Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] - Stumptown Miners - Avalon PCB Assembly - West Coast USA - page 8. (Read 30685 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
the refund on the K1s?

K1 price: ~$40

" sent 4.5129 for two k16 & six K1 "

Yes, I'll be sending $40 worth of BTC to everyone's refund addresses for each K1 ordered, assuming we don't get a huge number of K1s ordered in the next couple of hours.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Just send me the extra chips with the k16's. No biggie.  Does that change the price now?

Nope, no price change. I'll be happy to send you your extra chips along with your K16s. :-)

the refund on the K1s?

K1 price: ~$40

" sent 4.5129 for two k16 & six K1 "
Just send me the extra chips with the k16's. No biggie.  Does that change the price now?

Nope, no price change. I'll be happy to send you your extra chips along with your K16s. :-)
Hi all. I'm considering dropping the K1s. Right now we don't have enough orders to make the target price, and there are only a few hours left before I stop taking orders. Would doing this affect anyone's decision to have K16s made via my service?

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Hi all. I'm considering dropping the K1s. Right now we don't have enough orders to make the target price, and there are only a few hours left before I stop taking orders. Would doing this affect anyone's decision to have K16s made via my service?

Nope, doesn't affect my decision...  thanks!
That is wise. I assume that the volume from raginazn628's group is not high enough to consider K64, right?

I'm honestly a little confused where everyone is taking their chips. Are they waiting on ragin? He's released basically no information...

Thanks. Yeah, it looks like we won't be getting any K64s made. Fortunately everyone who has ordered a K64 so far has specified that it's alright to swap their K64s out for K16s, so that's what I'll be doing.

I'm not sure where everyone is taking their chips. There may be a little bit of psychological inertia keeping people with raging's assembly service, despite his unresponsiveness.

This effort sounds like the most solid plan..  no hype and just going to get it done.  
I dont think anyone feels they are going to get rich with these but they should pay for themselves and help spread out the hashing.

no rush, stay steady and let's get it done right the first time

Thanks! I appreciate your appreciation.  Grin
So, has anyone heard any rumblings about the Avalon chips? We're nearing the promised ship date... 1-2 weeks, probably.

As for pressing boards, do we have any kind of ETA on that? I know BKK is still working on his design.

By the way, ryepdx: can you confirm receipt of my payment? There was only a pass-through webpage when I ordered to serve as a reciept. I kinda wish it'd emailed me.

No ETA on pressing boards yet. As you said BkkCoins is still working on his design. I don't want to pull a Terrahash and get a bunch of boards pressed prematurely. I'll start pressing boards once BkkCoins has confirmation that the current K16 design can be chained.

That is wise. I assume that the volume from raginazn628's group is not high enough to consider K64, right?

I'm honestly a little confused where everyone is taking their chips. Are they waiting on ragin? He's released basically no information...

This effort sounds like the most solid plan..  no hype and just going to get it done. 
I dont think anyone feels they are going to get rich with these but they should pay for themselves and help spread out the hashing.

no rush, stay steady and let's get it done right the first time

Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
So, has anyone heard any rumblings about the Avalon chips? We're nearing the promised ship date... 1-2 weeks, probably.

As for pressing boards, do we have any kind of ETA on that? I know BKK is still working on his design.

By the way, ryepdx: can you confirm receipt of my payment? There was only a pass-through webpage when I ordered to serve as a reciept. I kinda wish it'd emailed me.

No ETA on pressing boards yet. As you said BkkCoins is still working on his design. I don't want to pull a Terrahash and get a bunch of boards pressed prematurely. I'll start pressing boards once BkkCoins has confirmation that the current K16 design can be chained.

Yes, I have received your payment. For anyone else who has the same question, here is the list of all the people I have received payment from so far:

redphlegm
OtaconEmmerich
timewaster
spinner
ThatBitcoinGuy
DPoS
Vycid
spanishfry

If you believe your name should be on this list, please message me.

If you still want to buy from me, please do so soon. I will be closing orders on July 7th to allow some time for selling the excess PICs I've ordered to other assemblers.
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

I'll also vote for Version I...  I think the hot-rodding can wait a little bit.  Smiley

Till you see the competition...

We all might be thankful that BKKCoins can with little time and testing get an overclocked version 2 out in time for even the earliest orders. I for one will be waiting for Ver 2.

the best defense is to hedge and be quick..  buy from each offerring but never slow the train
btw, I need to replace my order, I got few more chips for Zefir to round up my  order.

Okay. If you want to change any of the things on your previous order, go ahead and email or PM me. But if you got, say, 16 chips and want one more K16, then you should be able to just place another order. I'll be packaging up things according to address, so if you have multiple orders from the same group buy, they will ship together.
legendary
Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000
SaluS - (SLS)
btw, I need to replace my order, I got few more chips for Zefir to round up my  order.
Activity: 924
It is a hard choice...

There are too many variables really be certain. My feeling given the progress and confidence of BKKCoins he will give us something. Even with the V1 K16 300 GH/s and a bit more might be possible. But really if it is between a 1 to 2 week wait for V2 then I think that might be worth it in the longer term over a 14 chip solution.

I wish you guys the best of luck hope it works out for us all.
legendary
Activity: 1123
SaluS - (SLS)
+1 for v.2. I think BBK will have the revised version ready prior to ryepdx receiving the chips and placing the order. If not, then I am OK with just going with v.1
(I mean, honestly-- if you're willing to wait, that speaks volumes, since you've got a **lot** more skin in this game than I do!)

Haha. Thanks. All of this is a gamble, of course. But I feel like having the ability to overclock will make us more competitive in the longer run, and give us a better shot at turning a profit.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
All right-- you talked me into it.  Assuming the delay (if any) is going to be modest, I'm certainly glad to have the added versatility of overclocking potential, so let's go ahead and see how Version 2 shakes out.  

(I mean, honestly-- if you're willing to wait, that speaks volumes, since you've got a **lot** more skin in this game than I do!)

I'll also vote for Version I...  I think the hot-rodding can wait a little bit.  Smiley

I just want to make sure we're clear on this: you won't be able to "hot-rod" your miner if we go with version 1, unless you're willing to remove some of the chips from your board. Based on the discussion in the Klondike thread, it sounds like version 2 will, aside from using different components, have a slightly different PCB design as well.

Till you see the competition...

We all might be thankful that BKKCoins cans with little time and testing get an overclocked version 2 out in time for even the earliest orders. I for one will be waiting for Ver 2.

I admit I'm also hoping for a timely version 2. I personally would like overclockable miners, so if the consensus here is to go with version 1, then I may just order more boards and have mine populated with 14 chips instead of 16. (Depends, of course, on how difficulty looks at that point in time.)
Activity: 742
Hey ryepdx, I'm curious.  Once the initial orders from group buys are finished, will you continue to operate your assembly business for any length of time?  I may end up with some extra chips after the fur has finished flying, and I'm trying to get more info on some one-off K1s.  What's your long term plan for this, if any?
Pages:
Jump to: