Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] - Stumptown Miners - Avalon PCB Assembly - West Coast USA - page 9. (Read 30685 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
order submitted for my K16's.  Thanks rye
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I'll also vote for Version I...  I think the hot-rodding can wait a little bit.  Smiley

Till you see the competition...

We all might be thankful that BKKCoins can with little time and testing get an overclocked version 2 out in time for even the earliest orders. I for one will be waiting for Ver 2.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I'll also vote for Version I...  I think the hot-rodding can wait a little bit.  Smiley

Activity: 47
Assuming the majority votes to go with revision 1 of the board and not wait for an overclockable version, yes.

sounds good, revision 1 for sure (difficulty curve vs waiting for overclocking is a wash at best)

any savings you get on costs you can keep as a tip from my order if all goes as planned

Just chiming in.  I'm also partial to version 1
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Can you confirm which heatsink design you're proposing?

Since people are in different chip batches I guess you're hoping to use someone like Colin who might only charge full setup once (PnP programming etc) even if the assembly batches are spread over time?

If you use Colin we might be able to split off Canadian orders and ship them direct.  Provided the volume is moderate I could act as the distributor for free.  We can meet in Portland in mid july so you can verify my identity etc.

I have some uncommitted chips with Steamboat in the same batch as you guys (I think I bought 34 in batch 3), give the potential shipping savings this could be the right deal for me.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Assuming the majority votes to go with revision 1 of the board and not wait for an overclockable version, yes.

sounds good, revision 1 for sure (difficulty curve vs waiting for overclocking is a wash at best)

any savings you get on costs you can keep as a tip from my order if all goes as planned
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Activity: 462
we are still on schedule to get one of the first finished boards right? Should be interesting.. I am guessing August rollout at the latest?
Maybe I'm alone here but isn't the base clock speed the base clock speed because anything over that would / could result in failure or HW errors? I'm not sure I'd want to chance overclocking if it was going to mean potential quick burnout of the chips.

It depends on how cool you can keep your chips and whether the rest of the hardware on the board can handle the increased voltage demand from the chips. Right now the Klondike's hardware cannot handle the increased voltage demand that would come with overclocking. However, I've seen a number of Avalon miners on the boards say they've bumped their chips up to around 350Mh/s and 375Mh/s without much trouble. Yifu has insinuated that the chips can easily do better than their base clock rate, too, and I've heard people talking about a theoretical limit of 450Mh/s.

But you're right, overclocking would be dangerous and you would likely shorten the lifespan of your chips. If we decide to wait for the overclockable revision, the miners I ship would still be at their base clock speed. It would be up to you to overclock them.
Activity: 246
My spoon is too big!
Regarding overclocking: it does not appear that the first revision of the Klondike boards will be overclockable. BkkCoins is planning on making an overclockable revision once the current revision has been proven to work.

Do you want to wait for an overclockable version of the Klondike boards? This will likely mean we get our miners later than if we didn't wait, but it also means we will have the option of overclocking to achieve performance gains of 20% to 30%.

Please let me know your preference so we can decide on a direction.

Thanks,

Ryan

Maybe I'm alone here but isn't the base clock speed the base clock speed because anything over that would / could result in failure or HW errors? I'm not sure I'd want to chance overclocking if it was going to mean potential quick burnout of the chips.
Regarding overclocking: it does not appear that the first revision of the Klondike boards will be overclockable. BkkCoins is planning on making an overclockable revision once the current revision has been proven to work.

Do you want to wait for an overclockable version of the Klondike boards? This will likely mean we get our miners later than if we didn't wait, but it also means we will have the option of overclocking to achieve performance gains of 20% to 30%.

Please let me know your preference so we can decide on a direction.

Thanks,

Ryan
You should have my order to: 16 k16 from 256 from Ragin.

Yes, I have your order in the database and marked as paid.
Activity: 47
You should have my order to: 16 k16 from 256 from Ragin.
BTW ryepdx anyone else order from steamboat other you and me?

Looks like it's just you and me for now, plus eabedry if they follow through.
Activity: 38
Thanks ryepdx. I'd like to get a K16 but only have 12 chips. Any suggestions? Should I try and find more chips?

Earlier I saw one of my customers had 4 extra chips they were looking to offload. I'll see if I can find them again and edit this post with their info if I do.
That would be me, send me or ryepdx a PM and I'm sure we could figure something out.

I ordered from steamboat too and after looking at his assembly pricing I'm interested in other options  Smiley

I'll be looking for assembly of 16 miners and I'll have a handful of spare chips as well.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
Thanks ryepdx. I'd like to get a K16 but only have 12 chips. Any suggestions? Should I try and find more chips?

Earlier I saw one of my customers had 4 extra chips they were looking to offload. I'll see if I can find them again and edit this post with their info if I do.
That would be me, send me or ryepdx a PM and I'm sure we could figure something out.

Activity: 327
Any chance there would be volume discounts on board assembly? I have 240 chips through zefirs GB and am wondering what is the most best option taking into account reliability, turnaround-time, and cost per board. This equals 15 K16s or 3 K64s and 3 K16s. Would it take longer to get the K64 boards tested and produced?
Thanks for the update, man. I'm stoked about this.

I also sent you a PM a while back. I realize you're probably pretty inundated with messages but if you have a chance and could take a look, I'd appreciate it.

Sorry about that! I was pretty inundated, and it looks like a few messages fell through the cracks. I'm looking at your email right now and composing a reply.

Just for clarification on this, this will essentially yield a working hashing board complete with components and heatsink, correct? The only thing it won't have is a case but pci-e power connector, usb, and all requisite components will be on the boards, right? Just plug in the power supply, connect to computer, install any requisite drivers, start cgminer, and the hashing commences. Correct? I just want to make sure that if there's anything I need to get taken care of prior to receipt that I do it now rather than waiting until I get the boards.

Yup! You will need to supply your own case (if you want one) and PSU, but everything else is included.
My spoon is too big!
Just for clarification on this, this will essentially yield a working hashing board complete with components and heatsink, correct? The only thing it won't have is a case but pci-e power connector, usb, and all requisite components will be on the boards, right? Just plug in the power supply, connect to computer, install any requisite drivers, start cgminer, and the hashing commences. Correct? I just want to make sure that if there's anything I need to get taken care of prior to receipt that I do it now rather than waiting until I get the boards.
My spoon is too big!
Thanks for the update, man. I'm stoked about this.

I also sent you a PM a while back. I realize you're probably pretty inundated with messages but if you have a chance and could take a look, I'd appreciate it.
Pages:
Jump to: