Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] MtRed (PPS, LP+, API, 0 FEE) STRATUM on mine.mtred.com:3333 - page 40. (Read 176141 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
I couldn't find it at first.  Cheesy

Some news: I'm looking at a new new host. Already looking better than the last, will put up a mining node and let ppl start mining on it soon.

I've also been working on MM over the 24 hours. I'm running some tests, and I't appears to be sending and receiving work properly, but will let my miner churn on it all night to maybe catch a seg.

That's it for now,
RR

That's about the only thing holding me back from mining with MtRed 24/7.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Nom Nom Nom
The pool's stickied, great!

I couldn't find it at first.  Cheesy

Some news: I'm looking at a new new host. Already looking better than the last, will put up a mining node and let ppl start mining on it soon.

I've also been working on MM over the 24 hours. I'm running some tests, and I't appears to be sending and receiving work properly, but will let my miner churn on it all night to maybe catch a seg.

That's it for now,
RR

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
The pool's stickied, great!
Nom Nom Nom
P.S. If you could `ping vps.mtred.com` for ~5/10/20 min and report back min/max/avg and ttl It would be most appreciated.

From Kansas City:

TTL = 54
Min = 24.8
Avg = 38.5
Max = 74.0
(ms)

At first it seemed stable at 24-25 then half way through it started bouncing (50s then 30s then 60s etc etc).

Thanks, that's the exact thing i'm seeing.  It's fine for a min, but then starts jumping all over the board.  I don't think it's flood control on the box, I'm waiting to hear back from the provider.
RR
Activity: 686
P.S. If you could `ping vps.mtred.com` for ~5/10/20 min and report back min/max/avg and ttl It would be most appreciated.

From Kansas City:

TTL = 54
Min = 24.8
Avg = 38.5
Max = 74.0
(ms)

At first it seemed stable at 24-25 then half way through it started bouncing (50s then 30s then 60s etc etc).
Nom Nom Nom
So are we all moved over to the new server?  Thanks for the updates and keep up the good work Smiley

Sorry, I should have mentioned earlier on the forum, after getting all the services up and running on the new node I just wasn't impressed with performance. Both CPU and BW were lacking.

The good news is that much of the backend code has been greatly improved to support a multi-mining node cluster, adding redundancy, and possibly the return of a server in Europe.

The current box has also been behaving better over the last few weeks. We might keep it as the main and thing bring up a few other mining nodes, at least until i'm more confident that a host can support our requirements we will have to make due.

Thanks All,
RR

P.P.S. 1 Year 1 Day..... wow
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
So are we all moved over to the new server?  Thanks for the updates and keep up the good work Smiley
Nom Nom Nom
Quick Update regarding the server:
I'm working on some of the last components, dealt with some versioning issues with different libraries, but I think I have it all worked out.

Sorry for the delays, I had a ton of work dropped on my desk yesterday.

RR
Nom Nom Nom
Hey Redditorex, I have an idea that might attract more people to the pool:  How about adding a running 24hr window of earnings to either the Dashboard or the My Rewards page?  It's a nice number that a lot of miners like to look at and would make stats that much more comprehensive Smiley

Yes, I have a lot of new frontend code I need to push.  It doesnt look like we will be on the new server for another few days, maybe by the end of the week.

But its being setup and I'm running some io tests, I will report back with more info later.
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
Hey Redditorex, I have an idea that might attract more people to the pool:  How about adding a running 24hr window of earnings to either the Dashboard or the My Rewards page?  It's a nice number that a lot of miners like to look at and would make stats that much more comprehensive Smiley
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
Oh wow, I didn't even know we're on a new server now.  ETA on MM?
Nom Nom Nom
Hey, update on the status of the new server.  I'm having issues having the blkchain fully sync.

So I think it could be a harddrive issues on this box. I will report back when I have more information.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
They are up to 170GH/s now more hashing power than the rest of the pool combined.  I guess someone else figured out what a great pool Mt. Red is.
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
I wonder who that is with 150 GH/s??  Geez!
Nom Nom Nom
Is it stable enough to re-enable merged mining?

Not at this time.  This server is having a host of problems Sad

I will report as soon as MM is available again.
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
Is it stable enough to re-enable merged mining?
Nom Nom Nom
I have two request/suggestions (nothing important at all, just nice-to-have):

- Display pool luck. I know my earnings are not affected by pool luck but it's a nice thing to know
- Don't use Helvetica. On most systems this font looks rather ugly...

I will look into adding pool luck to the top stats after the server migration.
Same for the theme, I also want to see some visual updates on the site as well. Smiley
donator
Activity: 543
I have two request/suggestions (nothing important at all, just nice-to-have):

- Display pool luck. I know my earnings are not affected by pool luck but it's a nice thing to know
- Don't use Helvetica. On most systems this font looks rather ugly...
Nom Nom Nom
Well it only took 5 crashes but I think I got this fixed.  Embarrassed
Still moving servers, I will give more details later.
donator
Activity: 543
There is no fee.
But you can set an optional donation.
Pages:
Jump to: