Nom
I'm getting too many rejects. 10% to 12% using CGminer 2.2.1. No problems in Bitparking or ABC pools.

I would love to mine in your pool. Any tips?

I have seen the increase, i believe its due to the volume of connection the server must notify when a new block is in the network.

I'm working on improvements to the pushpool code base to help, and hopefully in the next few days I can have ir running.  I will post here with info.

And wow, one of our longest blocks, has just been slain.

That means MtRed is now FEE FREE
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
I'm getting too many rejects. 10% to 12% using CGminer 2.2.1. No problems in Bitparking or ABC pools.

I would love to mine in your pool. Any tips?
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
I'm new to the pool.  Is there a special bitcoin block dance or something small that needs to be sacrificed in order to get this block found?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
It's the Never Ending Block! I wish they made chocolate bars like this.
Nom Nom Nom
Yes, Its been a long one. They come and go at the size we are at now.
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
When this block is done I will give your pool a try. Grin Current block is listed at the top of the webpage right?
Nom Nom Nom
Until the TX fee is a significant amount compared to the block reward (so not any time soon) we will keep the pps value as advertised $Blockreward/$Difficulty
Nom Nom Nom
No catch, the tx fee and pps value will be recalculated at end of round to include the TX fee. So the advertised pps value will be a little lower than what you will actually get.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
Wow. I'm tempted to come back and try that out. What's the catch?
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
Wouldn't distributing the Tx fees require proportional?  Will BTC still be PPS aside from that?  If so, wouldn't making the Tx fees proportional still benefit hoppers?
Nom Nom Nom
Great News!

All Fees on MtRed will be removed after the current block.
As well as include transaction fees (these won't show up in the estimate but will be added at round end) in rewards.
Nom Nom Nom
Regarding Minor Downtime we have been experience in the early hours:

An old friend of MtRed, one of the mining botnets is the culprit. An overload of 40K+ machines from North & South America, and Europe has been remove from the pool. Most of these machines are cpu mining and just wasting resources.
Stability should be better from here on out.
Thanks,
RR
Nom Nom Nom
We experienced a little bit of downtime. But I believe all services are running smooth right now.

This server should have a better international times, and would love to hear feedback.

Thanks,
RR
Nom Nom Nom
Nom Nom Nom
Pool down in 10 min.
Nom Nom Nom
Thanks guys, I'm happy to see Internationale pings are looking better than ever.

In a few hours, 6PM EST to be exact, we will be stopping the pool servers that live on the current MtRed.com (173.193.21.69).

At this time, I will do the last backup of the database, and move it over to the new server w4.MtRed.com (108.60.141.139).  I suggest using the sub-domain w4 for now, until dns propagates around the world.

Hopefully downtime will be less that 20 minutes.
Be sure to check out here, and irc for live info.

Thanks,

RR
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
Because I'm a nice guy:
Ping statistics for 173.193.21.69:
    Packets: Sent = 4374, Received = 4369, Lost = 5 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 36ms, Maximum = 521ms, Average = 40ms

Ping statistics for 108.60.141.139:
    Packets: Sent = 4375, Received = 4370, Lost = 5 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 31ms, Maximum = 520ms, Average = 36ms

The two pings above were run simultaneously on a 3Mb MLPP (2xT1) circuit.  The lost packets did not happen even close to simultaneously or all at once.
Pages:
Jump to: