Pages:
Author

Topic: COINDASH - Future of trading - Token Sale 17th July 2017 - page 33. (Read 198664 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Never too old to learn
let me think about this situation clearly,

1. i make announcement " hey everybody, i will launch the ico, this is the apps we would use ( going to hire some ultra beginer developer to make beta apps ) "
2. i advertise my ico launch date
3. when ico date comes, i make a new eth wallet in MEW then i put it on website.
4. i watch the eth coming to my New Eth wallet i just made
5. when i check it reach 7 million and i feel its enough for me i write in ann thread and twitter " hello my fellow supporter and investor, our website is getting hacked and hacker put his address on it "
6. i let people reacting...screaming...
7. i announce to people " hei my fellow supporter and investor, dont worry we will send you our token even if you send it to hacker address ( the fact its also my address )
8. i act like a hero who put my money on this project because of hacker.

this is just my negative though

however we did not know what is really happened, right now

This is scary indeed and would make sense. That would make their life a lot more easier. Because there are no obligations anymore, just some kind of volunteer job?

it just comes up to my head any scenario could be possible in this situation,...the only people who knows the truth is coindash team, if it is hacked they can track the logs..etc..
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
The question is will TaaS get their eth back?

https://medium.com/@Taas/taas-invests-500-eth-in-coindash-a-crypto-based-social-trading-platform-14a6055c5fd8

Because if so the people on the white list better get their eth back too

They should be refunded instantly, since the coindash team has the whitelist address ETH total I think anyway.

They should not refund whitelisted adresses as that would be extremely unfair to all other participants. Only 'fair' way to refund some of the ether would be to re-distribute it proportionally to everyone (so including those that send to the fake address from their mainpage).

Other option is issuing worthless tokens to everyone. I guess we're screwed out of at least part of our money either way.

How is it unfair? They have the ETH from those who used the whitelist address! That means they should refund those people/companies. Re-distributing someone elses eth to everyone isn't fair. It belongs to the rightful owners.
They are issuing them worthless tokens to everyone who sent via fake address.  

Luckily I didn't send any ETH cause devs were shady asf today. ICO's lately are just pure scams, waste of time.

I learned. I will never invest in an ico.. Because 99% the price is after the ico lower so i just buy coins/tokens if i see company dev make good job..

Good,  you learned a lesson. Sadly not many people are like you... many will run to the next ICO in 1 week claiming "this time it's different! this next ICO world supercomputer VR AI crypto operating system is the real deal!"
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Here is official announcement from official website CoinDash
"Dear CoinDash contributors,

It is unfortunate for us to announce that we have suffered a hacking attack during our Token Sale event. During the attack $7 Million were stolen by a currently unknown perpetrator. The CoinDash Token Sale secured $6.4 Million from our early contributors and whitelist participants and we are grateful for your support and contribution.

CoinDash is responsible to all of its contributors and will send CDTs reflective of each contribution. Contributors that sent ETH to the fraudulent Ethereum address, which was maliciously placed on our website, and sent ETH to the CoinDash.io official address will receive their CDT tokens accordingly. Transactions sent to any fraudulent address after our website was shut down will not be compensated.

This was a damaging event to both our contributors and our company but it is surely not the end of our project. We are looking into the security breach and will update you all as soon as possible about the findings.

The CoinDash vision, product and team will continue to live on. We will be fast to recover and we will create the future of trading.

Reminder: We are still under attack. Please do not send any ETH to any address, as the Token Sale has been terminated.

More information will be published on our social channels and our website.

-CoinDash Team"
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
Ganja <3

https://medium.com/@Taas/taas-invests-500-eth-in-coindash-a-crypto-based-social-trading-platform-14a6055c5fd8

They should be refunded instantly, since the coindash team has the whitelist address ETH total I think anyway.

They should not refund whitelisted adresses as that would be extremely unfair to all other participants. Only 'fair' way to refund some of the ether would be to re-distribute it proportionally to everyone (so including those that send to the fake address from their mainpage).

Other option is issuing worthless tokens to everyone. I guess we're screwed out of at least part of our money either way.

How is it unfair? They have the ETH from those who used the whitelist address! That means they should refund those people/companies. Re-distributing someone elses eth to everyone isn't fair. It belongs to the rightful owners.

Luckily I didn't send any ETH cause devs were shady asf today. ICO's lately are just pure scams, waste of time.

I learned. I will never invest in an ico.. Because 99% the price is after the ico lower so i just buy coins/tokens if i see company dev make good job..
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
If this shit is true then you guys just fucked Crypto. No way any 'normal' person is ever trusting crypto's again.

Please don't equate ICOs with crypto-currencies. And if people will never trust ICOs again after this, then that is a good thing.
Activity: 322
Merit: 102

It is not fair because it is their fault that people send it to the wrong address. There should be no priority treatment on those whitelisted addresses other than guaranteed participation. Definitely not preference on refunds. They have access to all addresses that participated through the logs of the fake address. If they start refunding they should include everyone.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1012
fucking Jews, they fucking me hard  Angry i lost a lot of money in this shit  Angry
probably this is my last ICO !!
Activity: 210
Merit: 101
Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto
Its not their fault .. People are Foolish and selfish .. they only want profits and easy money .. they  just ignore everything and invest without thinking in a race to earn money without efforts.

They use your weakness and greed against you to rob you off your money!!

Another such scam is already ongoing ...  EOS .. hope people will learn from this and make decision more sensibly next time.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Guys the website is back but it makes me login with my gmail and i enter the beta page
It's their beta app, but better don't use it for now as could be compromised (to steal data) as well as that wordpress landing.
Activity: 112
What can we do in the future for something like this will not happen again.
I really think, we all think about it.

They are certainly here some people who are qualified to investigate. Is it possible to create a team for that ?
you know a person who can tell uss if a website has a very good security or not etc

Research better the ICOs you donate to maybe? I've seen some ICOs that put up videos with the developers holding a sign with the donation addresses. A video can't be hacked so I guess it is a start.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 210
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
7 million has been stolen like this ?? they should rollback ...
I doubt they will rollback the blockhain for this  , and most likely this coin has lost all volume and it will be dumped as soon as possible ,  even if the people who sent eth to the fake address will receive the coin , the devs have no funds to proceed with this project , making this coin worthless.
DEV So where is this announcement HuhHuh
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
let me think about this situation clearly,

1. i make announcement " hey everybody, i will launch the ico, this is the apps we would use ( going to hire some ultra beginer developer to make beta apps ) "
2. i advertise my ico launch date
3. when ico date comes, i make a new eth wallet in MEW then i put it on website.
4. i watch the eth coming to my New Eth wallet i just made
5. when i check it reach 7 million and i feel its enough for me i write in ann thread and twitter " hello my fellow supporter and investor, our website is getting hacked and hacker put his address on it "
6. i let people reacting...screaming...
7. i announce to people " hei my fellow supporter and investor, dont worry we will send you our token even if you send it to hacker address ( the fact its also my address )
8. i act like a hero who put my money on this project because of hacker.

this is just my negative though

however we did not know what is really happened, right now

This is scary indeed and would make sense. That would make their life a lot more easier. Because there are no obligations anymore, just some kind of volunteer job?
Activity: 32
Here are all the team members, please save these images before they get pulled down!
I was wondering if someone is registered with Bitcointalk but never found anyone. Then I'll keep these search results on LinkedIn nearby, here are these Coindash employees/ profiles: Eli, Alon, Roy, Adam, and Ram, for example.

At least some point of contact if the outcome proves bad.
Activity: 420
What can we do in the future for something like this will not happen again.
I really think, we all think about it.

They are certainly here some people who are qualified to investigate. Is it possible to create a team for that ?
you know a person who can tell uss if a website has a very good security or not etc

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

They're not going to roll back ETH which could potentially fuck it up even further in terms of ETH's current price.

Incompetent devs like coindash should be ashamed. They are pathetic.
Activity: 128
It's unbelievable. Scam or just incompetence? Either way, it's a shame.
Yes , but now we have to wait for their reply , I guess they are discussing now .
Activity: 21
Guys the website is back but it makes me login with my gmail and i enter the beta page
Pages:
Jump to: