Pages:
Author

Topic: Computer Scientists Prove God Exists - page 3. (Read 25213 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
December 11, 2013, 04:30:07 PM
Most religions use drugs in some way during their practices. This is to encourage irrational thought and help convince themselves that their superstitions are true. This is most obvious in primitive religions where the practitioners enter into a fully intoxicated state and experience hallucinations. These hallucinations they assume to be divine in origin. As well as drugs, many other techniques are used by religions and cults in order to discourage rational thought, such as repeated chanting and/or the telling of hypnotic stories.

You might want to rethink this a bit.  Observational studies of the use of hallucinogenic substances by various tribal communities suggest that, in at least some cases, the user is able to acquire certain factual information that is verifiable.  For example, certain tribes claim these substances allow them to communicate with spirits who might teach the user something about botany or spirituality.  Referring to 'botany' as an example, it's also been documented that scientists in general can't figure out why some of these tribes seem to have so much understanding of botany (e.g. which plants are poisonous, which are medicinal, and which ones you can mix together to effect a certain reaction).  A vast amount of  knowledge about pharmaceutical ingredients used in the Western world comes directly from tribal knowledge -- that is, Western scientists frequently visit these tribal cultures to learn from them.
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1042
Hamster ate my bitcoin
December 11, 2013, 04:02:32 PM
Most religions use drugs in some way during their practices. This is to encourage irrational thought and help convince themselves that their superstitions are true. This is most obvious in primitive religions where the practitioners enter into a fully intoxicated state and experience hallucinations. These hallucinations they assume to be divine in origin. As well as drugs, many other techniques are used by religions and cults in order to discourage rational thought, such as repeated chanting and/or the telling of hypnotic stories.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
December 11, 2013, 01:41:35 PM
Some of you guys are really making me regret starting this thread now.  Embarrassed  Can you seriously think that drugs are a good thing???

Sure, drugs, like many things, can be fun for a season but they kill and destroy people's lives.  It causes many people to steal, or lose or waste all of the money they have and often friends and family lose trust in them and often people eventually die of overdoses or have serious brain damage.  There are just so many negative consequences of going down that road.

Drugs are a cheap substitute of what God alone can give.  The Bible says, "Do not be drunk with wine but be filled with the Spirit."  People chase after these things, using drugs and/or alcohol but nothing satisfies like God's Spirit.  

You can brag about all the great things drugs have done in your life, or how it makes your life better right now, but let me know how that works for you in a few years.  I can't name anyone who after 10 years of doing drugs can honestly say that they made their life better and more healthy and fulfilled.  Find just one person.  

legendary
Hamster ate my bitcoin
December 11, 2013, 01:31:36 PM
Imagine a shiny blue coloured cube, roughly the size of a baseball or grapefruit. Now imagine that the pointy corners have been dipped in red paint.

Now ask yourself: why did that cube appear in front of your eyes -- the same place where you're only supposed to see 'real' things? This shows that we must already be using our imagination to "see the real world".

True, but none the less, the cube is still imaginary.
Activity: 775
Merit: 1000
December 11, 2013, 06:53:40 AM
As far as I'm concerned, gods have to prove their existence to me if they want me to believe in them, not the other way round, this looks a lot like fake or very dodgy science to me to make it seem that religious people are correct.

Doesn't that defy the point of a God though? Once a God proves its existence then belief goes out the window.
If you saw god, you would only believe more.

Do you believe it's possible to hallucinate something which isn't real?

Imagine a shiny blue coloured cube, roughly the size of a baseball or grapefruit. Now imagine that the pointy corners have been dipped in red paint.

Now ask yourself: why did that cube appear in front of your eyes -- the same place where you're only supposed to see 'real' things? This shows that we must already be using our imagination to "see the real world".
legendary
Hamster ate my bitcoin
December 10, 2013, 08:08:02 PM
As far as I'm concerned, gods have to prove their existence to me if they want me to believe in them, not the other way round, this looks a lot like fake or very dodgy science to me to make it seem that religious people are correct.

Doesn't that defy the point of a God though? Once a God proves its existence then belief goes out the window.

Do you believe it's possible to hallucinate something which isn't real?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
December 10, 2013, 07:27:40 PM

legendary
Hamster ate my bitcoin
December 10, 2013, 06:26:00 PM

No, God can expose himself, he will still be God, and you would still need faith to believe he is. The reason why religious people say God can't expose himself, is because it explains the complete lack of evidence. This avoids having to accept the existential realities of existence.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
December 10, 2013, 06:11:57 PM

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
December 10, 2013, 10:09:04 AM
So what if god exists? What about the aliens? o_0

Oh, they're out there. Cheesy

legendary
You cannot kill love
December 10, 2013, 03:14:29 AM
Aliens are gods.
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
December 10, 2013, 02:43:43 AM
So what if god exists? What about the aliens? o_0
legendary
You cannot kill love
December 08, 2013, 08:58:30 PM
LSD teaches you philosophy, something that school greatly misses.

LSD doesn't teach you shit.  A chemical can't teach.  

At most, what it does is screw up your physical brain to the point that it disables inhibiting mechanisms of your mind that prevent you from recognizing some things you already knew, or recognizing that a lot of things you thought you knew were utter bullshit.  It is more of a sledgehammer than a scalpel.

Most of the reason such a physically harmless chemical is treated in such an hysterical manner by governments is that it tends to smash to flinders delusional concepts that the government has spent billions of dollars brainwashing you and the rest of the citizens to believe.

I think Timothy Leary was reckless and irresponsible in promoting LSD as some kind of panacea, but I do agree with him that it has quite positive characteristics.

I have not dropped in over 10 years and would not do it lightly, but I think it would be a good preparation for death, when I realize my time is near.
It surely does enable you to learn more than you could perceive with a regular egoistic mindset.  In the simplest terms, LSD decreases your ego and connects you to your soul.  Your soul being your positive part of you which knows all.  The key is to keep your ego decreased even after your trip has ended to keep this connection with you.

You can say LSD is not a teacher but I wouldn't have been able to learn so much about the universe in such little time without it, I simply wouldn't have been connected to the correct frequencies to do so.

Or is it because the government knows acid shows people the truth and the truth is that the government is a parasitic entity that withholds evolution of mankind?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
December 08, 2013, 08:25:16 AM
THE EARTH IS FLAT!

For real.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
December 08, 2013, 08:22:18 AM
LSD teaches you philosophy, something that school greatly misses.

LSD doesn't teach you shit.  A chemical can't teach.  

At most, what it does is screw up your physical brain to the point that it disables inhibiting mechanisms of your mind that prevent you from recognizing some things you already knew, or recognizing that a lot of things you thought you knew were utter bullshit.  It is more of a sledgehammer than a scalpel.

Most of the reason such a physically harmless chemical is treated in such an hysterical manner by governments is that it tends to smash to flinders delusional concepts that the government has spent billions of dollars brainwashing you and the rest of the citizens to believe.

I think Timothy Leary was reckless and irresponsible in promoting LSD as some kind of panacea, but I do agree with him that it has quite positive characteristics.

I have not dropped in over 10 years and would not do it lightly, but I think it would be a good preparation for death, when I realize my time is near.
legendary
You cannot kill love
December 07, 2013, 11:34:32 PM
I definitely paid attention, when I wasn't sleeping, but by senior year I had enough partaking in bullwork.  I'd rather just listen and understand than copy what people say.  Public school is sorta a joke, high school mainly taught the same things over the years and just reinforced them.  Then there was the fearmongering propaganda teachers/curriculum.  School feeds the ego, only paints half the picture.

Don't get me wrong, I learned a lot through school.  But none if it clicked until I took psychedelics to fill in the rest of the canvas.  You have two halves of your brain and one half is largely under utilized.

LSD teaches you philosophy, something that school greatly misses.  LSD can give you a higher understanding and awareness.  It's all about set and setting.  If your mind seeks answers, answers it shall find.  If your environment encourages positive evolution of the mind, you will gain a lot from it.

The question on finding your own understanding of reality, is, can you pass the acid test?  Are you open to a greater shift of understanding of how you perceive the world?

And I'm with you joint, meditation is the key.  Anything you can find with LSD can be found without, though LSD compiles years of meditation into 10-12 hours of your life.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
December 07, 2013, 02:37:34 AM
LSD shows you god.  You'll find the Akashic records, the universe and your soul.

I learned more about life in four trips than all of high school.

Then you were paying much less attention in high school than you should have.

Because all LSD shows you is your own perceptions and maybe the content of your own mind.  So if you started out an idiot, LSD isn't going to turn you into a genius.
legendary
You cannot kill love
December 07, 2013, 01:32:08 AM
Idk I guess it varies for everyone.  After I became experienced I had no difficulty weaving through cars at 100mph on 60 hits, and even the third time I tried it I was able to hit 100 with a car full of kids on acid that had absolutely no doubts in my ability.  We even raced our neighbor and his motorcycle on the beach road, good times.

And let us not forget the glorious time dank caught two JUMBO sized marshmallows in his mouth, first try, from ten feet away, whilst tripping.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
December 06, 2013, 11:40:40 PM
LSD shows you god.  You'll find the Akashic records, the universe and your soul.

I learned more about life in four trips than all of high school.  Granted, my friends and environment were a big part of that.

It compiles all your previous knowledge and experiences and gives you a global/decentralized perspective of it.

Trust me, it's way cooler when you don't have to sacrifice your motor skills, and when you don't have to pay some guy with smelly dreadlocks 10 bucks to suck on a sugar cube.  LSD imposes certain obvious constraints at the same time it removes others.
legendary
You cannot kill love
December 06, 2013, 10:03:29 PM

I learned more about life in four trips than all of high school.  Granted, my friends and environment were a big part of that.

It compiles all your previous knowledge and experiences and gives you a global/decentralized perspective of it.
Pages:
Jump to: