Pages:
Author

Topic: Crazy shit Bible says, crazy shit Christians say - page 7. (Read 31183 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

There is no scientific proof for any age beyond about 4,500 years. There might be a lot of circular evidence, a lot of science theory, but there is no proof.

This means that, according to science fact, the earth is only about 4,500 years old. We can assume that it is older. But we don't know from science.

The Bible record might be a religious thing, but strong traditions among the Jews is the Biblical timeline of about 6,200 years, in their Old Testament, the Tanakh. They are a living race of people, not some dead race that cannot speak.

Cool

Nailed. Science is just a product of the curiosity of the stupid people like all of us anyways. Science cant even explain what are the creatures under water yet scientists believe that there is really a life form underwater how come that they dont believe on the creator(god). A crazy stupidity that acts like a geniuses

Yet, your trust in science is way, way, way stronger than your trust in God.

Picture the scene.
You've been in a terrible accident, and you're losing blood fast.
Thankfully, the ambulance has arrived, but because of the poisonous Jehovah's Witnesses's rhetoric of not donating blood, the ambulance crew has exhausted it's supply.  Angry
So where do you ask the ambulance crew to drive you to?

A) Hospital, as they have a good chance of more blood supplies.
or
B) Church. Best place so you can pray for God for help.

See. Your trust in God is a tiny atom of unimportance compared to your huge trust in medical science.
So you see, don't knock science too much, you trust it more than you care to admit. Waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy more.......
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

And your trust in God is way stronger than your trust in science. Whenever you do something, you trust that the standard physics of life and the universe are in place to allow you to do it. God holds the physics of life and the universe in place. So, you are really trusting in God.

Cool

I dig that perspective, mind if I use this in my arguments from now on? I like the inclusiveness, despite rejection. His love is indeed infinite; the wayward son gets even more attention than his stalwart brother when the Father listens.

The sheep try so hard to leave the pasture, not understanding that the pasture is the whole of things, there is nothing else.  Denial doesn't mean non existence, it's just a separation of sorts Wink

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

There is no scientific proof for any age beyond about 4,500 years. There might be a lot of circular evidence, a lot of science theory, but there is no proof.

This means that, according to science fact, the earth is only about 4,500 years old. We can assume that it is older. But we don't know from science.

The Bible record might be a religious thing, but strong traditions among the Jews is the Biblical timeline of about 6,200 years, in their Old Testament, the Tanakh. They are a living race of people, not some dead race that cannot speak.

Cool

Nailed. Science is just a product of the curiosity of the stupid people like all of us anyways. Science cant even explain what are the creatures under water yet scientists believe that there is really a life form underwater how come that they dont believe on the creator(god). A crazy stupidity that acts like a geniuses

Picture the scene.
Thankfully, the ambulance has arrived, but because of the poisonous Jehovah's Witnesses's rhetoric of not donating blood, the ambulance crew has exhausted it's supply.  Angry

or

See. Your trust in God is a tiny atom of unimportance compared to your huge trust in medical science.
So you see, don't knock science too much, you trust it more than you care to admit. Waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy more.......
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

And your trust in God is way stronger than your trust in science. Whenever you do something, you trust that the standard physics of life and the universe are in place to allow you to do it. God holds the physics of life and the universe in place. So, you are really trusting in God.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

Cool

Picture the scene.

or

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Activity: 812
Merit: 501
THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL
Religion is probably the biggest Scam of mankind. How can you believe in that nonsense that is written in the Bible? Came up with a story about God and have started to believe in it. No, to pretend to believe in it.

And the biggest religious scam is the religion of atheism. After all, nobody KNOWS for a fact that God DOESN'T exist. And when so-called atheists realize this, they have just had their atheism destroyed in themselves. Yet they go on, clinging blindly and stubbornly to their one doctrine, that God doesn't exist, when they know that they might easily be wrong. How pathetic!

Cool

Yes, atheism is also a religious trend and they can understand that they are mistaken, but they are simply ashamed to admit defeat.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
@popcorn - explain where did those natural elements came from.

@newbie - thats the reason why i believe that there is a creator because no matter how hard we find reasons for everything we would always end up to a thing that we humans cant explain

Completely false.
We might end discovering a cycle of things. Then we'll explain everything as the phenomenons are cyclic.

Moreover thsi is a dumb argument that I can use myself. If there is a creator, who created him?
If there is a God, where does he come from? How does he live? Does he have only one universe? What happens when he dies? If he doesn't die then what will happen when the world end? Will he create another universe? From what and how?

Dumb argument is dumb ^^
legendary
Why not just learn how to respect belief of others or why not just simply respect them?

If you respect beliefs that are opposite of your beliefs, you are changing your beliefs.

Respect the people of those beliefs because they are people. Don't respect beliefs except if they ring true with you.

Cool
You always agitate for religion, but religious beliefs are not similar to the truth. This is what gives me the right not to respect? I don't agree with it.

I am not attempting to agitate. I am simply showing points of fact.

You have your religious freedom to agree or not to agree. But if you start disrespecting people because you don't respect their beliefs, then you are heading in the direction of violence.

Cool

You are missing the point.  Stating that someone is a moron who believes in nonsense is not disrespecting him/her, it is just stating a fact.

Stupid ideas should be criticized.  People who make stupid mistakes should be criticized.

Nobody advocates violence, but I know it is hard for you religious folks to understand it.  You have a history of using religion as a tool of conquest, slavery, unimaginable violence and genocide.

If someone tells me they are Julius Cesar the Roman Emperor, I immediately question his/her sanity.   The same goes for people who "know" that there is heaven and hell and that God is up there and is watching us.

Okay. By your own idea. You are kinda weak minded for not understanding that God exists, in the face of the scientific proof and the evidence of nature:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10718395
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16803380.

See? We don't have to disrespect the person simply because he is ignorant, and mentally weak enough that he can barely think.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
Why not just learn how to respect belief of others or why not just simply respect them?

If you respect beliefs that are opposite of your beliefs, you are changing your beliefs.

Respect the people of those beliefs because they are people. Don't respect beliefs except if they ring true with you.

Cool
You always agitate for religion, but religious beliefs are not similar to the truth. This is what gives me the right not to respect? I don't agree with it.

You have your religious freedom to agree or not to agree. But if you start disrespecting people because you don't respect their beliefs, then you are heading in the direction of violence.

Cool

You are missing the point.  Stating that someone is a moron who believes in nonsense is not disrespecting him/her, it is just stating a fact.

Stupid ideas should be criticized.  People who make stupid mistakes should be criticized.

Nobody advocates violence, but I know it is hard for you religious folks to understand it.  You have a history of using religion as a tool of conquest, slavery, unimaginable violence and genocide.

If someone tells me they are Julius Cesar the Roman Emperor, I immediately question his/her sanity.   The same goes for people who "know" that there is heaven and hell and that God is up there and is watching us.

legendary
Interesting who set some framework for a normal person. With the same success I can say but not a believer or an atheist and the same that he is an abnormal person. I do not understand why someone can interfere with someone because of their belief in God.

Muslims do it with force all the time.    Cool
Activity: 274
Interesting who set some framework for a normal person. With the same success I can say but not a believer or an atheist and the same that he is an abnormal person. I do not understand why someone can interfere with someone because of their belief in God.
legendary

Cool

Cool
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

Cool
legendary

Cool
Activity: 262

Because you need to try to impose all your opinion and way of life in order to manage people later Grin
Activity: 31
Activity: 910
Merit: 500

Cool

Activity: 33
Religion is probably the biggest Scam of mankind. How can you believe in that nonsense that is written in the Bible? Came up with a story about God and have started to believe in it. No, to pretend to believe in it.

It is necessary to manage people so that they are afraid of something. Christians were even forcibly forced to believe in this religion, and those who did not submit were brutally murdered.
It was with all religions. What do Muslims? It seems to me that religion are the most irreconcilable opponents. The number of people killed in religious conflicts more than the number of those who died in wars.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100

It is necessary to manage people so that they are afraid of something. Christians were even forcibly forced to believe in this religion, and those who did not submit were brutally murdered.
legendary
I am a Christian i do not read bible.
Of course. If you read the bible properly you wouldn't be Christian.

All the holy books contain verses which are not compatible with the current cultural ethos. The bible is not an exception. Similar verses can be found in the Quran, the Bhagvat Geeta, and the Tripitaka.

Regarding the Bible, it's about time that people step up out of the quagmire of their stupidity, and start believing what it says, and then living what they learned to believe from it.

Cool
I fail to see the obvious benefits of people believing in flat young earth.  Huh Huh Huh

Me, too. However, the benefits would be a little better than believing in a flat old earth. Why? Because the young earth part is reality, if you can call 6200-y-o young.

Cool

Young Earth is a fairy tale.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/top-10/oldest-sites-world/

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

All the holy books contain verses which are not compatible with the current cultural ethos. The bible is not an exception. Similar verses can be found in the Quran, the Bhagvat Geeta, and the Tripitaka.

Regarding the Bible, it's about time that people step up out of the quagmire of their stupidity, and start believing what it says, and then living what they learned to believe from it.

Cool
I fail to see the obvious benefits of people believing in flat young earth.  Huh Huh Huh

Me, too. However, the benefits would be a little better than believing in a flat old earth. Why? Because the young earth part is reality, if you can call 6200-y-o young.

Cool

Young Earth is a fairy tale.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/top-10/oldest-sites-world/

legendary

Cool

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: