Pages:
Author

Topic: 🌟CLOSING SALE🌟 [DENARIUM] | Next Gen Physical Bitcoins 🌟CLOSING SOON🌟 - page 14. (Read 56300 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
Here is a video of the gold plated coin, not photoshopped: https://vimeo.com/167906163
legendary
How limited is the 1/10 & 1/100 brass coins with a gold finish? Is there a specific print run number?

Original plan was to make a limited edition but it is not a limited edition. However I do not expect us to produce a lot of them. The first batch is 250x 1/10 and 250x 1/100 and less is actually produced as some of them were discarded. Additionally it's made from a mint leftover batch of the original 1/10 & 1/100 coins, when they are over we can't make those coins any more. Next coin would be a 2016 edition.
Activity: 1941
Merit: 375
Cryptoshi Blockomoto

- Limited edition 1/10 & 1/100 brass coins with a gold finish. These are clearly our best quality brass coins. The gold finish does not come off even in heavy use, the coins do not become dark and the surface is shinier & cleaner than any of our coins so far. These will likely not be auctioned but sold directly through our website. Price TBD.

How limited is the 1/10 & 1/100 brass coins with a gold finish? Is there a specific print run number?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
I have no photographing skills whatsoever, but I found that holding up a large black or white sheet of some sort (eg paper) and aiming it at the coin helps quite a lot. No need for photoshop.

Yeah, a black reflection in the coin helps but that'll take away the actual reflectiveness of the coin.

Maybe taking one with black and then with white so we can see detail in one and then reflectiveness in the other?
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
I have no photographing skills whatsoever, but I found that holding up a large black or white sheet of some sort (eg paper) and aiming it at the coin helps quite a lot. No need for photoshop.

Yeah, a black reflection in the coin helps but that'll take away the actual reflectiveness of the coin.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
Those reflections of the lake, hills and trees in the coins look fake.

The pictures are photoshopped, you're right about that. We simply couldn't take a proper picture of the coins otherwise that does any justice to them. Those pictures represent the actual shine of the coins in real life pretty well. But we will post non-photoshopped pictures later as we experiment on different ways of photographing them. Stay tuned.

I can confirm. I tried taking pictures of the gold plated LuckyBit coins (not trying to hijack your thread) and it's really difficult to take a good picture of such a reflective surface.

legendary

The pictures are photoshopped, you're right about that. We simply couldn't take a proper picture of the coins otherwise that does any justice to them. Those pictures represent the actual shine of the coins in real life pretty well. But we will post non-photoshopped pictures later as we experiment on different ways of photographing them. Stay tuned.
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
I will post more pictures of the coins later. These coins are very difficult to photograph since they are so shiny.

legendary
I'm proud to announce our newest product, the Gold Plated Brass coins!

These are the shiniest coins you have ever seen. The gold plating is durable. The surface is cleaner and smoother than anything we've produced before.

The price for these coins is 14,90 € (ex. VAT). Volume discounts apply. Orders accepted now at https://denarium.com/.

I will post more pictures of the coins later. These coins are very difficult to photograph since they are so shiny.
legendary
Short term developments

• The gold plated brass coins are going on sale this week (the 1/100th & 1/10th coins)! No pre-orders, no hassle. Ready to go. These are the shiniest coins you've ever seen, with a gold finish that will stay on even in heavy use outside the capsule. And gold does not go dark like brass, so this is an entirely different coin.
  • Our 1 BTC patinated special limited edition silver coins are going to be auctioned at Bitcointalk very soon. There will be 20 auctioned and the total production batch is fixed at 100 coins. 80 coins will be sold at the website. This will not be a pre-order, we're going to auction and sell pre-assembled coins with fixed serial numbers.
  • We are about to open our OpenBazaar store! This will be a smaller version of our regular store at https://denarium.com and will feature the empty brass coins (including the ones with gold finish) and coin boxes. This is due to the very high complexity of pricing and shipping options at our regular store and the difficulty of replicating all of that to OpenBazaar.
legendary
It is artificial toning and we're not pretending it's anything else. The coins look good though, that's for sure. We haven't really done any of the coins thus far with the focus of achieving a good ANACS rating (as we are quite inexperienced in that regard still) but we might change our approach since that seems to be important for most collectors.

That is not a black & white decision for us though, we have different customer groups and certain groups, which we are in fact focusing a lot more on at the moment, do not really care about those type of details. The most important issue for us is that the coin must look good for the untrained eye, what it is for a trained eye is another story entirely. And from what I can tell, and I would consider myself an untrained eye in this regard, our newest coins (the patinated silver coin and the gold plated brass coins) are the best looking coins that we've produced to date.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Are you using some chemical process to accelerate dark toning on the silver coins? Which chemical is involved?

The substance used for this is, according to the mint, standard silver patination substance called "Norit". It's used often for medals of different sort, according to them. That's all I know.
This would be considered artificial toning and a grading entity such as NGC/PCGS/ANACS would label a coin as having been artificially toned
legendary
Are you using some chemical process to accelerate dark toning on the silver coins? Which chemical is involved?

The substance used for this is, according to the mint, standard silver patination substance called "Norit". It's used often for medals of different sort, according to them. That's all I know.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
legendary
Quick update! We were exhibiting at Consensus 2016 and it was a great event for us. In fact we had our record sales for a 36 hour period thus far. Overall the conference went better than expected. And it probably helped that we provided all the speaker gifts (loaded 1/100 coins with a customized Consensus box).

Coming soon:

- The patinated special edition of the 1 BTC Silver coin. Limited edition, only 100 coins. First 20 or 25 will be auctioned. This is a non-polished coin, generally higher quality than the regular 1 BTC silver. But it is very different looking, darker. Real pictures will be posted before the sales begin as we're no longer doing any pre-orders. All coins will be pre-assembled before we begin sales.

- Limited edition 1/10 & 1/100 brass coins with a gold finish. These are clearly our best quality brass coins. The gold finish does not come off even in heavy use, the coins do not become dark and the surface is shinier & cleaner than any of our coins so far. These will likely not be auctioned but sold directly through our website. Price TBD.

- Extremely limited edition special brass coins. Only 10 or so pieces. These are coins in which the picture and denomination of our regular 1/10 and 1/100 coins are reversed. Only around 10 were ever minted. They will all be auctioned here at Bitcointalk.

We're also looking at producing higher quality Custom coins (the ones with the BTC logo). Likely with a gold finish since that is a clear quality boost. Also the original minting process of the Custom coin has been improved and we're receiving the new test coins from the mint within 1 week.

The patinated silver coin is a 2016 edition but the others will be 2015 editions for now. They are special versions of coins minted in 2015. Brass coins with a new picture and year mark 2016 will come later in the year.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I think that is just one of the issues here from an outside perspective. BOLDED.

First off, I haven't really followed this thread only until recently. And I have to say that Denarium did deliver a product which is better than scammers like Coinographic. But...

What is disappointing is that the term "mint" is being thrown around when from what I gather the company "minting" the coins was not in fact an actual mint (not their main focus as a business). Please correct me if I am wrong.

Which is a bad move from a quality stand point.

Was the impression initially from customers that the "mint" was an actual mint or was it disclosed that they were a metal working company of some kind?

We've never promised anything in regards to the mint or mentioned "mint quality".

I don't think any promises needed to be verbally made aside from using the term "mint" when referencing coins.

It is apparently clear from others that using that term "mint" implied mint quality.

In any case... I commend you on taking care of your customers despite quality issues.  Smiley
legendary
We will offer some form of compensation for all coins that are clearly below the average quality of that particular batch of coins. And we're working hard to improve the general quality of all future coin batches. Negative feedback is frustrating but it is useful. Forces us to take a new look at everything we're doing.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
I spoke with Technomage via PM and he compensated me for the messed up coin. Thanks to Denarium for taking care of it.
legendary
Who exactly do you get your coins minted with if I may ask? I also haven't read of the other pages, so let me know if it's somewhere there.

Our partner is a metal making firm focused on micro-milling. They produce specialized tools for medical science, dental science, space industry, telecommunications industry, military and the precious metal industry. They have been doing jewelry for example, so they are not without experience. Coins just aren't something they have been doing before but are doing it now and learning just like we are.
Pages:
Jump to: