Pages:
Author

Topic: *** Complete Guide on How to Create a New Alt Coin *** - page 5. (Read 165869 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Very nice and informative guide, thank you!
Activity: 28
this works, thanks for creating this.
Activity: 256
Merit: 102

Hello,

I am new to the sphere of CryptoCurrency.

My understanding is that the guide is around the Windows system.

Can you direct me to a similar guide for setting it all up on a Linux system(Fedora)?

Gratitude
the steps for what you need to change is the same , it has just different system requirements. dependenign n what crypto do you wanna try  you can find some documentation about it... generally provided by the same crypto of how to compile the currency

Never trust a man with "enlarge your penis" in his signature.

I really needed that laugh after the day I've had at work.

Thank you kind soul.
Activity: 52
Hey. I'm training to create a coin based on DashCoin with masternodes. I generated GenesisBlock and everything. After the launch, I get in the logs:

2017-10-09 16:55:58 CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 2593 nRequestedMasternodeAssets 1 nRequeste
dMasternodeAttempt 0 nSyncProgress 0.000000
2017-10-09 16:56:04 CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 2599 nRequestedMasternodeAssets 1 nRequeste
2017-10-09 16:56:10 CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 2605 nRequestedMasternodeAssets 1 nRequeste
I understand the mistake in the absence of the master. But how can I run it without having coins?

Perhaps it is necessary for the first time to turn off the master programs altogether?

In what direction should I move? Any ideas?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I am building new genes and hashes in debug.log. I found it on google after hours of searching before I decided if I could not do that without a tutorial it just did not make one. Remember that before you start the tutorial. have connected xxx to the network, and say it loads block 0 of 19311 blocks in the chain. This means it's still somehow trying to load the blackchannel blockchain
indeed, need to find it and delete it or replace it...
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
Fucker of "the system"
this shit is no good anymore

here are the goods

http://dillingers.com/blog/2015/04/18/how-to-make-an-altcoin/

if you cant do this contact me Smiley
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Everything's a bubble, idiot

Hello,

Can you direct me to a similar guide for setting it all up on a Linux system(Fedora)?

Gratitude
the steps for what you need to change is the same , it has just different system requirements. dependenign n what crypto do you wanna try  you can find some documentation about it... generally provided by the same crypto of how to compile the currency

hahaha, do you need posts to reach your weekly signature campaign  to earn some pennies Huh... at least post something usefull man, good luck in the signature campaign...

Just making a joke dude. I've never made any money from my signature, you can ask the Stratis team. I do it for the love. You on the other hand... clearly making bank with those sports betting robots and forex strategies.

Hello,

Gratitude

hahaha, do you need posts to reach your weekly signature campaign  to earn some pennies Huh... at least post something usefull man, good luck in the signature campaign...
Activity: 138
Everything's a bubble, idiot

Hello,

Gratitude

Hello,

Gratitude
Activity: 15
could someone please message me or help out here??? after i generate the genesis block and insert it twice into main.cpp once into checkpoints and insert merkle once into main.cpp then recompile i get an error: incorrect or no genesis block found. wrong datadir for network?

please without smart ass remarks help me out
Activity: 3

Hello,

Gratitude
Activity: 15
Most wont read this and be like...  Why isn't my coin worth more?  Look at the feathercoin idiots.

haha feather[Suspicious link removed]d memories with this coin Tongue one of the first I messed with back in the day. 2014 was a good year Tongue
Activity: 236
Merit: 101
is this instructions still valid ? because thread is 4 years old. i want to make my own coin for fun but everything i found is old.
Activity: 155
Some interesting docs here. I prefer mining but I guess creating a coin could be good to keep the mind sharp. I would throw it away afterwards though or just run it as a pvt chain for testing.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 533
Isnt it very easy with waves platform. You can create a new currency in only a few minutes. And waves platform has a good potential for next years so it is one of the best way for now i guess.
version 0.7.* should work, and not sure if .8 would work too

0.7 version of which code? I wasn't able to find a 0.7 branch in either bitcoin or litecoin.
i am not sure about 0.7, but i downloaded 0.8.* about a month ago..of litecoin
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
But when I try to build it, It gave an openssl error
Code:
fatal error 'openssl/bn.h' file not found'

Try setting OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH and OPENSSL_LIB_PATH.

Cheers

Graham
legendary
Activity: 996
Merit: 1013
I got struck up following the guide for the latest version of bitcoin code. Is there any specific version of bitcoin code which is apt for this guide?

This might work (it is mentioned in the tutorial)

https://github.com/bfroemel/smallchange

Thanks a lot for helping me out. Yes, I did look at that github. But when I try to build it, It gave an openssl error
Code:
fatal error 'openssl/bn.h' file not found'

Doing this stuff on mac or win was never a walk in a park. Get linux
Activity: 32
Wow this is awesome! I was half expecting to see "Download Waves" Make new token! But this is super legit. Thank you for posting and sharing Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: