Pages:
Author

Topic: COINOTRON pool - BTC pool closed, please withdraw your coins. - page 4. (Read 61845 times)

Activity: 516
Merit: 500
CAT.EX Exchange
Mining LTC on Coinotron has a higher rejection (stale) rate than other pools. It is 5+%. It is because the miner-difficulty is too high.

So far the pool finds a block every 11.8 minutes. My miner generate a share every 1.7 min. When the pool finds a block and "close the door for the round", I have have a probability of 1.7min /2  / 11.8min = 5.5% not being able to register the work I have done with the pool. I measured the actual stale rate in 12 hours and it is 5.2%, in good agreement iwth my estimate.

So how can I set the difficulty for me lower? It is 198 now (my miner is 160kH/s). I would like to get the difficulty 60 or lower.

Same thing happens to me but much worse! I am trying to mine TRC but can hardly submit a share when difficulty is low. With frequent new blocks, my reject/stale/discard rate is sky high. Please either lower the difficulty or provide an option to choose our own difficulty. Much appreciated.

My questions were answered here in the alcoin thread for Coinotron  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2034215

But the problem remains (and getting worse)
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I think your guys' hot wallet is empty again for LTC. Any chance you can re-up it? Cheesy
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
Newb here...Mining litecoin with 650 hash/second. Few weeks in and i have a bit over 14 Confirmed rewards. I was wondering why it wouldn't pay out and noticed the box where you can set your payout threshold. I set it just below what Ive got confirmed and its been a couple hours with no payout. Is there something i am missing? I'm not in a panic for them...i just want to get my first deposit into my wallet.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Mining LTC on Coinotron has a higher rejection (stale) rate than other pools. It is 5+%. It is because the miner-difficulty is too high.

So far the pool finds a block every 11.8 minutes. My miner generate a share every 1.7 min. When the pool finds a block and "close the door for the round", I have have a probability of 1.7min /2  / 11.8min = 5.5% not being able to register the work I have done with the pool. I measured the actual stale rate in 12 hours and it is 5.2%, in good agreement iwth my estimate.

So how can I set the difficulty for me lower? It is 198 now (my miner is 160kH/s). I would like to get the difficulty 60 or lower.

Same thing happens to me but much worse! I am trying to mine TRC but can hardly submit a share when difficulty is low. With frequent new blocks, my reject/stale/discard rate is sky high. Please either lower the difficulty or provide an option to choose our own difficulty. Much appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000
MY FRC rewards haven't been paid out. Maybe the hot wallet has ran out because of sudden popularity? Wink

Same issue with PPC/LTC...  Roll Eyes

I'm sorry for that.
FRC, LTC Hot wallets were empty today morning.
All withdrawals have been sent ASAP
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
MY FRC rewards haven't been paid out. Maybe the hot wallet has ran out because of sudden popularity? Wink

Same issue with PPC/LTC...  Roll Eyes
CAT.EX Exchange

Activity: 658
CAT.EX Exchange
Is the withdrawal limit (without fee) 10 for PPC ? The Reward System page says so but I am not sure if it is up-to-date, because it also says the limit for LTC is 1 (in contradiction with the red statements in My Account page).
Activity: 434
I know how DGM works(ish). and your delusional to think I am going to get paid 3 BTC from the blocks that were solved 6 weeks ago. Or makeup that loss over the next blocks.

From the time of last post, I left 500mh on coinotron, and put 500mh on a different DGM pool.
Coinotron still the exact same balance as two days ago. Already up to .08 btc on the other pool. Coinotron; not a single number has changed in two days.

And your going to tell me my missing 3+btc is your DGM? hmmm. I'll get flamed; but its clearly the pool op skimming off the top. Maybe I am wrong, but this pool is trash ether way.

Coinotron's statistics page shows the last block found was on 4-17. Once a block is eventually found, miners will get paid based on their DGM scores. No, you don't get your 3 "missing" BTC because it isn't missing. It's a long round, and everyone shares the bad luck. Just like in short rounds, you'd all share the additional profit (and make more than PPS would have paid for the short round). Over a long period of time, the good luck equals the bad luck (in a mathematical sense) and it evens out. Of course, any stretch of good or bad luck could last for years, being random and all.
Activity: 65
This pool is some type of scam. Have been mining on this site for 26 days w/ 1.5gh. Over the past 7 days my total reward has only changed from .22btc to .24btc.. Missing over a full BTC from this month. My miners are not having problems. Shares are accepted. pool sucks

1. Pool uses DGM method, not PPS
2. In last 7 days pool didn't find a block.
3. Your total reward includes only estimation of current round reward.
4. DGM is a hybrid between PPLNS and the geometric method. That geometric part is responsible for behavior you are observing. It is hard to explain more accurately without going into technical details. DGM algorithm is described here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/double-geometric-method-hopping-proof-low-variance-reward-system-39497
5. DGM will add those "missing" coins to your balance in next few rounds.

I know how DGM works(ish). and your delusional to think I am going to get paid 3 BTC from the blocks that were solved 6 weeks ago. Or makeup that loss over the next blocks.

From the time of last post, I left 500mh on coinotron, and put 500mh on a different DGM pool.
Coinotron still the exact same balance as two days ago. Already up to .08 btc on the other pool. Coinotron; not a single number has changed in two days.

And your going to tell me my missing 3+btc is your DGM? hmmm. I'll get flamed; but its clearly the pool op skimming off the top. Maybe I am wrong, but this pool is trash ether way.
Activity: 168
I personally can't connect to LTC pool at the mo, not sure why or if others are having the same problem  Huh
Activity: 238
uh, pool down? 
Activity: 196
getting an incredible amount of stales mining litecoin here...never have before...sup?  think your server needs a reboot.

and why is the difficulty set so high?  26.5 mil?   diff for litecoin is 400 something.  someone please explain.
Activity: 575
Ye something is up with it, threshold can't be changed and automatic payment not working it seems.
Activity: 658
I can't change any payment thresholds, it says "Change data successful" but nothing changes.
Activity: 1036
Yeah, the problem is coinotron is essentially a LTC pool now.

LTC miners outnumber BTC miners by around 200-1, so finding blocks is gonna be very tough, even with youpieie pulling 30k mh/s
legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000
This pool is some type of scam. Have been mining on this site for 26 days w/ 1.5gh. Over the past 7 days my total reward has only changed from .22btc to .24btc.. Missing over a full BTC from this month. My miners are not having problems. Shares are accepted. pool sucks

1. Pool uses DGM method, not PPS
2. In last 7 days pool didn't find a block.
3. Your total reward includes only estimation of current round reward.
4. DGM is a hybrid between PPLNS and the geometric method. That geometric part is responsible for behavior you are observing. It is hard to explain more accurately without going into technical details. DGM algorithm is described here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/double-geometric-method-hopping-proof-low-variance-reward-system-39497
5. DGM will add those "missing" coins to your balance in next few rounds.
Activity: 65
Activity: 114
Thank you for the valuable explanation. I let it run all night and checked the actual shares earned in the morning, and I am mining the expected number of coins.
Pages:
Jump to: