Pages:
Author

Topic: *** Complete Guide on How to Create a New Alt Coin *** - page 9. (Read 165921 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
People who creates scam coin are smart guys. People who mine scam coins are idiots.  Tongue

I disagree with the first part. Somehow modern society has declared the production and sales of useless bullshit to be a positive virtue, but its not, and this mindset is slowly collapsing society.

Truly smart people aren't interested in making the world around them a stupider place to live in, because they realize that behavior that hurts more people than helps isn't smart. It doesn't matter how much money it makes you -- if people around you are worse off because of you, you're an idiot.

now this is one hell of a statement and I had the deep urge to repost this right now...

...though, as live is a bitch (or at least comes with sort of odd sense of humor), the dunning - kruger effect
shows to us, that presumably the majority of those individuals this statement actually addresses, are in fact
due to their nature incompetent, hindred and sometimes even unable to at least partially comprehend
mentioned concepts... tl;dr: sad thing, it's like talking to a brick
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
I did all that and now have 0 blocks right?

But when I mine, it says Waiting for work to be available from pools. And cpu mining shows no activity.

https://github.com/BitpopCoin/BitpopCoin

Send me a pull request with everything working for .01 btc

Code:
if(nHeight < 17280) // no block reward within the first 3 days
        nSubsidy = 0;

This is your problem.

Isn't that just the reward though? I can't mine period.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Nice, more new coins incoming..
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
Hello,
Very nice tutorial! Good job! Now we can expect a huge wave of new shitcoins Cheesy but for sure it will pass with the time no one will bw interested into new coins exept if the coin dwlivers something really new to thw community. You took the bread from some people on this forum Cheesy
BR
Gondel
Activity: 104

But when I mine, it says Waiting for work to be available from pools. And cpu mining shows no activity.

Code:
if(nHeight < 17280) // no block reward within the first 3 days
        nSubsidy = 0;

This is your problem.
Activity: 233
Merit: 102
People who creates scam coin are smart guys. People who mine scam coins are idiots.  Tongue

I disagree with the first part. Somehow modern society has declared the production and sales of useless bullshit to be a positive virtue, but its not, and this mindset is slowly collapsing society.

Truly smart people aren't interested in making the world around them a stupider place to live in, because they realize that behavior that hurts more people than helps isn't smart. It doesn't matter how much money it makes you -- if people around you are worse off because of you, you're an idiot.

You my friend said it better than I could have ever articulated.
All these scam coins...argh.
Activity: 233
Merit: 102

don't break the bank big spender!

Well I wasn't planning on spending anything on my coin lol

Lol? You offer $6 for help on something you say you had no intention of spending any of your own money - or time it seems.
legendary

Well I wasn't planning on spending anything on my coin lol
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.

legendary

p
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Really nice tutorial.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114

Activity: 690
Merit: 501
Thanks for the guide! I know this is old, but hopefully someone will answer!

I successfully created the genesis block hash and the merkle root, and recompiled the code with the correct assertions. However, I now get an error when I open the program that says 'Error loading blkindex.dat'

What should I do about that? I deleted the blockchain files and still get the same error.

It is the blockchain telling you to not create another shitcoin.

Jokes aside, this is the genesis block not accepted due mismatch error. You are using either wrong genesis creator code or did something else wrong. Google and figure it out.

This is really more of a personal project really, but thanks for the answer. I found what I did wrong and successfully created a good genesis block and recompiled. Now, my wallet loads fine. However, I am still a bit confused. I forked this testcoin from the Blackcoin source code. When I load it up, it says it has xxx connections to the network, and says it is downloading block 0 of 193113 blocks in the chain. Does this mean that it is still somehow trying to load the Blackcoin blockchain? I'm guessing the nodes are built into the Blackcoin wallet somewhere?

EDIT -- I figured it out. In case anyone else has this problem, the nodes are built into /src/net.cpp

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

I successfully created the genesis block hash and the merkle root, and recompiled the code with the correct assertions. However, I now get an error when I open the program that says 'Error loading blkindex.dat'

What should I do about that? I deleted the blockchain files and still get the same error.

It is the blockchain telling you to not create another shitcoin.

Jokes aside, this is the genesis block not accepted due mismatch error. You are using either wrong genesis creator code or did something else wrong. Google and figure it out.
Activity: 690
Merit: 501

Activity: 63
I am not sure if anyone needs this but i found a guide awhile ago that shows exactly from start to finish. I'ts explaining even generating the geninis block. I found it on google after hours of searching before i decided if i couldn't do it without a guide it just shouldn't make one. Take that into mind before you start the guide.

http://87.98.217.208/

this guide is good but not explain how to change the key alert in: alert cpp.
someone will have an explanation for how this change?
Activity: 32
I can compile on all the other systems but Windows, it just keeps giving me a problem like this one, if it is familiar to most people. Anyway I am able to fix this?

Code:
C:\flc>make -f Makefile.Release
c:\Qt\4.8.6\bin\rcc.exe -name bitcoin src\qt\bitcoin.qrc -o release\qrc_bitcoin.
cpp
g++ -c -pipe -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -O2 -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -fdiag
nostics-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-paramet
er -DUNICODE -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_IPV
6 -DWIN32 -D_MT -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX
-DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"..\Qt\4.8.6
\include\QtCore" -I"..\Qt\4.8.6\include\QtGui" -I"..\Qt\4.8.6\include" -I"src" -
I"src\json" -I"src\qt" -I"..\deps\boost" -I"..\deps\db\build_unix" -I"..\deps\ss
l\include" -I"..\Qt\4.8.6\include\ActiveQt" -I"build" -I"build" -I"..\Qt\4.8.6\m
kspecs\win32-g++-4.6" -o build\qrc_bitcoin.o release\qrc_bitcoin.cpp
g++ -Wl,-s -mthreads -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o release\flightcoin-qt.exe object_
script.flightcoin-qt.Release  -L"c:\Qt\4.8.6\lib" -lmingwthrd -lmingw32 -lqtmain
 build\bitcoin-qt_res.o -lshlwapi -lssl -lcrypto -ldb_cxx -lws2_32 -lole32 -lole
aut32 -luuid -lgdi32 -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt
-sd-1_53 -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_5
3 -lws2_32 -lshlwapi -lmswsock -LC:/deps/boost/stage/lib -Lc:/deps/db/build_unix
 -Lc:/deps/ssl -lssl -lcrypto -ldb_cxx -lole32 -luuid -lgdi32 -lboost_system-mgw
46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_program_options-mgw46-
mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lQtGui4 -lQtCore4
./build\bitcoin.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile.Release:253: recipe for target 'release\flightcoin-qt.exe' failed
mingw32-make: *** [release\flightcoin-qt.exe] Error 1

I can clearly see the file right there, but not sure what exactly is going on with it.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
I am not sure if anyone needs this but i found a guide awhile ago that shows exactly from start to finish. I'ts explaining even generating the geninis block. I found it on google after hours of searching before i decided if i couldn't do it without a guide it just shouldn't make one. Take that into mind before you start the guide.

http://87.98.217.208/
Activity: 56
I guess making the coin is step one.

The next step is getting a bunch of mindless fanboys muttering broken sentences to make it popular. That's the hard part my friends.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
interesting guide, just a bit old. For X11 coins is it the same process?
Pages:
Jump to: