Pages:
Author

Topic: CrazyLoaf's CrazySteak(TM) High PoS Investment Journal - page 11. (Read 18511 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
^ Is that you Blundertoe?
legendary
Activity: 938
I left out tek, because it seems the Dev can never get things straight. Wallets always seems on wrong fork, always problems with this or that. He has even said last week that the POS is really only 40%. The coins above I have personally gained some handsome payouts and can personally attest that they all work very well, and payout as advertised.

Vegas

well im glad you left it out, considering the year it has had you really missed the boat congratulations.

TEK was .00000401 nov 18th
actually .00000101 on nov 25th
has dropped under .00001 multiple times only to recover quickly and strongly.
now sitting at .00027... yeap horrible deal
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Good to see you Crazyloaf. Love your info here, its spot on. Your story sounds exactly like mine. When I started in Nov 2013, I mined everything I could. I really didnt know what I had and didnt have a clear investment strategy. I hold the following coins in order of prefrence:

1. Bottle caps (I only hold 6000 coins, but this is going to change really fast).
2. HyperStake (Remember guys withdraw in 1600 coin blocks or you waste the rest, if you dont know what this means , read their ann, its IMPORTANT!!). Proven , it DOES pay, and pay well!
3. Jackpot. Most are suprised to see this and even disagree. Heres the facts: 40% pos, trusted dev, senior coin, and a wallet that truly pays and it pays well every day, NEVER had a problem, held since the start and STILL mine today, active happy community, and very regular wallet updates, LOVE IT!!! Hold 7Mil
4. HBN
5. Super (Its on shaky ground right now, but POS rocks the house, and is 100% pos interest, prices are CHEAP right now, I get paid 1-6 coins about every 10 minutes holding 56k of coins worth 1200 sat each)
6. Boom. Now some of you might wonder on this one as the POS is only 9% , BUT it feels higher. I hold 46k coins and get about .7 of a coin about 20 times a day. They are about 1500 sat each. First dev to score a 5/5 POD.
7. Captcoin. POS is 30% interest. Professional dev, and many optomistic investors. A Newer coin, and prices low at 1400 sat
8. Stealth. 20% POS interest. More important features 5/5 POD, trades 250+ BTC in volume daily on Bittrex. Constantly goes up in price.
9. Sonic Screwdriver 20% interest. 5/5 POD. Professional dev with optomistic community. A Very new coin, but seems to have an exciting future.

Other ideas: Noble will soon go pos at 175%, note dev been saying this for MONTHS, but it only costs 7-8 sat at this time. Growth coin is another idea, but its seems like its dying, wouldnt put too much into this. (small community, not too active, but 100% pos interest)

I wanted to throw in my ideas because everyone has mentioned all the highest POS coins many times over, so I wanted to share my interests for you to consider to add to your portfolio.

I left out tek, because it seems the Dev can never get things straight. Wallets always seems on wrong fork, always problems with this or that. He has even said last week that the POS is really only 40%. The coins above I have personally gained some handsome payouts and can personally attest that they all work very well, and payout as advertised.

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 1232
HBN has been my bread and butter since the beginning of this year. steady volume, good development and an active community. No pumpers or shills involved. I also hold HYP and TEK which is no secret since I love high interest PoS coins myself.

This journal looks good. Best of luck! I will definitely be reading it.
Activity: 444
Merit: 250
Life is a bitch, get used to it...
So what's the difference between a coin that generates POS blocks every 10 days and ORB (or any other high diff POS coin) that stakes at 10-12 days. Where is the "help" to the network?Huh
I'm confused.......  Huh Huh

If you keep your wallet offline almost always and generate a single block with an interest, that's one situation. If you keep the wallet online 24/7 and generate 10 blocks, that's another situation. In the former case, you don't help to distribute the block chain and relay transactions, don't create many blocks which is the most important work. The network is less secure against 51% attacks with most stakers offline.

What you wrote is obvious and makes sense.
But, if i have one HBN block that generates one POS after 10 days and one ORB block wich generates also one POS block after 10 days (because of the high diff).........where is THE DIFFERENCE???

P.S: all my wallets are open 24/7 and i have many blocks that enter in POS almost everyday.
P.S2: @ Crazyloaf
I think Tranz will add a "Max stake value of 500 coins" in HBN 1.5 wich is good for coin health. HYP already has a 1000 coins limit per POS block. This should avoid obscene inflation.
Activity: 763
Merit: 534
The interesting takeaway is that by just focusing on HYP, TEK, and CAP, you can *potentially* build a portfolio that *may* generate 3 BTC a month in stake while still being able to own the coins for roughly 10.5 BTC.

Let's just take BTC at $450, so $1,350. Look at that through the lens of a minimum wage job at $7.25. You've already able to replace it with change on the staking alone on a monthly basis (186 hours via stake vs 160 monthly work hours). 10.5 BTC is $4,725, giving you an effective ROI of around 30% monthly. Note that I didn't include any compounding effects and actually used a 30% stake rate on TEK vs the historical 40%, and a pretty cheap BTC level.

All of this points to a pretty good *gamble* on risk/return levels. Where else can you put in $4,725 and potentially walk away with $1,350? Then there is the added bonus of it being open to leverage on BTC as well. Say none of these coins every go anywhere price wise, but BTC goes back to $1k and volume remains more or less the same? Then your portfolio becomes $10k throwing off $3k monthly.

Let's look at this from the area of a higher earner. Landlords who work on their own properties usually use $50 an hour for their labor, depending on their location. Stakes pay an effective 27 hours, which I'm almost willing to bump up to 40 (reducing to $33.75 an hour, or an effective $67,500 yearly job) due to the fact that it's as close to passive as can be.

Just some thoughts. Could be all bullshit Tongue

I was playing around with some numbers since I was bored. I didn't look at the effect of compounding since I feel that, especially in the case of Tranz and Presstab, they have a better handle on avoiding obscene inflation than I do. Based on the PoS rates, I was trying to figure out what amount of BTC it would take to generate either 4 or 1 BTC a month per coin.

HYPERSTAKE

*9 days min*

40.58 stake periods per year
18.48% stake per period
3.33 stake periods per month
61.54% per month

*30 days max*

12.18 stake periods per year
61.58% stake per period/month

Need 6.5 BTC worth to generate 4 BTC monthly
1.625 BTC for 1 BTC

TEKCOIN

12.175 stake periods per year

30 days / 20% - 20 BTC / 5 BTC

30 days / 30% - 13.33 BTC / 2.67 BTC

30 days / 40% - 10 BTC / 2.5 BTC

BOTTLECAPS

*15 days min*

24.35 stake periods per year
8.21% stake per period
2 stake periods per month
16.42% per month

*45 days max*
8.12 stake periods per year
24.63% stake per period
0.66 stake periods per month
16.26% per month

Need 24.62 BTC to generate 4 BTC monthly
6.16 BTC for 1 BTC

HOBONICKELS

36.53 stake periods per year
2% stake per period
3 stake periods per month
6% per month

Need 66.67 BTC to generate 4 BTC monthly
16.67 BTC for 1 BTC
So what's the difference between a coin that generates POS blocks every 10 days and ORB (or any other high diff POS coin) that stakes at 10-12 days. Where is the "help" to the network?Huh

As far as I can tell, ORB pays out a fixed amount (1 ORB per block(s) of 20 ORB). On it's face, that seems to be 5% let's say every 10 days. However, as some people have reported, the system likes larger blocks to stake, but you're limited to that earlier reward amount, reducing your effective interest. The help to the network is giving your computer power to keep track of transactions. That's why a wallet has to be open and downloading blocks to "stake" in the first place.

Really, the fact that people seem to be competing like mad for blocks and then some people have to have larger blocks to get the reward doesn't make the coin as interesting to me. Any time spent recombining or splitting blocks is time destroying stake age. I'll take another look at ORB, but I am a creature of habit and the NVCS inspired coins seem easier to work with and not lose too much time on.

If I recall, Presstab in HYP is actually working on a system where the blocks automatically resize and optimize based on your wallet practices. I think for coins that take PoS seriously, this is the future, especially as HYP, CAP, and HBN institute max stake subsidies to better reward those that protect the network.
legendary
Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

If you keep your wallet offline almost always and generate a single block with an interest, that's one situation. If you keep the wallet online 24/7 and generate 10 blocks, that's another situation. In the former case, you don't help to distribute the block chain and relay transactions, don't create many blocks which is the most important work. The network is less secure against 51% attacks with most stakers offline.
legendary
ORB POS diff is pretty high, i had about 2k ORB in many small blocks (25-40 coins) and weight of 20k coin days age (or something, quite confusing term) and it minted about 3-4 POS per day /1 ORB each (that is 4 ORB/day). After 3 weeks it has become boring and i dumped all my ORB. I prefer x% after y days , than many small transactions everyday.

Sure you prefer to start up a client once or twice a month to collect interest, but you don't help the network much this way.

ghostlander, or anyone familiar with ORB. About how long would a 24/7 running daemon take to stake a block of 20 ORB on average?

When the PoS difficulty was 0.01 to 0.02, it was about 10 days. Now the difficulty is 0.02 to 0.03, so it takes longer. Maybe 12 days. Larger inputs stake faster.
ORB POS diff is pretty high, i had about 2k ORB in many small blocks (25-40 coins) and weight of 20k coin days age (or something, quite confusing term) and it minted about 3-4 POS per day /1 ORB each (that is 4 ORB/day). After 3 weeks it has become boring and i dumped all my ORB. I prefer x% after y days , than many small transactions everyday.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer
ghostlander, or anyone familiar with ORB. About how long would a 24/7 running daemon take to stake a block of 20 ORB on average?
legendary
Merit: 1009
@mtwelve
I builded my stash in about 8-9 months and in this time i let all POS blocks to compound. So, if you start now after 9-10 months you'll have (maybe) same profits Smiley

Oh goody! Ill get to it Smiley
legendary
Regarding ORB and value being stable while having merchants.. Is there any way to tell how much has been used for merchant transaction?

I don't think CoinPayments are going to disclose this information.
Yes I am sticking by my "merchants don't matter theory".  What is the purpose of a coin?  Well for me and a lot of other people, I think the answer is fun. Let's be honest, these high PoS coins are not the next bitcoin, or litecoin, etc. They are craft coins that gather respectable communities, that give input and help with the infrastructure of the coin. Having merchants is nice, but it is not the main feature of a coin, it is more of a marketing play. There are too many coins out there that are way too serious, which is what I and many others have loved about HYP, it is a place to come relax FUD free.

I suppose in my view of coin economics, the 3 primary drivers of demand for coins are: speculative value, community value, and novelty value.

There's nothing wrong with a coin being an avenue to more BTC or whatever the dominant crypto is in the future. A lot of these alts already function like that with a large pump and subsequent dump to BTC. High PoS avoids the constant new coin creation cycle to get more BTC by letting it be a part of the coin ecosystem. High PoS just tries to "stick to the cooking" and not enter the technological arms race we see in other spheres of crypto.
I'd like to add that all my POS coins are generating about 0,3-0,4 BTC/month at actual prices Wink . Well i invested some good amount of BTC in POS coins , but it's worth it in any case.

This is pretty cool. There aren't too many other passive investments out there that can operate like this and, at the same time, give you the potential for huge upswings in value.

Let's say you get $250 a month. What else can passively generate that? Assuming 3% annual dividends, you'd need almost a $100k stock portfolio to generate that. You could move a little more high risk and with higher costs and invest in a rental property. Okay you buy a $25k property (good luck finding one that isn't a dump and/or doesn't require a ton of work). Hell netting $250, by the rule of thumb of 50% of rent going to costs, would require a $500 a month rent, so let's just bump up the home price to $75k - $100k.

The fact of the matter is, for the lack of effort, you're not going to find something that can generate as much free-cash flow as these high PoS coins, and they have 24/7 hour markets to boot where you can unload them at almost no transaction costs.

+100
Totally agree with you Smiley

Last year when BTC rose up to 1000$ i made some good profits and about half of my BTC invested in POS. I knew about Hobo and thought it's a good investment. After TG launched his Journal, i even invested more .
legendary
Blockchain Developer
Yes that would be right then, I have never staked ORB so don't know what size of blocks actually stake in a timely manner. And then size of block would determine the PoS rate.

Yes I am sticking by my "merchants don't matter theory".  What is the purpose of a coin?  Well for me and a lot of other people, I think the answer is fun. Let's be honest, these high PoS coins are not the next bitcoin, or litecoin, etc. They are craft coins that gather respectable communities, that give input and help with the infrastructure of the coin. Having merchants is nice, but it is not the main feature of a coin, it is more of a marketing play. There are too many coins out there that are way too serious, which is what I and many others have loved about HYP, it is a place to come relax FUD free.

I suppose in my view of coin economics, the 3 primary drivers of demand for coins are: speculative value, community value, and novelty value.

Regarding ORB and value being stable while having merchants.. Is there any way to tell how much has been used for merchant transaction?

hBN has one advantage - many merchants

HBN has less than 10 merchants. ORB has over than 80 merchants. Feel the difference.

ORB isn't high PoS.

Also I would like to point out, as CrazyLoaf has a few times, that merchants don't matter.  For example, although ORB has 80 merchants, and according to coinmarketcap has traded $110 USD worth in the last 24 hours. HBN has a smaller amount of merchants and has traded $229 in 24 hours. HYP has absolutely no merchants and has traded $2,900 in 24 hours.

Having merchants is just another way to dump your coins, they end up on the same exchanges, traded for the same BTC, but the only difference is that the user is charged a fee for someone else to do it for them.

But nevertheless, many crypto users find it very important that a coin has a few merchants that accept it. For me, I just use btc for those types of transactions.

ORB is higher PoS than HBN definitely. It is fixed reward PoS, therefore APR depends on difficulty. It can be as high as 500% compound per annum, though it's likely to be between 200% and 300% in reality.

You say merchants don't matter. What do you see a primary purpose of a coin? P&D on exchanges? ORB/BTC holds a steady exchange rate of 5k sat. at Cryptsy for the past month. There were a few sporadic high volume fluctuations, but the market held. According to your theory, these 80+ merchants should drive the price down by dumping their sales. It doesn't happen.

CrazyLoaf, it has been explained before. Generate maybe 5 to 10 addresses for your staking needs. Use the Coin Control and 'Add recipient' button to split large inputs into these addresses.

@mtwelve
I builded my stash in about 8-9 months and in this time i let all POS blocks to compound. So, if you start now after 9-10 months you'll have (maybe) same profits Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: