Pages:
Author

Topic: *** Complete Guide on How to Create a New Alt Coin *** - page 8. (Read 165869 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
hi guys,
i'm trying to build a new altcoin just for demostration.

i'm stuck at this point
4.  Change parameters, all in main.cpp:
   - block value (in GetBlockValue())
   - block time (right after GetBlockValue())
   - diff retarget time (right after GetBlockValue())
   - adjust the diff retarget scale to avoid instamine (in GetNextWorkRequired())

i opened main.cpp and found GetBlockValue() but all i can see is this:
bool LoadBlockIndex()
{

// Load block index from databases
    if (!fReindex && !LoadBlockIndexDB())
        return false;
    return true;
}

anyone can help me?
thanks
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Really nice. That's the right direction to go. Blockchains for the people.

BTW Soon after launch of HEAT it will be also possible to easily get own fully operational crypto creating original side blockchain existing independently with other blockchains on existing network and throu it's wallet (no programming konwledge needed). Hopefully competition will help in rise of new original projects.
Now we need only smart people with good ideas for new innovative coins and meaningful useage of such blockchains. Possibilities are endless, you just need to notice them around you.

or it could go awry. a determined scammer can create a coin of his own and scam the users leaving the other coin team with nothing to compete about for the investors money are already taken by an anonymous scammer who create a smart innovative and use of blockchain.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Really nice. That's the right direction to go. Blockchains for the people.

BTW Soon after launch of HEAT it will be also possible to easily get own fully operational crypto creating original side blockchain existing independently with other blockchains on existing network and throu it's wallet (no programming konwledge needed). Hopefully competition will help in rise of new original projects.
Now we need only smart people with good ideas for new innovative coins and meaningful useage of such blockchains. Possibilities are endless, you just need to notice them around you.
Activity: 5
Thanks.

I'm already using Hazard's solution.

But I want to learn how the system works. So my question is still relevant. What is a good way if I want to have premined coins?
I can set difficulty target and emission speed factor to as high/low I want before the necessary coins are mined. However in this case I'd still need to mine technically.
What I'm interested in, is what I should modify to avoid mining in terms of premine.

Thanks.

The easiest way if you are using a Bitcoin clone is to 'instamine' the first few blocks by having grotesquely large rewards  - I think I am right in saying. I don't think you can avoid doing this whatever proof you are using to validate blocks unless you substantially change the code. Then you need to update the checkpoints before releasing the node software. If you have plenty of time you can do this over a few hundred or thousand blocks - the key is to be honest about this in your ANN as the emmission parameters will be obvious to even casual users with access to the source code.

Thanks. Helped a lot.
One more thing:
When you checkpoint your premined blocks, are they need to be matured already? I need to wait 40-50 blocks to be mined, to make my first 2-3 blocks matured before checkpointing them?

Thanks
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
Quiet interesting because these thing came to my mind way back then when my curiosity about altcoin and actually made a question on my mind on how to create one, and I already assumed it would be a difficult one. As I've read on op, I could say it's really hard and I'm not mistaken, I'm not too good on c++ language but theres many things should be done in able to create one. I would study these steps though..thanks for this
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
thanks for the detailed guide ,i want to learn about these in detail and i will look into this on how things work as i am seeing many scrypt coins i have to understand the basics in finding out scammers just copy pasting the original source ,i am not an expert in c++ but i will try to experiment with it
Activity: 565
Merit: 316
Thanks.

But I want to learn how the system works. So my question is still relevant. What is a good way if I want to have premined coins?
I can set difficulty target and emission speed factor to as high/low I want before the necessary coins are mined. However in this case I'd still need to mine technically.
What I'm interested in, is what I should modify to avoid mining in terms of premine.

Thanks.

The easiest way if you are using a Bitcoin clone is to 'instamine' the first few blocks by having grotesquely large rewards  - I think I am right in saying. I don't think you can avoid doing this whatever proof you are using to validate blocks unless you substantially change the code. Then you need to update the checkpoints before releasing the node software. If you have plenty of time you can do this over a few hundred or thousand blocks - the key is to be honest about this in your ANN as the emmission parameters will be obvious to even casual users with access to the source code.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
It is great tutorial, unfortunately i still don't understand about c++ programing language although i have learned about it, the problem will from the codes and algoritm, and i think it will need time more than two hours. Thank you so much it is nice informations.
Thanks.

Thanks.
Activity: 565
Merit: 316
Hi.

I just have a quick and easy question. How can I get premined coins by modifying this code?

Thanks.

If you have to ask a question like this you are better off availing yourself of Hazard's services yourself.
Hi.

I just have a quick and easy question. How can I get premined coins by modifying this code?

Thanks.
Activity: 19
I need a private alt coin based on Bitcoin and I am willing to pay $500 in BTC. 

Here is what I am looking for...

I would like to take the open source code of bitcoin and modify it in such a way that…

• Instructions on how to rename it and compile it for windows and linux
  • The genesis block creates all the of the 2.1 billion crypto currency units and are accessible
  • same divisibility as bitcoin
  • The crypto currency must support colored coins so we can issue new types of the same coin
  • It uses a different port for communications
  • New blocks mined can only be created from a list of designed ip addresses with option for all
  • All transactions require fees except for addresses listed in a file (signed)

IF the thread op can do this in 2 hours man that's an easy $500 for him.

Davinci

I can offer another 500 USD to receieve the codes and instructions.So we have 1000 USD as a total.

Did you manage to get this accomplished?

T
Ken
Activity: 331

I would like to take the open source code of bitcoin and modify it in such a way that…

• The genesis block creates all the of the 2.1 billion crypto currency units and are accessible
  • The crypto currency must support colored coins so we can issue new types of the same coin
  • New blocks mined can only be created from a list of designed ip addresses with option for all

Davinci

I can offer another 500 USD to receieve the codes and instructions.So we have 1000 USD as a total.

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059
ppl haven't concerned creating new coin anymore?
Or there's another thread for discussion about this?

I can't see a similar topic like this that is more updated than January 2015. I bet people aren't interested now in making a new alt coin, they just buy and sell alt coins now. They are more on trading now. There are tons of alt coins out there that are unsuccessful and just become dump coins.
Activity: 478
Merit: 252
ppl haven't concerned creating new coin anymore?
Or there's another thread for discussion about this?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
This is a really useful guide, thanks!
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

Davinci

I think you need to set your price higher, you want a lot of custom coding which takes time and testing. $500 might get you a basic clone with some decent code but when looking at it from a Development point of view, you could sell 5 clones at $100-200 each and that's a few hours of work but what you want might be a couple weeks plus Beta and to be that skilled they would probably be working on their own project instead. I can do some stuff but what you want is beyond what I can do, you would probably be better off either learning how to do it yourself or setting a high enough bounty that it's worth it for someone with the skills to do it.

Also, this thread is from mid 2013 and the OP hasn't been active since August.
Activity: 392
shit, gotta learn c++  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

Davinci

I'll escrow
Activity: 780
Merit: 510
Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

Davinci

Pages:
Jump to: