Pages:
Author

Topic: Crazy shit Bible says, crazy shit Christians say - page 32. (Read 31191 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
You are simply twisting the words to try and make it look bad. A fools/losers strategy to take down the opponent.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
These will give you the facts you are looking for. Lots of facts. You can check out the following websites too.
www.answersingenesis.org
www.rationalchristianity.com
www.creation.com
www.carm.org
www.tektonics.com
www.everystudent.com
www.reasonablefaith.com

ROFL.  You are killing me...That is funny....

doing the God's works....I guess.  The last one is the funniest: reasonable faith, is this a title for some Orwellian book.
Rational Christianity is another one.  ROFL. Roll Eyes

buy domains
rationalchristianity.com
is for sale!
Need a price instantly? Just give us a call.
844-896-7300
Toll Free in the U.S.
781-373-6893
Worldwide
We can give you the price over the phone, help you with the purchase process, and answer any questions.

Innovative design, exceptional fabrication

Tektonics Design Group is a full-service design and manufacturing firm offering industrial design, product development, machining, fabrication, and laser marking.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
These will give you the facts you are looking for. Lots of facts. You can check out the following websites too.
www.answersingenesis.org
www.rationalchristianity.com
www.creation.com
www.carm.org
www.tektonics.com
www.everystudent.com
www.reasonablefaith.com
legendary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkl_PefewXc

The list is endless. 

youtube really fuck them up. 

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

You didn't read it either, by your own admission.

So why should anyone listen to your opinion about it?

You don't know what you're talking about.

There is plenty of information available to you, showing that everything in the Bible is true and correct.

If you choose to reject that information, I can't force you to tell the truth about it.
[/quote]

People are encouraged to read the Bible for themselves.  I provided shortcuts to the crazier parts.

If you can read critically, you'll find this book repulsive, unless you are already a psychopath, in that case this book might be a good manual for you.

Problem is most Christians don't read the Bible. Or read the passages they like, passages that help them and ignore the rest.
By doing that they are ignoring God (which is probably correct anyway as I don't believe he exists).

My point is, this book is not a word of God, but it is a collective work of some sick, bronze age psychopaths that wrote rules to control their society as it emerged from stone age.

[/quote]

I agree completely. To be honest I have to go one step further. Bringing up children in bible belief is child abuse.
Denying a child knowledge because of your personal superstition if a crime.
Read the bible. Its the fastest way to Atheism. You find out what the book really says, and it's not pretty.
I read the bible after one of my friends was "born again" and he wanted to convert me. I read it, puked, and got him on the right track again.
The book is disgusting if you read it and not just take quotes from your pastor as "the truth".
Read the damn book before you make up your mind about if it is true or not
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
Note: this is only the tip of the iceberg... you also cannot eat meat and dairy in the same meal, etc... it's kinda spread throughout different books of the bible... God wasn't very organized when he wrote all those books...

Why did God need to repeat this law 3 times?  Wouldn't a perfect God write it perfectly the first time?

perhaps you could show us the verses that say we can't eat meat and milk together.

Once again, the meaning was lost in translation from Hebrew to English...

If the bible is perfect, why are there thousands of different denominations who interpret the words differently?

The real question is why would a perfect God need to repeat his command 3 times (using the exact same words)?

Speaking of redundancy in the bible... why is the creation story duplicated?  In Genesis 1, God created man and women together, both from the dust of the Earth... but in Genesis 2, he created man first, then he created woman out of man's rib... why the minor change in storyline?

Why do Catholics believe in a different set of 10 commandments than protestant Christians?
legendary

I did not write this vile book.

There is plenty of information available to you, showing that everything in the Bible is true and correct.

If you choose to reject that information, I can't force you to tell the truth about it.

People are encouraged to read the Bible for themselves.  I provided shortcuts to the crazier parts.

If you can read critically, you'll find this book repulsive, unless you are already a psychopath, in that case this book might be a good manual for you.

Problem is most Christians don't read the Bible. Or read the passages they like, passages that help them and ignore the rest.
By doing that they are ignoring God (which is probably correct anyway as I don't believe he exists).

My point is, this book is not a word of God, but it is a collective work of some sick, bronze age psychopaths who wrote rules to control their society as it emerged from stone age.

Note: this is only the tip of the iceberg... you also cannot eat meat and dairy in the same meal, etc... it's kinda spread throughout different books of the bible... God wasn't very organized when he wrote all those books...

Why did God need to repeat this law 3 times?  Wouldn't a perfect God write it perfectly the first time?

perhaps you could show us the verses that say we can't eat meat and milk together.

(Admits that it's not in the Bible, showing himself to be a liar and hypocrite, but claims that some other Jews said it or something)

Translation:

Pot: "Hey Kettle... you're black"

There are generally 2 common themes among Christians... hypocrisy, and ignorance...

How many times has this guy already claimed something as fact that we have proven false?  His first post was that we never referenced the bible (proving he didn't even bother to read the whopping 20 posts on the thread before making such a foolish reply)

I'm still waiting to see a single Christian that can articulate anything that is actually in the bible... so far, everything they assume about their own religion is false... it's like none of them have read the bible...

Until you can post a single verse from the Bible saying that we're not allowed to eat meat and milk together,
please don't waste everyone's time any more by pretending to tell the truth.

Those silly Jews must not know what they are talking about then, eh?  It's a shame they wrote the bible since they don't understand how to interpret the words...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_and_meat_in_Jewish_law

Logic would suggest that perhaps there is an error in the translation into English... and the Jews, who wrote the original Hebrew Bible... understand it better than you?

Quote from: Leviticus 26:29
You shall eat the flesh of your sons, and you shall eat the flesh of your daughters

Or this? (full context included for your benefit)
Quote from: Deuteronomy 28:53–57
53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the Lord thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:
54 So that the man that is tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave:
55 So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates.
56 The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter,
57 And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.

Those are predictions of how people will behave, not commands.

But of course you know that, since any child can understand it.

Until you can post a single verse from the Bible saying that we're not allowed to eat meat and milk together,
please don't waste everyone's time any more by pretending to tell the truth.

Here is the first one:

2 Kings 6:29King James Version (KJV)

29 So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.

You can fact check all others yourself.  Maybe something in my list is incorrect.  Post which one is incorrect, and I'll update the list.  No problem.

That is incorrect, because it's supposed to be a list of crazy things that the Bible condones or commands.

This is just a true story about someone doing something wrong, and it is understood that it is wrong.

By objecting to this story, you are the one who seems to be condoning cannibalism.  

The Bible says cannibalism is wrong, and you say that's "crazy".  Maybe you need professional help.

Actually, the bible never says cannibalism is wrong... anywhere...

And, considering the ruler of the town does not condemn the act of cannibalism, the assumption is that he condones the behavior... I read the passage and there is no mention of any punishment for the cannibalism... it does not even imply that it was immoral or wrong... it implies that the woman who hid her son, after making an agreement to eat the child, was in the wrong... sooooooo evil

How about this one?
Quote from: Leviticus 26:29
You shall eat the flesh of your sons, and you shall eat the flesh of your daughters

Or this? (full context included for your benefit)
Quote from: Deuteronomy 28:53–57
53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the Lord thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:
54 So that the man that is tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave:
55 So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates.
56 The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter,
57 And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.
legendary

Here is the first one:

29 So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.

You can fact check all others yourself.  Maybe something in my list is incorrect.  Post which one is incorrect, and I'll update the list.  No problem.

That is incorrect, because it's supposed to be a list of crazy things that the Bible condones or commands.

This is just a true story about someone doing something wrong, and it is understood that it is wrong.

By objecting to this story, you are the one who seems to be condoning cannibalism.  

The Bible says cannibalism is wrong, and you say that's "crazy".  Maybe you need professional help.

What you want from me, complain to your God.  Not me.  I did not write this vile book.

I you are defending it, you are a despicable human being.

The second I said, but in a completely different context... I was not talking about the prohibition of eating meat and dairy in the same meal... I was speaking of the various food prohibitions in reply to the man asking specifically about shellfish
What is the context for all those quotes from the book of Leviticus?

Please stop... you have obviously not read the bible

Have you read Leviticus?  You should know the context!  It's a fucking book of laws! that's what it is... that is the context... (horrible, immoral laws)

Leviticus includes such things as taking your unruly child to the edge of town and murdering your own child!

Read the fucking book man! It's insidious!

Here is the first one:

The Bible says cannibalism is wrong, and you say that's "crazy".  Maybe you need professional help.

The second I said, but in a completely different context... I was not talking about the prohibition of eating meat and dairy in the same meal... I was speaking of the various food prohibitions in reply to the man asking specifically about shellfish

You said "you also cannot eat meat and dairy in the same meal".

You were completely wrong, claiming that the Bible says things that the Bible does not say.

And now you want to talk about "context", like a true shameless hypocrite.

What is the context for all those quotes from the book of Leviticus?

When you quote specific rules only for priests from the tribe of Levi regarding how they were to handle their mobile temple tent in the wilderness for 40 years, and you tell people "God says you have to do these things", that makes you a liar.  For some people it might make them only mistaken, but you've gone out of your way to make a point about knowing what the Bible says before you speak.

Here is the first one:

Holy shit!  How did I not know the bible condones cannibalism?
legendary
Here are some crazy shit Bible says.  List is not complete, needs work....

Bible:
------
Kings 6:29 - cannibalism
Leviticus 25:44 - slavery
Deuteronomy 13:12-15 - genocide
Leviticus 10:6 - you will die if you rip your clothes
Leviticus 19:19 - breeding cattle is illegal
Leviticus 21 - some bat crazy rules for priests, do not fuck young boys should be somewhere there....
Leviticus 20:10 - killing of adulterers
Leviticus 20:9 - killing children who dishonor mother or father
Leviticus 24:16 - stoning people if they say God's name
Deuteronomy 28:53 - more cannibalism
Genesis 19:8 - prostituting your virgin daughters
Leviticus 19:19 - not mixing two kinds of material for clothing :-)
Deuteronomy 22:20-21 - more stoning for not being a virgin
Exodus 31:14-15 - killing of people who work on Sabbath
Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - cutting off hands
Deuteronomy 23:1 - you'll not go to heaven if your testicles are damaged
Leviticus 19:27 - no haircuts of any kind
Leviticus 19:28 - no tattoos, or else
Leviticus 11:7-8 - eating pork is forbidden

New Testament:
--------------
Matthew 5:29 - plucking out eyes
Matthew 5:30 - cutting off hands
Matthew 10:34 - waging wars by a sword
Corinthians 14:34-35 - women should be quiet and obey
Mark 10:11-12 - only marry once otherwise check Leviticus 20:10 for remedy
Luke 19:26-2 - genocide
Romans 1:20-32 - killing sinners
Revelation 2:5 - more killing
Revelation 2:23 - killing children

Psalm 137:9 - killing babies

You still haven't posted any actual quotes from the Bible, but you've posted plenty of things that are obviously false.

Are you certain those claims are false?  Have you read the bible?!?

Do you have a bible handy?  He posted the book, chapter and verse for each claim... lets hear what your bible says...

I just looked up some of those verses, and they don't say what he says they say.

Is he a liar, or stupid, or just confused?

Here is the first one:

Here are some crazy shit Bible says.  List is not complete, needs work....

Bible:
------
Kings 6:29 - cannibalism
Leviticus 25:44 - slavery
Deuteronomy 13:12-15 - genocide
Leviticus 10:6 - you will die if you rip your clothes
Leviticus 19:19 - breeding cattle is illegal
Leviticus 21 - some bat crazy rules for priests, do not fuck young boys should be somewhere there....
Leviticus 20:10 - killing of adulterers
Leviticus 20:9 - killing children who dishonor mother or father
Leviticus 24:16 - stoning people if they say God's name
Deuteronomy 28:53 - more cannibalism
Genesis 19:8 - prostituting your virgin daughters
Leviticus 19:19 - not mixing two kinds of material for clothing :-)
Deuteronomy 22:20-21 - more stoning for not being a virgin
Exodus 31:14-15 - killing of people who work on Sabbath
Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - cutting off hands
Deuteronomy 23:1 - you'll not go to heaven if your testicles are damaged
Leviticus 19:27 - no haircuts of any kind
Leviticus 19:28 - no tattoos, or else
Leviticus 11:7-8 - eating pork is forbidden

New Testament:
--------------
Matthew 5:29 - plucking out eyes
Matthew 5:30 - cutting off hands
Matthew 10:34 - waging wars by a sword
Corinthians 14:34-35 - women should be quiet and obey
Mark 10:11-12 - only marry once otherwise check Leviticus 20:10 for remedy
Luke 19:26-2 - genocide
Romans 1:20-32 - killing sinners
Revelation 2:5 - more killing
Revelation 2:23 - killing children

Psalm 137:9 - killing babies

You still haven't posted any actual quotes from the Bible, but you've posted plenty of things that are obviously false.

Are you certain those claims are false?  Have you read the bible?!?

Do you have a bible handy?  He posted the book, chapter and verse for each claim... lets hear what your bible says...

I just looked up some of those verses, and they don't say what he says they say.

Is he a liar, or stupid, or just confused?

I beg to differ... I have read the bible, and it says what he claims it says...

Quote from: Deuteronomy 13:15
Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.
He says genocide, and that's how I interpret the passage... How do you interpret this verse?
Pages:
Jump to: