Pages:
Author

Topic: CrazyLoaf's CrazySteak(TM) High PoS Investment Journal - page 10. (Read 18513 times)

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
Useful thread... will probably grow well.

Note Supercoin is absent from the list...  100% PoS, novel anon send system. Plans for a 150% PoS (50% bonus for 'Proof of Rich' ie wallet balance above certain threshold has higher stake rate).
SuperSend Trustless makes heavy use of multisig technology. The sender of the coin will randomly choose 2 middle service nodes from his service node list to help the anonymous transfer. Among the two nodes chosen, one provides the mixing service, and another provides a guarantee service (like a form of escrow, where cheating causes losses to the cheater, because they provide their own coins for the round-trip transaction, getting a small fee)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annsupercoin-unique-most-advanced-anonymous-trustless-multisig-technology-736705
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
ORB has a good chance to grow.
i missing ORB in your List.... tzzz Wink
Activity: 763
Merit: 534
Some Additional Updates

Alright, so I've been thinking of how I want to actually operate this thing. I think right now I'll try to do an update about every 5 days. That way, it's not on a weekly or monthly basis and maybe we'll notice something interesting about timing. For example, do a lot of people sell on certain days of the week, once a month, etc.

StakeforSteak(TM)

In line with StakeHunter, I'll be doing a 25% send on stake amounts to exchanges to be sold. I was originally going to do 50%, but it seems there is some mental anchoring around 25%, and I kinda like my position in the HyperStake rich list - sorry David Latapie Tongue It's also a good idea to unlock profits over time and more in line with what high PoS is all about. Sell some of your stake to eat (steak)!

Actually, I'll just sell when I want Tongue But this is a viable alternative for people who want everything on autopilot Smiley

CrazyLoaf's CrazySteak(TM) 9/20/14 Update

Alright, table below:

ORG BTC   STAKE   NAME   BTC    COINS    AVG COST   CURRENT   VALUE   30-STAKE   SOLDVAL   SOLD#   AVG SELL   ROI   PLACE
4.65   750%   HYP   4.65    501,169    0.00000928   0.00003095   15.51   9.55    -       -      #DIV/0!   234%   3
7.70   500%   TEK   7.70    45,657    0.00016865   0.00020892   9.54   2.86    -       -      #DIV/0!   24%   ?
4.00   200%   CAP   4.00    142,170    0.00002814   0.00001735   2.47   0.40    -       -      #DIV/0!   -38%   9
7.60   100%   HBN   7.60    134,357    0.00005657   0.00006885   9.25   0.56    -       -      #DIV/0!   22%   7

It doesn't look like BTC Talk likes tables and I'm not fooling with the table command or uploading a pic.

Here's a discussion of what each column means:

- Org BTC: Original BTC amount invested; may get rid of this later
- Stake: % that the coin is rated on a yearly basis; compounded is higher
- Name: Coin Name
- BTC: BTC invested in the coin; considering having this be decreased as coins sold
- Coins: Number of coins I have of that type
- Average Cost: Average cost of that coin based on live invested BTC amount
- Current: Current sat value of the coin, taken as last trade on largest market (either Cryptsy or Poloniex in the case of HYP)
- Value: Current value of those coins
- 30-Stake: Simple calculated amount in BTC that should stake in 30 days; not compounded
- Sold Val: Value in BTC of sold coins
- Sold #: Number of coins sold
- Average Sell: Average sold price of coins
- ROI: Return on investment; should eventually be infinite if I extinguish BTC costs in
- Place: Where my address stands on the rich list

Activity: 297
Merit: 100
Thanks CrazyLoaf, very helpful!
Yes, I was referring to HYP  Smiley I appreciate the clarification on the scenario. I understand when buying HYP the coins must be withdrawn in increments of 1600 to generate maximum staking.

You don't have to withdraw in that fashion. You can actually withdraw them all to your wallet, and then use coin control to break up the blocks quickly. It's much easier than trying to withdraw over and over from exchanges.
Yes, I was referring to HYP  Smiley I appreciate the clarification on the scenario. I understand when buying HYP the coins must be withdrawn in increments of 1600 to generate maximum staking.
RE: Hyper: Need 6.5 BTC worth to generate 4 BTC monthly--> Are you saying an investment of 6.5 BTC would then yield 4 BTC/monthly?
If so..there is no other financial instrument like it anywhere, although I acknowledge the high risk.

Well, I am referring to Hyperstake (HYP) and not HYPER to be clear. It's currently traded on Poloniex, among other sites, but volume is highest there.

Based on the simple interest numbers, HYP pays roughly 61.5% per month. Now, all that means is that if you hold, you can get 61.5% more HYP, that is not necessarily your ROI. My calculation was based on HYP at a stable price. If you buy 6.5 BTC worth of HYP, stake it for one month, you will then have 10.5 BTC (6.5 * 1.615). You can then sell the 4 BTC staked and still have your 6.5 BTC principal.

Now, let's look at the scenario where HYP crashes. Then the staking can bring you to a breakeven point even if the price is permanently depressed as long as you can sell. Say you go buy 6.5 BTC worth of HYP, but then it loses 85% of it's value. Then you have roughly 1 BTC worth of HYP left. Follow this:

Stake 1 month, 1.000*1.615 = 1.615 BTC
Stake 2 month, 1.615*1.615 = 2.608 BTC
Stake 3 month, 2.608*1.615 = 4.212 BTC
Stake 4 month, 4,212*1.615 = 6.803 BTC

So what I've shown here is that even if the coin loses 85% of it's value the minute you buy it, even at that depressed price, you can potentially recover your initial investment in just 4 months of staking. Actually, it will take less time since HYP stakes every 9 days roughly, meaning there are 13.33 stake periods in 4 months, versus just 4.

If you have any questions let me know Smiley
RE: Hyper: Need 6.5 BTC worth to generate 4 BTC monthly--> Are you saying an investment of 6.5 BTC would then yield 4 BTC/monthly?
If so..there is no other financial instrument like it anywhere, although I acknowledge the high risk.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer
Made some changes to TEK in the earlier posts based on checking the forums some more as well as my experience with the coin as of late:

TEK is an old guard high PoS coin, meeting a few other alts in the "older than 1 year and active" category. The beauty of TEK is that it's 30 day minimum holding period to obtain juicy stakes makes choosing to hold or dump a tough decision, making it difficult for new people to buy a nice large block on exchanges. That's also part of the coin's power.

Recently, there was a hard fork and some staking changes based on difficulty where, since so many people had mature blocks, they set off difficulty calculations that made the stake less. Some people thought this was a permanent attribute, and ragedumped large amounts of the coins. One person in particular dumped 35k in one go, and I was able to pick up some of them.

However, I have personally staked some coins since the fork at 40%, and with new coins, I have tried to spread them out each day since PoS difficulty I'm sure will fluctuate in the short term. I think even if the stake is permanently reduced, TEK could have value since it is one of the older PoS coins (1+ year old) and the current number of coins outstanding isn't that high (2.2M vs HYP's 17.6M). I also am more partial to the 30 day waiting period since it rewards holders vs traders.

Yes I think this is something that TEK really has going for it... the 30 day period. It really requires a "proof of commitment", and for sure restricts the order books.
Made some changes to TEK in the earlier posts based on checking the forums some more as well as my experience with the coin as of late:

TEK is an old guard high PoS coin, meeting a few other alts in the "older than 1 year and active" category. The beauty of TEK is that it's 30 day minimum holding period to obtain juicy stakes makes choosing to hold or dump a tough decision, making it difficult for new people to buy a nice large block on exchanges. That's also part of the coin's power.

Recently, there was a hard fork and some staking changes based on difficulty where, since so many people had mature blocks, they set off difficulty calculations that made the stake less. Some people thought this was a permanent attribute, and ragedumped large amounts of the coins. One person in particular dumped 35k in one go, and I was able to pick up some of them.

However, I have personally staked some coins since the fork at 40%, and with new coins, I have tried to spread them out each day since PoS difficulty I'm sure will fluctuate in the short term. I think even if the stake is permanently reduced, TEK could have value since it is one of the older PoS coins (1+ year old) and the current number of coins outstanding isn't that high (2.2M vs HYP's 17.6M). I also am more partial to the 30 day waiting period since it rewards holders vs traders.

I think people in general have no idea how much work and time goes into many aspects of getting a coin running strong in code, or to market. I also don't think many coins are going far on one man team shows, there is just too much to do and too many areas to take care of.
Having a budget or getting paid would be amazing... want a new compile or something? bang easily done if you have money.

Right, which is why it blows my mind to see such low caps on these cheap coins. I don't even think you could get a restaurant for like $170k total. Looking at 6% ROI on that is $10,200. If that's the net, what is the gross? Crazy.
legendary
Activity: 938
Tossing this idea out here, but may just be me talking out of my ass, so let's see what you all think.

One thing I like about these high PoS coins is that the market caps on them is pretty low atm. I think the highest seemingly unpumped rate could be $635k for TEK, and then we could say that HBN tended towards $400k-$500k excluding the Mr. Net pump at a time when Cryptsy wallets were having issues.

Right now, HBN is $172,102 in market cap. Now, let's look from the perspective of hiring a developer. Would $150 hourly be too much or too little for Tranz? I don't think so, especially when you keep in mind that the rule of thumb is to charge x3 what you want your effective hourly rate to be. $50 an hour is $100k a year. Can we agree that Tranz is at minimum a $100k a year developer, especially compared to say a typical salaried job where maybe $25k-$30k of that salary would be pro-rated out in benefits, so a $75k a year job?

Alright, the current market cap assumes 1,147 hours of work at a $150 an hour rate, IF it was purely a development job. If Tranz said he has at least a 2 year plan on HBN, would it be safe to say at least 50 hours a month, or 12.5 hours a week is spent on HBN?

Of course, the reality is more complicated than that, but valuing a coin from a development costs perspective just crossed my mind and I wanted to share.

I think people in general have no idea how much work and time goes into many aspects of getting a coin running strong in code, or to market. I also don't think many coins are going far on one man team shows, there is just too much to do and too many areas to take care of.
Having a budget or getting paid would be amazing... want a new compile or something? bang easily done if you have money.
Tossing this idea out here, but may just be me talking out of my ass, so let's see what you all think.

One thing I like about these high PoS coins is that the market caps on them is pretty low atm. I think the highest seemingly unpumped rate could be $635k for TEK, and then we could say that HBN tended towards $400k-$500k excluding the Mr. Net pump at a time when Cryptsy wallets were having issues.

Right now, HBN is $172,102 in market cap. Now, let's look from the perspective of hiring a developer. Would $150 hourly be too much or too little for Tranz? I don't think so, especially when you keep in mind that the rule of thumb is to charge x3 what you want your effective hourly rate to be. $50 an hour is $100k a year. Can we agree that Tranz is at minimum a $100k a year developer, especially compared to say a typical salaried job where maybe $25k-$30k of that salary would be pro-rated out in benefits, so a $75k a year job?

Alright, the current market cap assumes 1,147 hours of work at a $150 an hour rate, IF it was purely a development job. If Tranz said he has at least a 2 year plan on HBN, would it be safe to say at least 50 hours a month, or 12.5 hours a week is spent on HBN?

Of course, the reality is more complicated than that, but valuing a coin from a development costs perspective just crossed my mind and I wanted to share.

legendary
Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

CrazyLoaf, it has been explained before. Generate maybe 5 to 10 addresses for your staking needs. Use the Coin Control and 'Add recipient' button to split large inputs into these addresses.

Why use multiple addresses?

Because sendmany works this way.

Sendmany the rpc call eh? I suppose it just depends on how you want your coins organized, whether they are all kept in one address, or if they are spread through many addresses. But there is no actual benefit in terms of reward to having multiple addresses.

It saves time and allows to load these addresses into separate wallets should you need it.
legendary
Blockchain Developer
I sent you an email, did you get it? ^

Yes I did Smiley  I will be responding soon, my co-dev David Latapie would like to have some participation in the answers so I have sent it to him. Thanks mtwelve!
legendary
Merit: 1009
I sent you an email, did you get it? ^
legendary
Blockchain Developer

CrazyLoaf, it has been explained before. Generate maybe 5 to 10 addresses for your staking needs. Use the Coin Control and 'Add recipient' button to split large inputs into these addresses.

Sendmany the rpc call eh? I suppose it just depends on how you want your coins organized, whether they are all kept in one address, or if they are spread through many addresses. But there is no actual benefit in terms of reward to having multiple addresses.
legendary
Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

legendary
Blockchain Developer

Pages:
Jump to: