Pages:
Author

Topic: *** Complete Guide on How to Create a New Alt Coin *** - page 3. (Read 165921 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 250
Founder Nur1Labs
I made an update to this post, based on latest bitcoin codebase, please see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/complete-guide-on-how-to-create-a-new-alt-coin-update-2018-3345808

will try look if this fixed genesis generate  Roll Eyes
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
nice tutorial,

I have created the altcoin it is working perfeclty.

but my MAX_MONEY it is not working.

how can i fix this?

seams very complicated, my wallet it is creating more coins then suppose to have.

I created this but nobody helped.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.33709414

someone can help me with this?

What do you mean by it is not working? Did you test it and it let you have more then the max you set? Did you premine your coin?
Activity: 61
Merit: 15
Activity: 188
Merit: 10
Thanks a lot its really awesome being a decade as a programmer i never thought to create a coin . Now its given initial pushing thing .I got some priority work to finish once done i will dedicate some time and try to create coin . i have C++ in college days even i dont think its a big deal .

It make the programmers so easy to make their own coin and make so many useless altcoin out there.
So what we need to do now? I think regulation of the coin would help the good coin grows. Only coin which has capability and not sh** coin.
Activity: 9
nice tutorial,

I have created the altcoin it is working perfeclty.

but my MAX_MONEY it is not working.

how can i fix this?

seams very complicated, my wallet it is creating more coins then suppose to have.

I created this but nobody helped.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.33709414

someone can help me with this?
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Thank you so much it helped a lot. How can one create wallets for the newly created altcoin? Please write a tutorial on it also. Can someone tell me whose code has this guy forked? https://github.com/0xfff/VanCoin

Newbie with 1 post you wanna scam ppl with your new coin?😂 Ahahahaha
Activity: 61
Merit: 15
Thanks for the post, although it's an old post, but it's a good way to learn how bitcoin and blockchain works.
But one thing I don't quite understand why do you create a guide based on Litecoin, wouldn't it be much better if forking directly from Bitcoin? After all Bitcoin is the Mother Of All Coins(MOAC).
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
Lord Shiva

7.  Create genesis block. Some people get stuck there, it's really easy:
- find LoadBlockIndex() function, inside, change:
    - paraphrase (pszTimestamp) to any recent news phase.
    - get the latest unix time (do a google), and put in block.nTime.
    - set any nNonce (doesn't really matter)
you can change the time/nonce for testnet too, if you want to use it.

After you are done, save it. Now the genesis block will not match the hash check and merkle root check, it doesn't matter.

The first time you run the compiled code (daemon or qt), it will say "assertion failed". Just exit the program, go to
config dir (under AppData/Roaming), open the debug.log, get the hash after "block.GetHash() = ", copy and paste it to the beginnig of main.cpp, hashGenesisBlock. Also get the merkle root in the same log file, paste it to the ... position in the following code, in LoadBlockIndex()
       assert(block.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0x..."));

recompile the code, and genesis block created!

It's not working on BC 0.8, for example Sad
Activity: 128
Activity: 4
I followed this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF3oE5uIP64&t=13s but stuck in running VM and creating wallet anyone can help?
I type getinfo show the connections 0
{
    "version" : 80704,
    "protocolversion" : 70002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 0,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 0,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 0.00024414,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1519451476,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : ""
}
Activity: 33
Hey. I'm training to create a coin based on DashCoin with masternodes. I generated GenesisBlock and everything. After the launch, I get in the logs:

2017-10-09 16:55:58 CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 2593 nRequestedMasternodeAssets 1 nRequeste
dMasternodeAttempt 0 nSyncProgress 0.000000
2017-10-09 16:56:04 CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 2599 nRequestedMasternodeAssets 1 nRequeste
2017-10-09 16:56:10 CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 2605 nRequestedMasternodeAssets 1 nRequeste
I understand the mistake in the absence of the master. But how can I run it without having coins?

Perhaps it is necessary for the first time to turn off the master programs altogether?

In what direction should I move? Any ideas?

Hey buddy, did you end up getting this to work? And if so, how did you solve it?

We have disabled the sync for the duration of the first block

how to disabled the sync for the duration of the first block?
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
OMNITY Knowledge, connected
Very interesting stuff, but in the last years things changed a lot. Of course you still can make a new coin, but now - if there isn't a real project behind it, it will die immediately.
It would be as to print our own money: it's possible, but nobody will accept it.
Activity: 1
Thank you so much it helped a lot. How can one create wallets for the newly created altcoin? Please write a tutorial on it also. Can someone tell me whose code has this guy forked? https://github.com/0xfff/VanCoin
Activity: 2
Activity: 52
Part of the work you can do on the instructions, somewhere I'll have to figure it out
Activity: 1
Hi.

I also want to make my own coin.

Is this tutorial still can follow and works well?

I am concerned original posted so long ago.

Same question, great guide, but is it actually??
thank you so much!
Activity: 413
Merit: 5
Hi.

I also want to make my own coin.

Is this tutorial still can follow and works well?

I am concerned original posted so long ago.

Activity: 52
Hey. I'm training to create a coin based on DashCoin with masternodes. I generated GenesisBlock and everything. After the launch, I get in the logs:

2017-10-09 16:55:58 CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 2593 nRequestedMasternodeAssets 1 nRequeste
2017-10-09 16:56:04 CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 2599 nRequestedMasternodeAssets 1 nRequeste
2017-10-09 16:56:10 CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 2605 nRequestedMasternodeAssets 1 nRequeste
I understand the mistake in the absence of the master. But how can I run it without having coins?

Perhaps it is necessary for the first time to turn off the master programs altogether?

In what direction should I move? Any ideas?

Hey buddy, did you end up getting this to work? And if so, how did you solve it?

We have disabled the sync for the duration of the first block
Activity: 175
Merit: 1
How to change algorythm for fork? Or how to create new algorythm? can anyone explain me how to do this?
Activity: 18
is there available any video tutorials.
Pages:
Jump to: