Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 4492 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 1
June 27, 2018, 09:54:52 AM
My country is in control of bitcoin and cryptocurrency increasingly. The offender uses this market to carry out money laundering or illegal acts. There should be appropriate policy to control this problem. Every problem has two sides: good and bad. Therefore,it is necessary to promote the value of bitcoin and prevent illegal behavior.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
June 27, 2018, 09:38:46 AM
Criminality and illegal trade should be distinguished from bitcoins. Lets not forget that before the invention of cryptocurrencies; issues of hacking, terrorism and other nefarious activities were still on record; why do we now associate every bad act to the advent of cryptos. I believe bitcoin have nothing to do with criminals
Activity: 178
June 27, 2018, 09:18:19 AM
Even paper money used in illegal trade. It's certainly very difficult to trace the line of transactions during theft. Most of them use mixing services to mix their coins and make them untraceable. People will still steal. So stealing or criminalism will last. Bitcoin is not a problem but human psychological make. Scamming has been since the beginning of life even from the story.
Activity: 171
Merit: 10
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
June 27, 2018, 09:15:53 AM
Bitcoin is hosted and all it's transactions thank to the internet. Due to it's convenience, many criminals use bitcoin to carry out illegal activities such as arms trafficking, money laundering.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
June 27, 2018, 09:09:31 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Yes, in my country the people involved in Bitcoin are considered criminals because our government bans the virtual currency from being present in the national economy, besides there are a lot of people being arrested but They still participate in Bitcoin after being released.
Activity: 148
Merit: 4
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
June 27, 2018, 09:02:51 AM
I already heard it about using bitcoin for illegal activities like hiring criminals to kill or for illegal drug transaction that you only have to pay is bitcoin.I think it will reflect to the image or popularity of bitcoin , this is for my basic observation.
Activity: 22
June 27, 2018, 08:56:19 AM
well i think there is no point in us blaming bitcoin for something bad that is used also with fiat currency. People use bitcoin because of the ease of transacting. Any currency will not be able to guarantee not to use or avoid in illegal activities. The guilty ones are criminals not a currency and criminals are everywhere and even before different criminalities are happening. llegal things like this are a lot, because bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency, no one can track the transaction that was made.
Activity: 145
June 27, 2018, 08:25:52 AM
Bitcoin and blockchain are a great technology and proven to help the job become easier and time saving. But, it is misused for bad deals.Bbitcoin is used for criminal transactions because it is through bitcoin transaction becomes easy. Therefore, it is true that you say if the problem here is not bitcoin or blockchain but irresponsible people who transact crime through bitcoin. It is difficult to trace these bad guys so that I would prefer if bitcoin is converted into a centralized system. With the centralized system,  the bitcoin will be easily controlled and the irresponsible person is more easily accountable for his actions.
Activity: 121
Merit: 16
June 27, 2018, 08:07:10 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
The same is true in the real world. Many things are not harmful in themselves. They are used only by people who do bad things, so this thing becomes bad.
Activity: 630
Merit: 257
June 27, 2018, 08:04:58 AM
Yes, Bitcoin makes the implementation of illegal activities easier. The anonymous nature of cryptocurrencies enables it to be used for illegal purposes like purchase and sale of prohibited weapons or drugs. Central bank officials say that cryptocurrencies can also be used for terrorism and money laundering activities. Recently, in South Korea, two of the country’s largest cryptocurrency exchange offices were arrested on the suspicion of tax evasion.
June 27, 2018, 03:35:58 AM
Currently bitcoin has been widely used for crimes because their crimes are difficult to trace if transactions use bitcoin, I think that mostly it is used by common people like you and me.
sinvce the bitcoin made. only the bitcoin and not none other cryptocurrency . there's a crime activities that the bitcoin involve. if you know the site called deepweb. this site is almost at pure crime activities. illegal firearms ,illegal drugs and other illegal sell in this and you buy it using the bitcoin. also, you will allowed to hire a killer .
So, its unfair to associate Bitcoin to illegal transaction or crimes because prior to the birth of Bitcoin crimes were there. People will just dragged Bitcoin and associate it with crimes to disrupt its popularity and the worldwide adoption.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 503
June 27, 2018, 03:30:30 AM
Currently bitcoin has been widely used for crimes because their crimes are difficult to trace if transactions use bitcoin, I think that mostly it is used by common people like you and me.
sinvce the bitcoin made. only the bitcoin and not none other cryptocurrency . there's a crime activities that the bitcoin involve. if you know the site called deepweb. this site is almost at pure crime activities. illegal firearms ,illegal drugs and other illegal sell in this and you buy it using the bitcoin. also, you will allowed to hire a killer .
Activity: 126
June 27, 2018, 03:25:34 AM
Activity: 68
June 27, 2018, 03:11:08 AM
Bitcoin is a biggest currency in the digital world. Bitcoin is not responsible for any criminal way. I think bitcoin and criminal is different ways in the world.
I am sokked, when i hear the news that bitcoin are used by hackers terrorists and criminals in the world.
Activity: 182
June 27, 2018, 03:05:20 AM
bitcoin currency is not responsible for things like criminal or a crime anyhow. Before bitcoin the presence here is a crime and it will cause the occurrence if bitcoin does not exist.
June 27, 2018, 03:02:37 AM
Criminals are there prior to the development of Bitcoin. Criminals are broad in nature, and this can be associated with any kinds of illegal transactions. Bitcoin is not develop for the criminals sole purpose.
Activity: 34
June 27, 2018, 12:36:45 AM
It is not the bitcoin the danger but it is the user who made it a danger or not but paying with btc deals of drugs or other is a threat of the user not the btc
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
June 27, 2018, 12:12:40 AM
I think the use of fiat currency for more criminal acts. In some countries not even criminals who commit crimes with fiat currency. Even state officials commit crimes in the form of corruption. Thus it is not necessary to establish bitcoin is the culprit of evil. This is very bad news.

It could happen, many ways will be done on the criminal than playing Bitcoin. We worry too much about bad things.
Activity: 56
June 26, 2018, 11:58:12 PM
In my opinion criminals will be able to use bitcoin just as they use dollars and other currencies to trade on the black market, and decentralized and untraceable bitcoins are a boon for them to use
Activity: 143
June 26, 2018, 11:38:46 PM
I think the use of fiat currency for more criminal acts. In some countries not even criminals who commit crimes with fiat currency. Even state officials commit crimes in the form of corruption. Thus it is not necessary to establish bitcoin is the culprit of evil. This is very bad news.
Pages:
Jump to: