Pages:
Author

Topic: [CNC][P2Pool] Altcoin.pw Mining Pool -Shut Down Due to DDoS Attack- - page 6. (Read 7336 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wait a minute, this is only for +0.0025 setting right?

The best way I can explain it is with an example.

Notice how none of those shares are actually difficulty 16.

Even if you are sending more shares, you won't actually make anything until you get a share that is equal to or higher then P2Pool's difficulty. That share in the middle over a thousand was one I think.

You aren't loosing anything though, don't misunderstand.

Lets say it took you an hour, but you finally got a P2Pool share. It wouldn't have mattered if your difficulty was 16, or set by the pool, because you still had a share worth enough to be a P2Pool share. The setting basically tells cgminer "Don't send any shares lower then this difficulty".

It's hard to explain, if you read up on the bitcoin wiki about how shares and pools work you may understand better. The point is, wait until you start receiving money in your wallet before you stop mining.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
What if we don't get 120 shares and stop mining after having just 10-20 shares. Will we still get the reward?

Sadly, I do not think so. If you really want to stop you should wait for your next P2Pool share, then stop right after.

Wait a minute, this is only for +0.0025 setting right?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Is there a time limit?

What do you mean?

I'm not 100% sure on how P2Pool works, It's been a long time since I've used it. From my knowledge all shares are pooled, and for every share you mine you will get a slice of a block until your share expires from said share pool.

Cheers
Is there a time limit?

What do you mean?

I'm not 100% sure on how P2Pool works, It's been a long time since I've used it. From my knowledge all shares are pooled, and for every share you mine you will get a slice of a block until your share expires from said share pool. Looking at the code I think that share pool is 120 shares in size.

I'm talking about P2Pool shares, not low difficulty shares. (Again, I think)
What if we don't get 120 shares and stop mining after having just 10-20 shares. Will we still get the reward?

Sadly, I do not think so. If you really want to stop you should wait for your next P2Pool share, then stop right after.
legendary
Been mining for over 2 hours with the lower difficulty. Over 200 shares but no payout yet Sad

Even if you are mining with the lower difficulty, you are still just waiting until you get to the P2Pool difficulty. You won't recieve anything until you find a P2Pool share. Keep mining, it is just luck. Once you find one, you will be paid a consistent amount for a total of 120 P2Pool shares (I think that is what the PPLNS is set to).

Is there a time limit?
I have multiple 650 k/h cards at your pool.  Is it better to be at the smaller share size?  I was at the larger share size buy most blocks I didn't even submit a single share.

High difficulty and low difficulty really make no difference since you don't make anything until you mine a high difficulty share anyway. Your shares aren't consistently what you set it to, you just set the minimum that you want to generate.

In the end, it makes zero difference. I'd just leave it.
Been mining for over 2 hours with the lower difficulty. Over 200 shares but no payout yet Sad

Even if you are mining with the lower difficulty, you are still just waiting until you get to the P2Pool difficulty. You won't recieve anything until you find a P2Pool share. Keep mining, it is just luck. Once you find one, you will be paid a consistent amount for a total of 120 P2Pool shares (I think that is what the PPLNS is set to).
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Vantacor
I have multiple 650 k/h cards at your pool.  Is it better to be at the smaller share size?  I was at the larger share size buy most blocks I didn't even submit a single share.
!!! Someone mining either screwed up their address or didn't set one! You will not receive coins by doing that, you are basically donating to me. !!!

Double check your miners if you think this is you.
legendary
Yeeesss... Yeeessss... Good Good.. The old version gave me like 1000 CHN in 30 minutes ^_^
Which is nice...

Bob's pool barely gave me that in 3 hours...

I think you just got really lucky earlier, the version had nothing to do with it.
Yeeesss... Yeeessss... Good Good.. The old version gave me like 1000 CHN in 30 minutes ^_^
Which is nice...

Bob's pool barely gave me that in 3 hours...

EDIT: is adding+0.00025 to the end of the CHN address more effective for lower hashrates like I've got with that CPU computer I'm using with 10 k/hash/sec ?
I started getting larger transactions like 18, 22 but it fell back to the smaller ones now.

That was because you were getting transactions from two separate versions. One with the small transactions, and one with the big ones.

Update: I downgraded back to the old version with the small transactions. The latest version had stales that were too high for my tastes.
I'm not getting anything now anymore... Sad
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Don't know about the update. But it's been going great since I started. Now it's dying down a bit but still receiving some small payments Smiley

You should start seeing much less tiny 1-3 coin transactions. You will now see 8-30 coin transactions instead, but much less often. This should help relieve high transaction fees.

Edit: Keyword is should, I don't have any idea what the changes will actually do. Now I'm getting half coins. Cheesy

I started getting larger transactions like 18, 22 but it fell back to the smaller ones now.
I have a CPU that does 10 k/hash/sec.

I just thought that I'd get some shares if I disabled longpoll.. Smiley

Disabling longpoll won't help you get shares. Even if you did get a share, without longpoll it would more then likely be stale/orphaned.
I have a CPU that does 10 k/hash/sec.

I just thought that I'd get some shares if I disabled longpoll.. Smiley
Can this pool be ran with a no-longpoll option?
Why would you want to disable longpoll?
Pages:
Jump to: