Pages:
Author

Topic: Cofound.it ICO evaluation and mentoring platform discussion - page 8. (Read 74107 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Dead Project Huh
No absolutely not. Wait for olympic games.

Dead until they come up with something interesting for investors to come back to this project and increase the value of CFI.Not sure how many more months we are going to see for this to happen.
in total, the project was supported by 1,521 investors, the average amount of investments was 37,315 ETH, but now it is not very clear what will happen next, we need to wait
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
Meet the Cofound.it team in person

With both feet firmly in the new year, the blockchain space is again teeming with events and conferences full of new ideas on how to take this emerging new economy one step further. These events also present an excellent chance for all of us who are actively participating in this ecosystem to meet in person, exchange ideas and forge new partnerships and connections.

To keep in touch with all things new in crypto and to bring the Cofound.it brand closer to the world we’ll be at the major and not-so-major events around the globe presenting our business’ offerings. And since we certainly don’t know everything we’ll be looking for new partners and acquaintances as well.

If you want to talk shop, get a few questions answered or just drop by and say “hi”, you’re more than welcome. We’ll be at the following events in the next few months. Hope to see you soon!

Activity: 588
Merit: 253
ICO 3.0 — towards a new asset class

There is a good reason retail chains do not issue loyalty points to raise funds, but issue stocks. A share of equity is and remains the most obvious way of returning value to investors. The value of company equity is based on actual business performance, the value of developed technology, the strength of the team — and not on whims of a chaotic crypto marketplace. A week ago most blockchain project tokens lost over 50% of their token market cap in the past few days while remaining equally valuable as a company.

Innovative blockchain startups defined their tokens as equity back in 2016. However, the tightening regulation based around securities law forced all crowdfunded blockchain startups into developing methods of combining value return with actual token utility. This can work for blockchain startups building platforms and protocols, but is by no means universal. Most of the tokens described in the whitepapers of 2017 were “Franken-tokens” — an artificial combo of value return with pure utility that mostly failed in achieving either.

It is obvious we need a new asset class: securites tokens that enable separating equity investing from utility tokens. This equity must be available to all, not subject to draconian securities regulation that seems to exist to make the rich get richer while preventing the participation of everyone else. Some countries already accept this reality — the proposed Russian legislation that would allow anyone to participate up to a certain amount seems a solid step towards the goal of the democratization of investing.

As the securities element is separated from the utility, utility tokens can be designed specifically for the utility a blockchain startup needs — to facilitate payments, incentivize behaviour, help attract new users, make users committed to adding long term value to a product and other kinds of business magic. The fact that pure utility tokens do not include an explicit value return mechanism does not make them valueless. On the contrary, worth can now be more clearly and more easily correlated to a blockchain startup’s success in growing their network of customers and users.

In addition, if a blockchain startup receives equity investment, the pure utility tokens could be airdropped to project supporters for free. The resulting tokens would be compliant with all legacy securities regulation worldwide. Additional benefits could include much simpler listing on exchanges and access to supporters worldwide, as the pure utility tokens should be unaffected by any existing ICO bans.

As we go into 2018, the token economy space will continue to evolve quickly, as it has in the past. We believe that the equity/utility split is a good next step for many blockchain startups as we wait for the new asset class to develop. We’ve been working for months with our legal team and advisors to develop the idea and define the optimal legal token crowdsale framework that will give maximum value to blockchain startups, their supporters, and the Cofound.it CFI holder community while ensuring legal compliance worldwide. We’re finally close to finishing it and hope to announce the full details by the end of the month.

Your feedback is always welcome! Join our Telegram group and tell us what you think. Be sure to join our mailing list, it’s the best way to keep in touch with our latest news.

https://blog.cofound.it/ico-3-0-towards-a-new-asset-class-d2f4c141052e
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Dead Project Huh

Dead until they come up with something interesting for investors to come back to this project and increase the value of CFI.Not sure how many more months we are going to see for this to happen.
Activity: 97
Merit: 0
Dead Project Huh
updated the site! a good start to the year Wink
Activity: 1
Dead Project Huh
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
Dead Project Huh
Activity: 54
Too bad that many investors losing their belief on this project just because of team attitude.

I like this project I really do. Been following it for some time. The team is definitely more active on twitter than what they are on this site. I bought in at a dip but sold it after 50% profit. My reason for currently holding long term is simple; not enough exposure. I had to do more research on this coin than many other coins I like to invest in simply because information is not out there slapping you in the face. A simple "CFI ANN" will reveal my concern, nothing significant pops up. The community of this coin while great is still very small to generate enough noise. I Haven't been able to find a roadmap for 2018, no direct or news worthy updates on twitter, last update on the CFI blog was on Dec 13, that's exactly one month ago. It shouldn't be this hard to to get all this info, specially

There just isn't enough readily information about this project at this time to attract the masses. We got "lazy" new money coming into Crypto daily and information is not readily out there no one will bite.

From my research I can say that every coin with a good team will mature in due time. I do think this coin will rise in value but it's still early for me to invest. This is one of those coins that will take 2-3 years post ICO to blow up.  Best of luck and Hodl!
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055
there is a modest simple discussion post on ethfinex for supporting cofound it tokens. please share, upvote, comment!
----the name is:
Cofound.it ICO tokens teams support

there are 16 views up here. make it 100 hundreds and we will get attention :
 https://www.ethfinex.com/discussions/social_subcategory/2/topic/37/cofound-it-ico-tokens-teams-support

make some noise!
Activity: 966
Too bad that many investors losing their belief on this project just because of team attitude.

They can even come back and do good marketing and make a success of the project.This too going the iconomi way where they decided to do away with this forum after a lot of fud/troll in the project.

As you said they are related with Iconomi somehow and they knew their communication ways. But they chose to be active in here and they abandoned BTT after a while.

Iconomi does have some people from their marketing team available on the forum to respond to user queries but to a limited extent, but in this case, it is totally opposite.Hope they do improve this lack of communication.

Hope they will. They had communication experience with Iconomi. And they chose to be here while collecting money. But like many other projects after money they abandoned.
legendary
Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

They can even come back and do good marketing and make a success of the project.This too going the iconomi way where they decided to do away with this forum after a lot of fud/troll in the project.

As you said they are related with Iconomi somehow and they knew their communication ways. But they chose to be active in here and they abandoned BTT after a while.

Iconomi does have some people from their marketing team available on the forum to respond to user queries but to a limited extent, but in this case, it is totally opposite.Hope they do improve this lack of communication.

legendary
Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000
Developers are joking with us.
This has already been said in the slack and their response is that they are not worried about the price of the coin. It would be nice if they had said that before launching CFI on Bittrex.
What do they say about current developing and future plans?

I'm pretty sure it's the developer who is pouring CFI into the exchanges bringing down the value.

Won't they be having some coins locked for a certain period?I don't think this seems to be a true case with the current dumping.People are losing hope with less to nothing updates from the team.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
This has already been said in the slack and their response is that they are not worried about the price of the coin. It would be nice if they had said that before launching CFI on Bittrex.

I'm pretty sure it's the developer who is pouring CFI into the exchanges bringing down the value.
Activity: 15
Activity: 365
Merit: 103
It's a pity for the project, but it seems that the team doesn't put much effort in it...
What are do you guys think, its worth holding?

Does that mean they don't care their investors? Too bad. Luckily I sold all of my CFI tokens while ago Angry
Activity: 498
Merit: 250
Aaaaaahhhh what a dump ..!!! Angry
Pages:
Jump to: