Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] MtRed (PPS, LP+, API, 0 FEE) STRATUM on mine.mtred.com:3333 - page 41. (Read 176141 times)

Activity: 361
Merit: 250
guys, im confused, is there a fee for PPS on this pool or not ?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
Any idea when is MM might be turned back on?
Activity: 280
Nom Nom Nom
Pool is down again.

ಠ_ಠ my face waking up.  I am negotiations prices with our new host.  Hopefully we will be on it before May.
donator
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
Pool is down again.
Nom Nom Nom
So who knows a good hosting provider.  We are switching in the next week or soo....

Trying to get up with our host right now. This is the 3rd unexpected reboot in the last 2 weeks.  Bitcoin started back up, but the mine didn't. Either way the server shouldn't have gone down at 2am.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.
RR
donator
Pool is still "Dead"... Guess that's the price you pay for paying no fees Wink

Why don't introduce a mandatory fee of 1.5-2% if that helps improving the uptime. That's still very low compared to other PPS pools. I just began to like Mt. Red but if it doesn't get more reliable I'll switch back to BTC Guild - 5% fee but I can't remember when the pool was offline the last time.
legendary
Stats look weird. Shows 0 hash rate for the pool.
donator
donator
Activity: 807
I still don't get what this has to do with some "exploit" (?) mentioned by jkminkov on the last page.
Neither do I, but I don't know who he is and figure his answer is an irrelevant opinion since the pool operator already previously responded to questions about confirmations.  Wink
donator
I still don't get what this has to do with some "exploit" (?) mentioned by jkminkov on the last page.
donator
What do you mean by "all pool reserves"? It's not possible to fake work/shares, so no one can earn more than he should accounting for his contributed work. What kind of exploit are you talking about? No other PPS Pool waits for 120 confirmations. (Because that's *usually* the concept of PPS.)

I'm just wondering.
Activity: 698
Then why wait for 120 confirmations?

120 confirmation is long enough to see if anyone haven't used some exploit to get all pool reserves in a few seconds
donator
Then why wait for 120 confirmations? Also, isn't it a problem to have 0-fee and at the same time pay for orphans? I mean look at ArsBitcoin and their buffer of -1000 BTC...

But as rejects are down to 0.4% for me, I'm switching over to Mt. Red now - please keep the stales this low (or even lower Smiley )
Nom Nom Nom
What's keeping me from mining with Mt. Red are very high stales (> 1%).
I don't care about MM/NMC, but usually (on other pools) I have a reject rate of 0.1% or less (0.01% on BTCGuild).
Seriously?  You're paying 5% in fees instead of losing (presumably) <2% in stales?
What about orphan blocks? AFAIR reject rate was about 2-3%. It looks like you don't get paid for orphan blocks, so that makes another 1-1.5%. Not too far from the 5% fee I'm paying at BTC Guild.

But I'll give Mt. Red another try.

We pay orphan blocks.
donator
I don't care about MM/NMC, but usually (on other pools) I have a reject rate of 0.1% or less (0.01% on BTCGuild).
Seriously?  You're paying 5% in fees instead of losing (presumably) <2% in stales?
What about orphan blocks? AFAIR reject rate was about 2-3%. It looks like you don't get paid for orphan blocks, so that makes another 1-1.5%. Not too far from the 5% fee I'm paying at BTC Guild.

But I'll give Mt. Red another try.
legendary
@ShadesOfMarble I'm getting less than .5% stales right now

@Redditorex You guys offer higher PPS value than other pools (0.0000307398438317 while everybody else seems to be in the 0.000029XXXXXXXXXX range). Have you considered dialing the PPS value amount back a tad until the buffer is healthy?
Seriously?  You're paying 5% in fees instead of losing (presumably) <2% in stales?  Also, was your comment including consideration of the post just above yours?
Running against the latest bitcoind, I've seen various improvements all around.  Stales appear to be lower, and load seems to be down.
donator
Pages:
Jump to: