Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] - Stumptown Miners - Avalon PCB Assembly - West Coast USA - page 11. (Read 30723 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Also, ryepdx I filled out your order form, but can't get the BTC until a week from Monday.  I'm confident you won't receive my chips by then, so I should be ok, but how do I update my order form?  That is, how do I recall the previous form I've already filled out?

If you're just talking about getting a payment address, the address shown upon order form completion will work indefinitely. You can even bookmark the URL if you want. The page won't go away or anything.

If you need quantities or something changed for an order you've already made and paid for, just email or message me and I'll be happy to make the changes.

Any chance that paypal (yeah, I know) can be accepted for the assembly? Would you care to have that as an option?

No, I'm sorry. Aside from the inevitable chargebacks I'd have to deal with, I'd also have to worry about them freezing my funds indefinitely if I get any sizable amount of money coming in.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
Any chance that paypal (yeah, I know) can be accepted for the assembly? Would you care to have that as an option? As much as I can't stand Paypal sometimes, it might be beneficial since most of the people who would be using it are stateside anyways.
Activity: 742
So where do we tell our group buy organizers to ship chips?

I would imagine that they would probably deal directly with each other. I think John K acted as escrow for both ryepdx as well as Ragnazn (organizer of my group buy) so it should be relatively easy for them to coordinate. I just filled out the shipping info form for my group buy and indicated that I was having them sent to Stumptown. I don't know how everyone else feels but my preference would be to just bundle all the Stumptown-bound chips together in one shipment, overnight to Oregon, and share the cost between those involved (proportional to each person's share of the chips). Alternatively, ryepdx would cover shipping for that one shipment and each of us users would pay him our share (this way one person isn't delaying the shipment to Stumptown).

Ok.  Will do.

Also, ryepdx I filled out your order form, but can't get the BTC until a week from Monday.  I'm confident you won't receive my chips by then, so I should be ok, but how do I update my order form?  That is, how do I recall the previous form I've already filled out?
legendary
Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000
SaluS - (SLS)
Ragnazn has created an order form. He confirmed that for the address field we can simply state "Stumptown Miners" as the recipient and they will handle the details on their end.

Activity: 246
My spoon is too big!

I would imagine that they would probably deal directly with each other. I think John K acted as escrow for both ryepdx as well as Ragnazn (organizer of my group buy) so it should be relatively easy for them to coordinate. I just filled out the shipping info form for my group buy and indicated that I was having them sent to Stumptown. I don't know how everyone else feels but my preference would be to just bundle all the Stumptown-bound chips together in one shipment, overnight to Oregon, and share the cost between those involved (proportional to each person's share of the chips). Alternatively, ryepdx would cover shipping for that one shipment and each of us users would pay him our share (this way one person isn't delaying the shipment to Stumptown).
Activity: 742
No, the assembler I'm going with will not be receiving sample chips to test the Klondike design. I'll be going off of BkkCoins' test results. As for a warranty, I'm not sure what Tate Tech offers. Most assembly plants will do rework for free if things go wrong during assembly, but I will ask them specifically about that.
Will the manufacturer you are going with be receiving test chips to replicate and test the Klondike design as well? Will there be any sort of warranty offered?
Any way to see the numbers of boards that have been paid for?

I plan on first setting up a table showing the number of orders made from each group buy, and then later I'll probably update it to show how many orders have been paid for from each group buy.
Activity: 246
My spoon is too big!
Payment made for 2xK16 and 2xK1s. Any way to see the numbers of boards that have been paid for?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
It notifies you if you visit every email
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
Ugh, looks like subscribe to thread doesn't actually notify me of anything Sad

Anyways, great progress!

Has it been settled on Steamboat's heatsink design?  I only ask as I'd be one of those looking for a chassis solution (either will make my own, or piggyback off someone elses project) that I can rackmount, and knowing the dimensions beforehand lets me start building mockups.

I'm also looking for 6 extra chips (assuming none of mine are DOA) from anyone who happens to have a few extra.  I'll pay above the price paid + shipping, and I'm sure we can simply let rye know to swap 6 on his end when they arrive.

Do you plan on keeping this open?  Or will this be a one-time group buy?  Sorry if this was already answered.  I plan on picking up chips if available after they ship from auctions and the like, so I need to line up options to get them turned into miners if that scenario plays out.
So this design will be based off BkkCoins Klondike Design identically?

Yes. I am simply organizing the assembly of BkkCoins' design stateside.

Who will be assembling the boards and what experience do they have with ASIC/FPGA technology? What is the expected turnaround time? Will there be any sort of warranty for this?

Tate Tech will be assembling the boards. They were founded in 1992. Their CEO managed Key Tronic Europe's operations in Ireland in the 80s. I've been in contact with their VP of Customer Solutions and he's told me they can provide assembly with 3 to 5 day turnaround. I expect to add a day to that for PIC programming on each batch. PCB fabrication will take 10 days, but I expect to kick that off before the chips arrive. I also expect to have all the parts necessary before the chips arrive. I am shooting for 1 week turnaround.

I'm almost at a decision, although burnin's seems the most informed thread out there for DIY designs.

burnin is probably more informed than I am, since it sounds like he knows how to assemble the miners himself. I don't have that kind of EE knowledge, honestly. You should be aware of that.

...would there be an option to buy out others leftover chips and assemble another K16 unit? Or I guess 8 K1 units?

You can certainly arrange for buying out other people's chips. They'll have to speak up here, though, since I don't personally have any insight into that. The order form requires the number of chips pledged from a group buy and the number of chips required for the miners ordered to divide evenly.
So this design will be based off BkkCoins Klondike Design identically? Who will be assembling the boards and what experience do they have with ASIC/FPGA technology? What is the expected turnaround time? Will there be any sort of warranty for this?

I'm almost at a decision, although burnin's seems the most informed thread out there for DIY designs. If you can answer these I would consider adding my chips to your order. I would be interested in 3 K64 units, however would have 8 chips left, would there be an option to buy out others leftover chips and assemble another K16 unit? Or I guess 8 K1 units? Feel free to PM me these answers as well, although I think it would get many more of us stateside interested simply due to faster shipping.
Okay, I'm organizing two meetups this week for those who would like to either place an order in person or just place a face with the name.

I'll be at the Green Dragon from 7pm to 8pm this Thursday and Friday. I'll be the guy with the "Stumptown Miners" sign on the back of his laptop.

Please let me know if you can't make either of these and want to place an order in person.
Good job on the order form. Unfortunately I have chips coming to you from 2 different group-buys.
Hope they arrive at the same time.

Thanks! For users with chips coming from two different group buys, I'll choose to either split the order up between the group buys or get it done with the later-arriving one. My criteria will be whichever results in more people getting their orders.

Also, where are you located, as I would prefer a local pickup.

I'm in Portland, Oregon.

Love the site, well done....

Think I need to sort a site too soon Cheesy

Thanks. If you want, I can let you use my code.
Activity: 350
Love the site, well done....

Think I need to sort a site too soon Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1123
SaluS - (SLS)
Placed the order. Will send the BTC in few hours. 

Good job on the order form. Unfortunately I have chips coming to you from 2 different group-buys.
Hope they arrive at the same time. Also, where are you located, as I would prefer a local pickup.

Thanks, and good luck.
Orders are now open. Go to www.stumptownminers.com to place your order.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll soon be arranging a meetup in Portland for those who want to meet with me face to face.
donator
Activity: 919
Cross-post in all threads of projects that are registered for Avalon sample chips from my order.

Delivery of sample chips seems to have started.

If you have chips ordered with me that you want to support this project with, do it now.

If you are the owner of this project, please provide me your shipping address.

Find the details here.
Pages:
Jump to: