Pages:
Author

Topic: Cointerra Mining ASIC coming soon - page 11. (Read 35548 times)

Activity: 493
Merit: 500
Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!
August 06, 2013, 05:42:23 AM

Notice that the 10x increase in power efficiency rumor has already started to propagate and has found its way into this article. Cointerra suggested that this was not going to be achievable a couple of days ago (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2867038).
Activity: 702
August 06, 2013, 05:39:57 AM
So you guys are saying that the boxes that KnC are currently pre-selling for $7000 and BitFury are preselling for $8000 for October delivery would struggle to be priced for December delivery at $1000?   That seems like a very steep price decrease and I think you might be over-egging the devaluation... and if anyone really believed that, no one would buy a $7000 box for October!

Wow. December? Good luck with that one! You're 2 months too late. It better be like 1000 for 400GH

Ya that's the prob with all of this a getting roi back, even 1k by dec might be a stretch :/
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
August 06, 2013, 05:36:49 AM
I'm still wondering about the actual level of protection under section 75, given the Terms you accepted when you ordered stipulated it was a business sale and you admitted to be a business.

So, one of the two or both is/are acting in bad faith. You're acting in bad faith because you claim to do the trade as an individual (i.e. not a business) to be covered by S75 or a business (which you are not) to be able to buy from them (circumventing the Terms) and they're acting in bad faith because they don't want to offer the necessary security for private customers (and no warranty) - but this is more debatable.

Did you have a lawyer look it over? (apologies if it was mentioned already, TL;DR)

I'm going to look at the same question over here (different laws, different judges).

I doubt it'll be that big of an issue,  KnC's refund policy is that you can ask for a refund at any time until they ship your unit. If they turn out to be a scam and violate their refund policy then it shouldn't be too hard to sue them, as we know who they are and Bitcoinorama and KnC are both in the EU.

Nah, shouldn't be that hard to sue them.  We'll do it the same ol' way we handled Pirateat40 -- we'll rant all sorts of vengeance on these boards & wait for our parents the bankers to do something.  
BTW, what does KNC doing in this thread?  Are they on iffy terms with reality too?

Indeed.

S75 applies to everyone else too, this is not about them per se.
KS
Activity: 448
August 06, 2013, 05:34:54 AM
I'm still wondering about the actual level of protection under section 75, given the Terms you accepted when you ordered stipulated it was a business sale and you admitted to be a business.

So, one of the two or both is/are acting in bad faith. You're acting in bad faith because you claim to do the trade as an individual (i.e. not a business) to be covered by S75 or a business (which you are not) to be able to buy from them (circumventing the Terms) and they're acting in bad faith because they don't want to offer the necessary security for private customers (and no warranty) - but this is more debatable.

Did you have a lawyer look it over? (apologies if it was mentioned already, TL;DR)

I'm going to look at the same question over here (different laws, different judges).

I doubt it'll be that big of an issue,  KnC's refund policy is that you can ask for a refund at any time until they ship your unit. If they turn out to be a scam and violate their refund policy then it shouldn't be too hard to sue them, as we know who they are and Bitcoinorama and KnC are both in the EU.

What happens if they send you an overpriced toaster ? So yes, you can sue, but as a "business" (not the same warranty as a private person/consumer) and it becomes very expensive. That's quite a bit different from doing a chargeback under S75.
Activity: 552
August 06, 2013, 01:08:52 AM

Wow. December? Good luck with that one! You're 2 months too late. It better be like 1000 for 400GH

Ya that's the prob with all of this a getting roi back, even 1k by dec might be a stretch :/
Activity: 434
August 05, 2013, 08:54:51 PM
Realistic like the article right under it which was a hoax?

edit - Fyi i do think this cointerra is credible, just having some fun. But in the article i see,

"They plan on starting pre-orders by the end of the month, with production scheduled for December."

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
August 05, 2013, 08:42:55 PM
Can you find my photo at The Hole in the Wall?

I love that place.  Discovered Woody Pines there during SX.  Great music and new favorite band, even for a normally 100% dubstep type.

Damn, I would kill for a margarita now.   Tongue

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 05, 2013, 08:38:47 PM
^I believe that's Gov Perry on the left.  Can't tell for sure with that cap hiding his Good Hair.
Could be.  But it looks more like Josh Zerlan to me.
legendary
August 05, 2013, 08:35:01 PM
What about the time Texas Governor Rick Perry shot a man dead, just to watch him die?  That was very popular.   Cheesy
Grin  Grin No, no, no.  While I do have a photo of the Gov holding his 44 magnum Ruger over his head walking in downtown Austin, I'm fairly sure what you cite is an urban myth.  

He did shoot a coyote one morning while jogging, but in self defense.  

"Coyote" is slang for a human smuggler who helps Mexcan wetbacks invade our Blessed Amercan Homeland.

^I believe that's Gov Perry on the left.  Can't tell for sure with that cap hiding his Good Hair.

That coyote deserved its fate.  Rick Perry For Presdent 2016!  Wink
August 05, 2013, 08:23:27 PM
What about the time Texas Governor Rick Perry shot a man dead, just to watch him die?  That was very popular.   Cheesy
Grin  Grin No, no, no.  While I do have a photo of the Gov holding his 44 magnum Ruger over his head walking in downtown Austin, I'm fairly sure what you cite is an urban myth.  

He did shoot a coyote one morning while jogging, but in self defense.  
legendary
August 05, 2013, 08:16:20 PM
Thanks for rooting for Cointerra! We will make all Texans proud Smiley
Most real Texans aren't proud of anything that goes on in Austin, with the possible exception of football.  And then, only some years.   Cheesy

What about the time Texas Governor Rick Perry shot a man dead, just to watch him die?  That was very popular.   Cheesy
August 05, 2013, 06:45:06 PM
We're back next month; I'll check then.

If you frequent such places, and find yourself in Denver for a conference or because you slept past your bus stop, check out the Satire Lounge on Colfax.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
August 05, 2013, 06:29:13 PM
He earned the distinction of being the 2nd person I have ignored.
Assuming I'm not the one sharing that distinction, I meant to ask you earlier:  based on something you wrote, might the phrase "hook 'em" have some meaning to you?
August 05, 2013, 06:15:00 PM
He earned the distinction of being the 2nd person I have ignored.
Assuming I'm not the one sharing that distinction, I meant to ask you earlier:  based on something you wrote, might the phrase "hook 'em" have some meaning to you?
Activity: 702
August 05, 2013, 05:50:13 PM
ok.. I looked at the diagram again and they refer to them as quads and diagrammatically theyre slightly separated, but each quad has its own power and clock...  and is controlled separately from the fpga...

so... I dont think it matters whether its four separate dies, or one big die split into 4 'quads' (or even a multi chip reticle).. im not really sure now... however, im pretty sure that four separate identical dies would be cheaper to make and have a higher yield than one big one...  and the nature of bitcoin hashing is that theres an awful lot of replication in the asic of identical hasher units so it does lend itself to that approach..

KNCminer do not put 4 dies on a chip, it's a single die, I suggest you look at their R&D diagram properly at the grey area labeled die.
Activity: 462
August 05, 2013, 05:37:05 PM
Interesting, following!
erk
Activity: 826
August 05, 2013, 04:41:30 PM
There must be a reason that KnC chose to put 4 dies on a chip instead of one big phat chip.  Presumably having one package with 4 dies on it, is cheaper to produce than 4 packages.   Also, if they had smaller chips, each of 25 GH performance... would anyone care?  the marketing impact sure looks good when everyone else has MH chips or at best a 4 GH chip and you come out of nowhere with a 100 GH chip!   that's a HUGE leap!  No comparison.   Would people have been blown away so much if they had only announced a 25 GH chip?  (even if the same total gigahashes were in a Jupiter box, made up of a higher number of lesser chips)

KNCminer do not put 4 dies on a chip, it's a single die, I suggest you look at their R&D diagram properly at the grey area labeled die.

@Ytterbium: WTF are you?  You've been here all of two weeks, how about some STFU?

Just add him to your ignore list.

Lets try and get this thread back on track.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
August 05, 2013, 04:23:38 PM
No, no, no, and again, no.

You're assuming a hell of a lot there and appear a little unbalanced. Twisting my words and misrepresenting my intention is fraudulent.

Hit the ignore button dude, that guy's not just stupid he's actively trolling.

I replied to him a time or two in the FastHash announcement thread.  He earned the distinction of being the 2nd person I have ignored.
Activity: 552
August 05, 2013, 04:21:39 PM
I know various ASIC is coming out towards the end of the year but keep in mind it has to really make sense to buy these and get ROI if not more, what is 5k today for 400Gh/s, wont be great if you spend 5k in nov/dec for the same amount, these devices/products/chips really need to start coming down.. ..
Pages:
Jump to: