Pages:
Author

Topic: *** Complete Guide on How to Create a New Alt Coin *** - page 7. (Read 165921 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
i have managed to set to work a version 8.7 or something like that, but i cant do it with the last version, stuck in the genesis block, i have generated some hash that dont throw the assert, but it seems they are not right because when i run ./litecoind sometimes gives an error that cant find the best block; or cant read the block (when this happens i reindex and dont throw any error but stay like running but do nothing)

with this I try to generate the genesis block, but never do more than 1 iteration, and cant be rigth, it should take a while to find the nonce
Code:
for(genesis.nNonce = 0; consensus.powLimit < genesis.GetHash()  ; genesis.nNonce++){ }

the hash function pass the assert, but it gives me then some of the errors mentioned above
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
anyone can tell me , i want have  etc 1000,000 coin for developer or miner first (me-make coin) ,what name file i can change ? thank you
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Is there anyone who produces his own coin in this way?
  only like 1000 times so far.  welcome to the party
Activity: 13
Is there anyone who produces his own coin in this way?
Activity: 2
Hi,
Does anyone know what my error means when I start litecoin-qt
debug.log:
ERROR: ReadBlockFromDisk: Errors in block header at CBlockDiskPos(nFile=0, nPos=602)
*** Failed to read block
Error Message when starting:
Error: An severe internal Error occured, see debug.log for details
Any Help would be apprecitaed
Thanks in advance
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Fucker of "the system"
thanks for the infoemations great help
Activity: 770
Merit: 605
lol, glad to see people still interested in my "how-to" 4 years ago  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1120
That is cool ,any guide on how to fork ETH?
Sorry, little english ...
Like this?: https://github.com/ledgerlabs/ethereum-getting-started/wiki/local-node
No need to fork, just start a new chain.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
That is cool ,any guide on how to fork ETH?
Activity: 3
For i can see it seems a problem with the mgw47-mt thing
Graham

Grin Grin
YOU FIX MY BOOST PROBLEM THANKS!!
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

right now seraching to fix this:

c:\test\coin-master\src/txdb-leveldb.h:119: undefined reference to `leveld
b::Status::ToString() const'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [coind.exe] Error 1

Sad  

*EDIT: leveldb recompiled in windows... WORKS FINE NOW! Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
For i can see it seems a problem with the mgw47-mt thing

Indeed:

g++ -Wl,--large-address-aware -static -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -Wl,-s -mthreads -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o release\Coin-qt.exe object_script.Coin
-qt.Release  -L"c:\Qt\4.8.5\lib" -lmingwthrd -lmingw32 -lqtmain build\bitcoin-qt_res.o -LC:/deps/miniupnpc -lminiupnpc -liphlpapi  -lshlwapi -LC:/deps/boost_1_5
5_0
/stage/lib -LC:/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix -LC:/deps/openssl-1.0.1j -LC:/deps/qrencode-3.4.4/.libs -lssl -lcrypto -ldb_cxx -lws2_32 -lshlwapi -lmswsock -lo
le32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lgdi32 -lboost_system-mgw47-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_filesystem-mgw47-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_program_options-mgw47-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_thread-mgw47
-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_chrono-mgw47-mt-sd-1_53 -lQtGui4 -lQtCore4
C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -ldb_cxx
C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lboost_system-mgw47-mt-sd-1_53

perhaps you'll have better luck with something like mgw49-mt-sd-1_55 or near offer.

The resolution lies in the .pro file, look for where BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX is bound and ensure the numbers match the versions of the installed mingw and boost packages.

Cheers

Graham
legendary
Activity: 996
Merit: 1013
You can always use older versions of the sources
and then the old guides will work - sort of, there are sometimes
intentional blanks and errors. But you ought to have some
understanding of what you are doing anyway. That is, you need a basic
knowledge of C++ and programming, otherwise you will
get stuck time and again.

The drawback in the older versions of the software is that they
may have security issues, so they're not fit for production
(launching your own coin) but for the learning purposes they are just fine.

In fact, for learning, the earlier the source, the better.

Activity: 235
which version of litecoin should we download??
there are 199 release in litecoin
i am not able to find all code/parameters in litecoin, that should be changed as per your instructions given in post.
The location of the blockchain parameters has been moved in the recent codebases. All the instructions and guides dating back from 2014 have become obsolete, for Litecoin releases based off Bitcoin 0.13 and later.
Cloning methods for the recent Litecoin version is a work-in-progress, a part of our learning process at the Practice Coin project https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annpra-practice-coin-learn-by-doing-1850047
  Tearo
Activity: 3
Hello Friends!!!

Following this guide and trying to compile my coin in windows i get this error msgs:

g++ -Wl,--large-address-aware -static -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -Wl,-s -mthreads -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o release\Coin-qt.exe object_script.Coin
-qt.Release  -L"c:\Qt\4.8.5\lib" -lmingwthrd -lmingw32 -lqtmain build\bitcoin-qt_res.o -LC:/deps/miniupnpc -lminiupnpc -liphlpapi  -lshlwapi -LC:/deps/boost_1_5
5_0/stage/lib -LC:/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix -LC:/deps/openssl-1.0.1j -LC:/deps/qrencode-3.4.4/.libs -lssl -lcrypto -ldb_cxx -lws2_32 -lshlwapi -lmswsock -lo
le32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lgdi32 -lboost_system-mgw47-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_filesystem-mgw47-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_program_options-mgw47-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_thread-mgw47
-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_chrono-mgw47-mt-sd-1_53 -lQtGui4 -lQtCore4
C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -ldb_cxx
C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lboost_system-mgw47-mt-sd-1_53
C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lboost_filesystem-mgw47-mt-sd-1_53
C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lboost_program_options-mgw47-mt-sd-1_53
C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lboost_thread-mgw47-mt-sd-1_53
C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lboost_chrono-mgw47-mt-sd-1_53
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile.Release:299: recipe for target 'release\Coin-qt.exe' failedmingw32-make: *** [release\Coin-qt.exe] Error 1

For i can see it seems a problem with the mgw47-mt thing  Shocked

Please help!

Ale

Activity: 1
Hello,

Very nice post, congrats! Just one dumb question, sorry I'm new to Cryptocurrency...
After the creation of the new coin, how should you start injecting money to the network?
The starting coin ballance should start in an wallet and being transferred to other participants?
Would be possible having such thing as a "Central Bank" to issue money?
How should this could be accomplished?

Thanks
Q

Activity: 235
There is a noob Altcoin project named Practice Coin. In the process of reviewing coin types, coin building services, guides and tutorials.
In the end will make and launch our own coin.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annpra-practice-coin-learn-by-doing-1850047
  Tearo
Activity: 672
Merit: 261
a coin that can be compiled in visual studio 2015 or C# pos coin
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Most wont read this and be like...  Why isn't my coin worth more?  Look at the feathercoin idiots.
lol, I still don't get why bitcoin worth more, everything is created from nothing, and it worth nothing.  Grin Grin Grin
Satoshi Nakamoto had a magic wand Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKRAY3t1L-o
Activity: 462
Merit: 273
This is very helpful, thank you! I was thinking of designing a coin with my friend. It will be tough to get it off the ground though.

But overall, very well put together guide Cheesy
Activity: 462
Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD
hi guys,
i'm trying to build a new altcoin just for demostration.

i'm stuck at this point
4.  Change parameters, all in main.cpp:
   - block value (in GetBlockValue())
   - block time (right after GetBlockValue())
   - diff retarget time (right after GetBlockValue())
   - adjust the diff retarget scale to avoid instamine (in GetNextWorkRequired())

i opened main.cpp and found GetBlockValue() but all i can see is this:
bool LoadBlockIndex()
{

// Load block index from databases
    if (!fReindex && !LoadBlockIndexDB())
        return false;
    return true;
}

anyone can help me?
thanks

If you are stuck, then do everyone a favor and give up.
Pages:
Jump to: