Pages:
Author

Topic: Computer Scientists Prove God Exists - page 8. (Read 25217 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
November 23, 2013, 10:25:35 PM
1) Except you can logically prove that reality cannot only be objective, and so your assumption is wrong.

I'm still looking for such proof.

In the Bible, Paul the Apostle hated Christians and was so sure he was right about what he believed that he even killed them.  God, out of His mercy, caused him to be blinded for a short time and asked him "Why do you persecute me."  Paul did not realize that he was doing the wrong thing.  He was quite sure he was doing the right thing.  God was merciful to Paul in revealing Himself to him because his heart was in the place of trying to be zealous for good, but he was just misguided.  

All of that said, be careful in your search for proof.  God has a way of showing us proof in ways that might not be terribly comfortable if we fight Him too much.  (Like Paul, Johah, etc . . ) But God does "discipline those He loves" so even if it is uncomfortable at times I still appreciate the times He has "knocked me off my horse" so to speak and shown me the error of my ways.  It is not that I enjoy it, but I know that it out of love for me that He does that.
Ain't dat the truth.

So Dank,  you agree with me on so many things which I find interesting.  The one thing we disagree on, which is a huge issue I believe, is that you have a belief that we can somehow become God?  The first commandment says that we are to have no other God but Him.  Wouldn't claiming that we are "god" or could somehow become "god" be breaking the very first commandment? 
I don't think we are gods separate from him, I think we are gods of him.  Like there's one god, one soul, which is everything, the light, and infinite sons of gods, or spirits, which in turn are still a piece of god.  If that makes sense.

We are created in God's image for sure.  But I would be cautious about saying I am a part of god.  That I would think would be prideful.  God always was and is but I am just a humble created being.  The Fear of God is the beginning of true wisdom.  To think we can become one with Him does not seem fearful but prideful that we can somehow attain the same state as He is.
That's the one thing I don't get, the fear of god.  Why not love god and feel his infinitely powerful love back?

I don't think we are gods separate from him, I think we are gods of him.  Like there's one god, one soul, which is everything, the light, and infinite sons of gods, or spirits, which in turn are still a piece of god.  If that makes sense.

The religion that most fits your beliefs is Hinduism.
I was thinking that and Buddhism before.  But I have since found understanding of some of the Mormon philosophy that intertwines with my understanding of Christianity and spiritual beliefs.

I think all religions got it down for the most part, though I believe some have been purposefully manipulated to gain control over the people.  The basis of all religions is true and it's those underlying philosophies that make a religion what it is.
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1042
Hamster ate my bitcoin
November 23, 2013, 05:45:41 PM

The religion that most fits your beliefs is Hinduism.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
November 23, 2013, 05:37:14 PM
1) Except you can logically prove that reality cannot only be objective, and so your assumption is wrong.

In the Bible, Paul the Apostle hated Christians and was so sure he was right about what he believed that he even killed them.  God, out of His mercy, caused him to be blinded for a short time and asked him "Why do you persecute me."  Paul did not realize that he was doing the wrong thing.  He was quite sure he was doing the right thing.  God was merciful to Paul in revealing Himself to him because his heart was in the place of trying to be zealous for good, but he was just misguided.  

All of that said, be careful in your search for proof.  God has a way of showing us proof in ways that might not be terribly comfortable if we fight Him too much.  (Like Paul, Johah, etc . . ) But God does "discipline those He loves" so even if it is uncomfortable at times I still appreciate the times He has "knocked me off my horse" so to speak and shown me the error of my ways.  It is not that I enjoy it, but I know that it out of love for me that He does that.
Ain't dat the truth.

So Dank,  you agree with me on so many things which I find interesting.  The one thing we disagree on, which is a huge issue I believe, is that you have a belief that we can somehow become God?  The first commandment says that we are to have no other God but Him.  Wouldn't claiming that we are "god" or could somehow become "god" be breaking the very first commandment? 

We are created in God's image for sure.  But I would be cautious about saying I am a part of god.  That I would think would be prideful.  God always was and is but I am just a humble created being.  The Fear of God is the beginning of true wisdom.  To think we can become one with Him does not seem fearful but prideful that we can somehow attain the same state as He is.
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 23, 2013, 05:05:56 PM

Ain't dat the truth.

legendary
You cannot kill love
November 23, 2013, 04:57:57 PM
We will never be able to prove god....

We will never be able to prove unicorns....
If unicorns don't exist, how did you think of it?
legendary
November 23, 2013, 01:17:51 AM

Ain't dat the truth.

legendary
Activity: 1120
1NF4xXDDpMVmeazJxJDLrFxuJrCAT7CB1b
November 22, 2013, 10:53:48 PM
according to dank we are from god and therefore we are all a part of god
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1042
Hamster ate my bitcoin
November 22, 2013, 10:50:21 PM

We will never be able to disprove that dank is god....
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
November 22, 2013, 10:22:05 PM

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
November 22, 2013, 09:05:13 PM
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 22, 2013, 07:04:54 PM

Ain't dat the truth.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
November 22, 2013, 02:41:24 AM
While the infinity example was obviously intended to be humorous, please tell me you're aware that there is a mathematical proof demonstrating some infinities are larger than others.  

If you are talking about Cantor's diagonalization, where the real number(R) p differs by a decimal digit from every real rational number(Q) n, and thus has no real number partner, the my answer is that p can not exist(in Q), or is an imaginary number. The reason is that since there is an countable infinite number of real rational number n's, you will never come to a conclusion on what p must be in Q. In other words, it will take an uncountable infinite amount of n numbers(which does not exist, as Q is only countable) for p to be created, or put another way, it will take an uncountable infinite amount of time, calculations, attempts, or whatever, in order to create p. So you will always get closer to creating p without actually creating it. But yet it can be constructed by other means.
Do your believe that for every set A there exists a set, called the power set of A, P(A), that contains every subset of the set A? (The axiom of power sets)?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
November 21, 2013, 06:10:22 PM
While the infinity example was obviously intended to be humorous, please tell me you're aware that there is a mathematical proof demonstrating some infinities are larger than others.  

If you are talking about Cantor's diagonalization, where the number p differs by a decimal digit from every real number n, and thus has no real number partner, the my answer is that p can not exist, or is an imaginary number. The reason is that since there is an infinite number of real number n's, you will never come to a conclusion on what p must be. In other words, it will take an infinite amount of n numbers for p to be created, or put another way, it will take an infinite amount of time, calculations, attempts, or whatever, in order to create p. So you will always get closer to creating p without actually creating it.

Yeah, that's one way of illustrating the point. 
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
November 21, 2013, 06:02:21 PM

4)  If you were a microbe on an elephant's butt, would you know that the ground you're walking on is an elephant?

Nope. but I wouldn't throw out random subjective coonclusions about what ground I'm walking on, either. I would only use conclusions I can observe and come to, and get closer to the correct answer by process of elimination (I should be able to tell it's not dirt, sand, or a furry fox butt). I wouldn't subjectively make up some story that sounds great, and claim that it's just as valid a conclusion as everything else (as the "God did it" folks do)

1)  How much do you need?  What kind of proof/evidence supports 1 + 1 = 2 aside from self-contained mathematical examples?  The fact that 1+1 = 2 is pretty obvious isn't it?  Well, it's equally obvious (elementary school level kind of obvious) that mental and physical reality are fundamentally inseparable.  It's obvious because we already have established logical properties that directly state that it's impossible to assert an absolute separation between any two things without committing a logical fallacy, just like we have established mathematical rules of operation.

Basically, failing to acknowledge that mental and physical reality are fundamentally related is like disagreeing that 1 + 1 = 2 under any possible interpretation.  As soon as you assert an absolute difference between two things you immediately commit a logical fallacy.  

2)  The point is I don't know why you would select an empirical model of learning out of all the available methods to attempt to explain reality at such a high level of generality.  The scientific method is ill-equipped for the task.  If you're trying to formulate conclusions about something beyond the scope of the empirical model, then why not just pick a better model?  You're just self-handicapping by using the empirical model.  In this regard, you're like a bible banger for empiricism, and no matter how much I try to tell you that there's a whole world of knowledge that is totally (by definition) inaccessible through empiricism, for some reason you have a really hard time processing that.
legendary
November 21, 2013, 05:33:25 PM
People would say I'm lucky.  But when other people in the audience start flying too, I'm pretty sure I'll have everyone believing.

Lucky would be winning once. Extremely lucky would be winning twice. Impossible would be winning three times, in a row. And it should be very simple for you. If you fly, other people won't fly too, they'll just start questioning how you did it (magicians in La Vegas "fly" all the time). If you win the lottery three times, no one will question your power.

Lucky would be the Earth forming by chance.  Extremely lucky would be the Sun being in the perfect distance from earth to cause the right temperature for life.  Impossible would be for man and woman to be formed by random chance of all of the molecules coming together in such a way to make life from nothing.

I know I am way off the topic here, but this came to my mind. Wink
legendary
November 21, 2013, 05:30:18 PM

Rassah, I know that you will respond that you would want nothing to do with a God that would do these sorts of things. As a mom to two girls I have come to have a different understanding.  It is a strange thing but as a parent of kids I understand God more than I used to.  I realize that I make my kids really upset with me sometimes when I correct them or tell them that they cannot have something or do something, but I make these decisions because I want what is best for my kids out of love for them.  Also, if I just let them do whatever they want would that be love?

But if you want or need proof, I will pray that you will have it.  I have been and will keep doing so until you get all the proof you need.  I know it annoys you but I think someday you might change your mind about that.  I hope so anyways.

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
November 21, 2013, 05:22:46 PM

If you are talking about Cantor's diagonalization, where the number p differs by a decimal digit from every real number n, and thus has no real number partner, the my answer is that p can not exist, or is an imaginary number. The reason is that since there is an infinite number of real number n's, you will never come to a conclusion on what p must be. In other words, it will take an infinite amount of n numbers for p to be created, or put another way, it will take an infinite amount of time, calculations, attempts, or whatever, in order to create p. So you will always get closer to creating p without actually creating it.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
November 21, 2013, 04:49:14 PM

4)  If you were a microbe on an elephant's butt, would you know that the ground you're walking on is an elephant?

Nope. but I wouldn't throw out random subjective coonclusions about what ground I'm walking on, either. I would only use conclusions I can observe and come to, and get closer to the correct answer by process of elimination (I should be able to tell it's not dirt, sand, or a furry fox butt). I wouldn't subjectively make up some story that sounds great, and claim that it's just as valid a conclusion as everything else (as the "God did it" folks do)
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
November 16, 2013, 04:45:50 PM
Space is an illusion, outer space did not create you, you created it.  You are the center of the universe, you are the universe, you are consciousness, consciousness is god.

Did you actually get a degree in bullshit?  Because seriously. . .wtf?  How stoned do you have to be to generate a wall of gibberish like that?
don't you see? dank is enlightened.
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 16, 2013, 04:43:51 PM
I was probably pretty stoned.  But this gibberish has vast meaning.

What is light?  What is sound?  Nothing but energy, waves of frequencies.  Everything is energy and your mind interprets these energies to create the illusion of time and space, when all we really are is a single point of consciousness.  Life is an elaborate dream.
Pages:
Jump to: