Author

Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread. - page 153. (Read 211708 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Sorry for the delay, here is the update on the current situation:

Why is trading still paused?
A new team member has discovered some bugs in the trading engine. They need to be fixed to avoid exploitation and maintain integrity.
We are re-writing the whole engine as we speak. Among other things, the new engine will propely indicate buys and sells in the market history.

Why is the site going down so often today?
After moving large amounts of altcoins to cold (secure) storage, our wallets were left with a large amount of small unspent inputs.
These inputs are generated by people who mine directly to our deposit addresses, using small automatic payments from pools.
When a withdrawal fails because too many unspent inputs must be combined, the coindaemon throws an error: transaction too large.
What are we doing to prevent this? We will manually consolidate the inputs by sending coins to ourselves.
This can take some hours, but its not a major issue. After this, the coindaemon will be able to choose less inputs for withdrawals.

Our system is configured to stop on any unexpected condition, at all times.
This is why the server is going down - we have to manually restart it after a coindaemon error.
This is the same protection that has prevented people from exploiting bugs - its important to "crash" on any unexpected condition.
We carefully inspect all error messages before restarting the Node.js process. Having this protection will make us alot better in the long run.

Also, because of the Mt.Gox situation, withdraw volumes have increased on all exchanges.
Because of this, we have to re-fill our hot wallets, multiple times per day. Usually its the other way around.
Another effect of increasing withdrawal volumes is that the coindaemons run out of "large" unspent inputs and start combining the dust from mining deposits.

What happens to stuck deposits, withdrawals and other support requests from the last pages on this thread?
Less than 0.5% of users have a stuck transaction. Mostly because of e-mail delivery issues (working on them aswell).
All recent support requests will be handled in 4-24 hours, starting now (already handling some).

If your confirmed withdrawal failed without an txid, dont worry. We will manually resend these later.

We are hiring more people - another Node.js/crypto developer and 3 additional support team members from different timezones around the world.
If you happen to be (or know) an expert in Node.js, feel free to contact us.

We will start moving our infrastructure to a production-ready datacentre as soon as the dust settles.
Websockets-based realtime UI is ready and will be deployed next week.

While the markets are paused, everybody can still cancel orders and make withdrawals.
We expect to resume normal operation in 24 hours or less.

Support Team Member?
Activity: 7
try buy some coins
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
KlondikeCoin - KDC - Join the Gold Rush Now!
Thanks for the update.

No guys, you can still withdraw unless you are that very small percentage that has stuck transactions

ok so I guess the question is.. When will the site be online again so we can withdraw?

It's up for me at the moment

EDIT: and I processed a withdrawal without any issues. I will be back when the markets resume, good luck with the updates!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Thanks for the update.

No guys, you can still withdraw unless you are that very small percentage that has stuck transactions

ok so I guess the question is.. When will the site be online again so we can withdraw?
Thanks for the update.

are you saying its going to take 1 week for us to even withdraw our coins?
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Thanks for the update on the situation!
when will I be able to access my coins and get them back??
Activity: 15
Thank you very much for the update. Smiley
Activity: 98
Sorry for the delay, here is the update on the current situation:

Why is trading still paused?
A new team member has discovered some bugs in the trading engine. They need to be fixed to avoid exploitation and maintain integrity.
We are re-writing the whole engine as we speak. Among other things, the new engine will propely indicate buys and sells in the market history.

Why is the site going down so often today?
After moving large amounts of altcoins to cold (secure) storage, our wallets were left with a large amount of small unspent inputs.
These inputs are generated by people who mine directly to our deposit addresses, using small automatic payments from pools.
When a withdrawal fails because too many unspent inputs must be combined, the coindaemon throws an error: transaction too large.
What are we doing to prevent this? We will manually consolidate the inputs by sending coins to ourselves.
This can take some hours, but its not a major issue. After this, the coindaemon will be able to choose less inputs for withdrawals.

Our system is configured to stop on any unexpected condition, at all times.
This is why the server is going down - we have to manually restart it after a coindaemon error.
This is the same protection that has prevented people from exploiting bugs - its important to "crash" on any unexpected condition.
We carefully inspect all error messages before restarting the Node.js process. Having this protection will make us alot better in the long run.

Also, because of the Mt.Gox situation, withdraw volumes have increased on all exchanges.
Because of this, we have to re-fill our hot wallets, multiple times per day. Usually its the other way around.
Another effect of increasing withdrawal volumes is that the coindaemons run out of "large" unspent inputs and start combining the dust from mining deposits.

What happens to stuck deposits, withdrawals and other support requests from the last pages on this thread?
Less than 0.5% of users have a stuck transaction. Mostly because of e-mail delivery issues (working on them aswell).
All recent support requests will be handled in 4-24 hours, starting now (already handling some).

If your confirmed withdrawal failed without an txid, dont worry. We will manually resend these later.

We are hiring more people - another Node.js/crypto developer and 3 additional support team members from different timezones around the world.
If you happen to be (or know) an expert in Node.js, feel free to contact us.

We will start moving our infrastructure to a production-ready datacentre as soon as the dust settles.
Websockets-based realtime UI is ready and will be deployed next week.

While the markets are paused, everybody can still cancel orders and make withdrawals.
We expect to resume normal operation in 24 hours or less.
CoinMarket.io Because the speed matters  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Think about it

I think that's on purpose, to do any games ... now there's a lot of old orders and prices in other markets have changed ... they will buy them just before they launched the site and sold to other markets .... Undecided

can not tell us anything .... it's just a waste of time

Shocked maybe that happened with the 7BTC buy order on Mint, it went offline they bought it and put it back online and sold it on mintpal or cryptsy... you never know....
legendary
Think about it

I think that's on purpose, to do any games ... now there's a lot of old orders and prices in other markets have changed ... they will buy them just before they launched the site and sold to other markets .... Undecided

can not tell us anything .... it's just a waste of time
@CoinMarket.io when you end maintenance on website ? why you don't tell about any problems on twitter ?
legendary
Still don't understand how people are supporting their customers. Taking care of your customer is soooo important, when something goes wrong, update it on the website, twitter, facebook, etc...
legendary
With the current debacle surrounding MtGox, then trust is certainly very high on the agenda for anyone at the moment.  So without updates and support even during a beta phase, people will very quickly get nervous about their funds.

Im guilty of this myself as I have requested a withdrawl, and no confirmation request email has arrived, so now Im stuck.  Undecided

Anyway, if he steal money then someone need to kill him!!!! Cheesy right?

Edit: Wondering what will happen with those guys from mtgox, if they indeed lost $350,000,000 then i'm sure that some people will not be happy, luckily they don't life in Mexico Smiley
Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
With the current debacle surrounding MtGox, then trust is certainly very high on the agenda for anyone at the moment.  So without updates and support even during a beta phase, people will very quickly get nervous about their funds.

Im guilty of this myself as I have requested a withdrawl, and no confirmation request email has arrived, so now Im stuck.  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 896
I do find it intriguing how everyone is brazenly bashing even though this is still in a stipulated "beta." This implies two things: 1) Don't put more than you can afford to lose into coinmarket.io and 2) Don't expect the system to be perfect, i.e. expect long downtimes.

I know it also doesn't mean that the site should keep users in the dark especially when there is a trust factor implicitly there, so bad on them too.

But come on, we really need cooler heads to prevail.

To be fair, no-one is really bashing, just asking for an update Smiley

Coinmarket are only hurting themselves at the moment. People don't mind downtime on a beta, they do mind being kept in the dark when they have actual money invested, regardless if that's $1 or $1000. In the current wild west of crypto currency trust is very, very important as so many people have just gone dark and stolen coins.

Completely agree. I take that "bashing" isn't the correct word. More like vitriolic frustration. Hehe.

Yes, that's the think that is hurting coinmarket.io. Their aim is to become a go-to exchange. And they aren't doing themselves any favors by not providing updates (even if they are in a "beta"). As you said trust is very important in the crypto-currency scene and this is one of those key make it or break it moments.

That said, some of the worst things to do during uncertainty like this is to panic or get aggressive. But it's understandable.
why is the exchange down?
KlondikeCoin - KDC - Join the Gold Rush Now!
Is coinmarket.io again down? Why are they not added more coins? They were looking very strong to become the next cryptsy and then suddenly they stop adding coins, volume dropped a lot, and not a lot of noises from the owner. Why is he not promoting his exchange? With .15% fee he can earn a lot of BTCs EVERY DAY, look at cryptsy, that guy earns +20BTC per day....

But when it works, it's awesome. Sooooo much faster than pretty much every other exchange. Hopefully they are just struggling with the MINT volume.
Jump to: