Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] - Stumptown Miners - Avalon PCB Assembly - West Coast USA - page 12. (Read 30723 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
If you want to keep track of the state of PCB development, go read through BkkCoins' posts in the Klondike thread. Basically it sounds like things are going well so far. Heatsinks are the most unknown quantity right now. There have been a couple proposed heatsink designs, and BkkCoins has received a few samples, but he's not really going to be able to test them until he has chips. Right now we're in "wait and see and design cases and heatsinks" mode.

From reading the Klondike thread, it's my understanding that sample chips will precede the rest of the group buy chips by four weeks. We should have at least a couple weeks to react to anything unforeseen revealed by BkkCoins' prototype tests. I'm not too worried about BkkCoins' design working out, though. There have been a lot of eyes on it, and most (if not all, IIRC) of BkkCoins' assumptions about the design prior to Avalon's release of their specs turned out to be right.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
Whats the update on the PCB development? Is this more of a BkkCoins related question? I on the fence as to go with ryepdx or burnin's PCB assembly. I would be interested in 3 K64s but would have about 8 chips leftover. I am on the east coast so shipping would be quick once assembly is complete, but not sure if the difference would be enough to change my mind as to build quality/warranty/turnaround time considering difficulty is up just 25% this round alone. I have two orders with zefir for batches 5 and 7, but have still not supported any devs until I see more tangible proof of completed PCB assembly. (I understand this is all speculation until Avalon actually sends sample chips to the devs for testing, but am just testing out the waters and these two projects have the best prospects for right now.
Alright, for now I'm planning on going with steamboat's heatsink buy. I'll allocate $6 per K16 for that. I haven't seen anything decisive regarding heatsinks for the Nanos yet.
Licensing fees were still up in the air last time I checked, but BkkCoins threw out $5 per board a couple weeks ago when we were PMing. I was planning on giving him a cut from my fee.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
How big will the licencing fee for bkkcoins be per board?
The quote's in from Tate on the K1/Nano. It'll be $11.28 for assembly at batch sizes of 128 and $10.56 at batch sizes of 256. Parts for a batch size of 128 will be $5.48, plus shipping, which brings the parts price up to $6.44. (I'm allocating $5 in shipping for each line item.)

I don't have circuit board fabrication quotes for the K1 yet, so I'm going to use the 5 day turn around, 128 batch size quote I got on the K16 from PCB Unlimited: $10.07. I imagine we'll be able to get it cheaper once I get hard numbers, since the board's about 1/8 the size of the K16, but that's what I'm going with for now.

Not sure about the price on heatsinks yet, but the price sans-heatsink looks to be $30.57. I'm going to be looking at heatsinks for all the miners today and will hopefully have those numbers to add to the miner prices soon.

I'll also be looking at sources for cases and stacking solutions for those of us who need them. I don't plan on producing any myself at this point, but I figure it'll help to have a summary of the efforts out there here. And if there's any sort of bulk discount, we can pool our orders to take advantage of that. I won't be taking any sort of group buy fee on those orders, since I'm already taking a fee on the miners themselves.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
预计K16价格:〜$ 93
预计K64价格:〜$372
Activity: 467
Activity: 711
Merit: 532
I'm interested in at least 4 K16s, and a handful of K1s.
Activity: 552
I think rye is just setting up escrow so he can accept taking funds now, I'm pretty sure he's getting ready as bkkcoins is finishing up his prototype boards within 4-5 days.

Yep, that's the case. JohnK has my identity information and I'm currently working on a small website that will allow people to place their orders. There was a miscommunication between JohnK and me, though. The escrow we're looking at setting up will have the payments going directly to me so he doesn't have to deal with converting a bunch of XBT (I just discovered the ISO standards thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xbt-btc-179881) to USD all the time. If I reneg on our deal, then JohnK releases my identity information.

Is this an acceptable setup for everyone? The funds will have to pass through my hands and into the plants' hands at some point prior to delivery anyway, as I don't have enough funds on hand to pay for batches of 100 miners all by myself.

Have you looked on ebay for "4-layer PCB" printers? The prices and quality is a LOT better than most US listed prices. (Not for a prototype board though.)

I have no trouble believing this. In looking for a local supplier, I'm hoping to minimize turnaround time, not price. I'm going to be a little more expensive than most of the other deals, but I'm aiming to be faster in return. Time is XBT when you're mining.

BTW, im working on a website where people like you who are providing services can take orders for your product, track orders, send out emails or updates to status of users who have ordered, etc.. etc..

Let me know if interested, I have something working behind the scenes yet but haven't shown anyone.

donator
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Hi,
         Is it possible to run a k16 board with only 12 chips and mine a little slower?

I'm not sure that the plant will be able to accommodate different numbers of chips per board, though...
Activity: 350
Hi,

yes it is, mount 3 per bank
Activity: 332
subscribed.  I am probably willing to devote about 1000 chips from my order and help with costs so keep me informed please.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Hi,
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
Is this an acceptable setup for everyone?
I'm going to be a little more expensive than most of the other deals, but I'm aiming to be faster in return. Time is XBT when you're mining.
I'm perfectly happy with this setup and don't mind paying a bit more for a faster turn around.
Also while XBT is neat all all, I'd rather call it it BTC in the non-formal syntax. It rolls of the tongue better.
I think rye is just setting up escrow so he can accept taking funds now, I'm pretty sure he's getting ready as bkkcoins is finishing up his prototype boards within 4-5 days.

Yep, that's the case. JohnK has my identity information and I'm currently working on a small website that will allow people to place their orders. There was a miscommunication between JohnK and me, though. The escrow we're looking at setting up will have the payments going directly to me so he doesn't have to deal with converting a bunch of XBT (I just discovered the ISO standards thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xbt-btc-179881) to USD all the time. If I reneg on our deal, then JohnK releases my identity information.

Is this an acceptable setup for everyone? The funds will have to pass through my hands and into the plants' hands at some point prior to delivery anyway, as I don't have enough funds on hand to pay for batches of 100 miners all by myself.

Have you looked on ebay for "4-layer PCB" printers? The prices and quality is a LOT better than most US listed prices. (Not for a prototype board though.)

I have no trouble believing this. In looking for a local supplier, I'm hoping to minimize turnaround time, not price. I'm going to be a little more expensive than most of the other deals, but I'm aiming to be faster in return. Time is XBT when you're mining.
Activity: 504
Not a joke...

I believe they all follow ISO standards that are up to date, and they do most of the "extra" stuff free... Like, actually testing the boards, solder-masking, silk-screening... Which other places try to charge you additional fees for, to hide the fact that they are taking you for a ride. Tongue

Just offering my 2-cents...
Activity: 742
I think rye is just setting up escrow so he can accept taking funds now, I'm pretty sure he's getting ready as bkkcoins is finishing up his prototype boards within 4-5 days. I'm pretty sure once the firm price points come in he will get lots of orders from all of the West Coast.

East coast too; I'm in both of ryepdx's group buys so I figure it'll be less mess if I just follow ryepdx through assembly.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
I think rye is just setting up escrow so he can accept taking funds now, I'm pretty sure he's getting ready as bkkcoins is finishing up his prototype boards within 4-5 days. I'm pretty sure once the firm price points come in he will get lots of orders from all of the West Coast.
Pages:
Jump to: