Pages:
Author

Topic: Cofound.it ICO evaluation and mentoring platform discussion - page 33. (Read 74107 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
this will soldout before ICO lol
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
More in this post:
Hi,

great question. Yes - and no. I'll go into a bit more detail about our thinking on this - tell me what you think.

One of the functions of the token for the tokenised companies is the function of equity - regardless of how the token is actually defined. Although CFI is defined as a utility token,  for us it also represents equity. We will never sell off parts of the underlying company. The actual legal entity is like a janitor, nothing more - tokens are key.

Given that role we feel that most of the projects sell off too much tokens at the beginning of their journey. There is a reason startups do not sell 85% of their equity in the seed round. It's not about how much money they would receive for it. It's about retaining flexibility for the future. For regular startups that might include selling later, but more importantly it could serve the role of cementing the relationship with key partners. You simply cannot predict everything at the very start - it's wise to keep some sort of reserve for future flexibility.

When a company grows large enough it has to take its place in the value chain with the established players. They have two options - accept the new company or try and squish it out of existence. A share in the equity is typically used to make sure the other companies accept it - then, its success becomes their success.

Something similar holds true for tokenised companies - except that at the moment we're all so small and swimming in such a small pool that the big guys don't care about it. But what happens with Cofound.it in 2,3 years when we really grow? Our plan is to have a stash of tokens we can use to partner with the key players from the old and new economy. This reserve will be on a public address and constantly auditable by all so you can make sure we're not selling it or anything - we will communicate our plans for this transparently (but, again, not for at least 2 years).

And that is the main reason for the 25% of reserved tokens. We do not intend to use them to raise more money, but to ensure our place in the ecosystem.

20% go to purchase Cashila assets and know-how. Cofound.it is built upon the know-how and code developed by Cashila for the ICONOMI ICO and the core of the idea was developed by them, not me or Daniel. Plus, we want to make supporting Cofound.it crowdsales for people new to crypto economy as simple as possible - ideally one-click! For that we need the fiat-crypto gateway and Cashila already has one.

10% go to ICONOMI that supported Cofound.it (and still supports it) both financially and by providing guidance and access to their network.

5% are reserved for advisory team. You've seen our advisory bench and I think you have to agree that experts like those are worth it.

And 15% are reserved for the team, vested over 24 months with a 6 month cliff.

I think that Gnosis has showed that the actual % does not really impact token price. What matters is what happens to the rest - does it hit the market, causing the price to plummet, or not. Team is vested, ICONOMI considers this a long-term investment, and Cashila founders and VCs are experienced investors who realise what happens when you dump tokens so I have no fear of that.

We did not come to this decision lightly. It would be easiest for us to go the usual way and we would definitely have an easier task at communicating our crowdsale. But we are building Cofound.it for the decades ahead and have thought hard about what challenges might await us. Our token distribution strategy reflects that.

Welp, this got a bit too long - sorry Smiley

Jan

Update: 85% full in presale (public sale starts tomorrow).
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
Hi,

ICONOMI already gets 10% of Cofound.it tokens. Not sure if ICNP plans to invest.
So out of 12.5 millions tokens on sale during crowdsale,ICONOMI already own 1.25 m cofound tokens?
Hi,

ICONOMI already gets 10% of Cofound.it tokens. Not sure if ICNP plans to invest.
legendary
Hi,

we're moving funds to multisig. Here's the list: https://etherscan.io/address/0x55AE5792903b179915E10065E26610435832A3F7#internaltx

Hubs are a crucial part of our strategy. Local presence acts as a sales funnel, expert attractor and helps with project evaluation as we want to meet each team we work with in person.
Thanks for providing this info.Will ICONOMI also invest in cofound or would it be vice versa ? Sorry if it has already been answered somewhere
Hi,

we're moving funds to multisig. Here's the list: https://etherscan.io/address/0x55AE5792903b179915E10065E26610435832A3F7#internaltx

Hubs are a crucial part of our strategy. Local presence acts as a sales funnel, expert attractor and helps with project evaluation as we want to meet each team we work with in person.
legendary
What is the need of creating hubs in different places.Btw where can we verify that you got 50% investment?Can you please share the address?
Thank you for your support!
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
This is a great project, spun off from ICONOMI I think. So many "funds" are coming up, but this has a history is at least understandable. I'll be investing a bit
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
ICONOMI is built on the assumptions that there will be thousands of tokens that will need to be traded. And Cofound.it is a good-project token generation machine Smiley
I got my answer. One way or another they already working in harmonious  Cheesy

"due to unclear regulations we have added this safeguard against potential legal liability. But it's hard to determine where ETH comes from.." like this one. Smart answers  Cheesy
ICONOMI is built on the assumptions that there will be thousands of tokens that will need to be traded. And Cofound.it is a good-project token generation machine Smiley
Hey,

I assume you'll be in the same place as ICONOMI, so Slovenia is your hub.

Slovenia (done)
Taiwan (done)
London (done)
New York (in process)
Hong Kong
Shanghai
Holland
South America - Brazil
Russia
Japan
Africa - could be South Africa

1 + 10 well, you're done Jan  Cheesy

How are the hubs going to act? I think it'll be great to have chance face to face connection with potential startups, investors, or someone who interests. That'll give a lot of options I guess. One more thing. Can we say that the whole Cofound operation will be in harmonious with ICONOMI.
Hey,

great question! And - no, can't really give a full answer yet. We know we'll start in Taiwan (already there), London (already there), NYC (need somebody there). Then HK or Shanghai, but we'll need to establish local contacts to find good people and ambassadors. Probably one in Holland where we're partnering with an established local accelerator (to be published in the future) who will help some of our projects scale. Still on to-do list - South America (although I'm probably going to Sao Paolo soon where our partners Agentic Group have a good local network), Russia, Japan, at least one if not two in Africa..

Always happy to hear suggestions, too - if your area is a blockchain hotspot, let me know Smiley I was in TX recently and was blown away by all the amazing blockchain people and projects there and I'm sure there are tons of places like that.
Our 24h update: https://blog.cofound.it/24-hours-recap-over-7m-priority-pass-contributions-first-three-cofound-it-projects-launched-ea183989c922

Highlights: Over $7M Priority Pass contributions, first three Cofound.it projects launched with Santiment, Musiconomi and X8 Currency joining the exclusive group of Cofound.it projects. Cofound.it Priority Pass members will receive exclusive early access to their crowdsales.

Jan, can you give us more details about the hubs?
Europe, Taiwan, New York. And what about the other. Because as I understand if you reach 12.5m there will be 10 hubs and the Europe hub.
Our 24h update: https://blog.cofound.it/24-hours-recap-over-7m-priority-pass-contributions-first-three-cofound-it-projects-launched-ea183989c922

Highlights: Over $7M Priority Pass contributions, first three Cofound.it projects launched with Santiment, Musiconomi and X8 Currency joining the exclusive group of Cofound.it projects. Cofound.it Priority Pass members will receive exclusive early access to their crowdsales.
Thank you for your support! 50% done, 50% to go.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
Hey,

IM me here on our slack. We'll sort it out.

Jan

Thank you Jan.

Investment is done  Cheesy
legendary
I got email today that I am on whitelist.I hope I am not late to invest in
Hey,

IM me here on our slack. We'll sort it out.

Jan
Pages:
Jump to: