Pages:
Author

Topic: crypto-games.net, 30% house edge, bugs and vulnerabilities, screw the investors! - page 9. (Read 12939 times)

Activity: 395
Merit: 255
crypto.games: #1 Gambling Site
I hate math 

Well its a great thing that you are able to code even you hate math that much

Hope you find more bugs on our site soon, as we got some traffic increase today.

This is pretty normal and actually it is nothing significant to be proud of because those traffic are from those who wanted to find out the exploit as well. In a day or two, these users will leave the site as the rounding issue has been patched

For rewards I would say: no no no. But its Kewl decision now, not mine.

Now you are getting stubborn again. You are getting a -30% edge and that is something that threaten your site and your investor. Had Substrata not tell you guys about it, he could easily "rob" the house slowly and you could only think that he is legit because you had no clue that this is just a simple rounding issue

Crypto-games will be trashing its reputation more if you guys refuse to give the bounty. I guess you have trashed quite enough today with your arrogant attitude despite being shown a simple math calculation about the 32 % house edge. With all of this fuss, It will be hard to get back your players or investor simply because of this small issues that can be noticed right away with a proper math

P.S : just a friendly suggestion, be nice and not hostile

Ok I am friendly now. Thanks all. Bye.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1403
I hate math 

Well its a great thing that you are able to code even you hate math that much

Hope you find more bugs on our site soon, as we got some traffic increase today.

This is pretty normal and actually it is nothing significant to be proud of because those traffic are from those who wanted to find out the exploit as well. In a day or two, these users will leave the site as the rounding issue has been patched

Now you are getting stubborn again. You are getting a -30% edge and that is something that threaten your site and your investor. Had Substrata not tell you guys about it, he could easily "rob" the house slowly and you could only think that he is legit because you had no clue that this is just a simple rounding issue

Crypto-games will be trashing its reputation more if you guys refuse to give the bounty. I guess you have trashed quite enough today with your arrogant attitude despite being shown a simple math calculation about the 32 % house edge. With all of this fuss, It will be hard to get back your players or investor simply because of this small issues that can be noticed right away with a proper math

P.S : just a friendly suggestion, be nice and not hostile
Quickseller's rating is abit not correct because they are not putting their investor in risk it seems.
Did you not read about them first refusing to pay for a bug bounty so they can fix a +EV method to win on their site? Did you not see how, even after the +EV method leaked, that they didn't understand how it would cause them to lose? Did you not see how they are still refusing to pay to have Dooglus disclose the bug that he separately discovered (which would also cause the site to most likely leak it's bankroll)?

I am not sure how you think that investors money is safe on this site. I am not sure why you think it might be a good idea to invest in this site if you were to trust them enough not to steal from you outright and if you were to trust them enough to not play against the investors.

I don't trust you and I don't care.
I'd say neutral trust is in order warning people of how poorly you handled this situation and your lack of maturity. Honestly, I don't believe negative rep was needed for people to tell what you probably arent the smartest guy around. Even as we told you that you were wrong and gave math to prove it that even a 5th grader could understand, you still said that we were wrong because your "simulations". Like honestly, your reputation is trashed and having little red numbers underneath your name should let people know that thanks to QS (<3 you). I commend you on still paying the bug bounty even though you don't have too.

And I hate red color. I hate math too, but can still code. F***.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
:)
Quickseller's rating is abit not correct because they are not putting their investor in risk it seems.
Did you not read about them first refusing to pay for a bug bounty so they can fix a +EV method to win on their site? Did you not see how, even after the +EV method leaked, that they didn't understand how it would cause them to lose? Did you not see how they are still refusing to pay to have Dooglus disclose the bug that he separately discovered (which would also cause the site to most likely leak it's bankroll)?

I am not sure how you think that investors money is safe on this site. I am not sure why you think it might be a good idea to invest in this site if you were to trust them enough not to steal from you outright and if you were to trust them enough to not play against the investors.

I'd say neutral trust is in order warning people of how poorly you handled this situation and your lack of maturity. Honestly, I don't believe negative rep was needed for people to tell what you probably arent the smartest guy around. Even as we told you that you were wrong and gave math to prove it that even a 5th grader could understand, you still said that we were wrong because your "simulations". Like honestly, your reputation is trashed and having little red numbers underneath your name should let people know that thanks to QS (<3 you). I commend you on still paying the bug bounty even though you don't have too.

Chill out, I dont want to seek any trouble here. I read your ratings and you put in "putting their investor at risk" but they send email to their investor and take steps to empty hot wallet and the other things, even allow them to divest if they want. Also they fixed the site already so no more issue and Im just pointing out. If you dont want to change it then its fine, as I am only pointing things out
Emptying the hot wallet does not do anything. All that means is that players would not be able to withdraw when they win. Sending emails to investors do nothing for the potential losses from prior to the strategy leaked and prior to them fixing it. Investors should always be able to withdraw.

If they are going to deny withdrawals when people have won (regardless of if they won because of the site's incompetence) is just outright scamming. 

They have also currently done nothing regarding the issue that Dooglus has found.

Read last few posts again please. As it looks like you didn't.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

Chill out, I dont want to seek any trouble here. I read your ratings and you put in "putting their investor at risk" but they send email to their investor and take steps to empty hot wallet and the other things, even allow them to divest if they want. Also they fixed the site already so no more issue and Im just pointing out. If you dont want to change it then its fine, as I am only pointing things out
Emptying the hot wallet does not do anything. All that means is that players would not be able to withdraw when they win. Sending emails to investors do nothing for the potential losses from prior to the strategy leaked and prior to them fixing it. Investors should always be able to withdraw.

If they are going to deny withdrawals when people have won (regardless of if they won because of the site's incompetence) is just outright scamming. 

They have also currently done nothing regarding the issue that Dooglus has found.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

I got an email saying that the site got hacked. Any comments on this ,OP?
EDIT: This is what I got in the mail, word for word.
"Hello,

We're writing you because you're our investor on https://www.crypto-games.net website.
One user on bitcointalk forum is claiming that he found some serious bugs on our website.
For security precautions we almost emptied our hot wallets and put coins on cold one.
Let us say that our code is still very secure and we have hack attempts every day, but nobody hacked or stealed anything.
If you still want to divest over 1 bitcoin (or similar), write us and we'll send you coins manually.

Best regards,
Crypto-Games"

Since they have put some action to counter this and in the end Joter admit he is wrong and has fixed the site. A neutral rating is more correct for this only after he pay the bounty then

Thanks man. We are sure trying our best to keep site secure. It is interesting issue, that nobody exploited it in one year since the site is up. At least no one made serious money with it. Probably because progress is very slow...

So all investors can be calm and your investments are growing as they were before. But of course all investments are risky. Me and Kewl risk the most and will stay largest investors for sure. Good luck all.
legendary

I got an email saying that the site got hacked. Any comments on this ,OP?
EDIT: This is what I got in the mail, word for word.
"Hello,

We're writing you because you're our investor on https://www.crypto-games.net website.
One user on bitcointalk forum is claiming that he found some serious bugs on our website.
For security precautions we almost emptied our hot wallets and put coins on cold one.
Let us say that our code is still very secure and we have hack attempts every day, but nobody hacked or stealed anything.
If you still want to divest over 1 bitcoin (or similar), write us and we'll send you coins manually.

Best regards,
Crypto-Games"

Since they have put some action to counter this and in the end Joter admit he is wrong and has fixed the site. A neutral rating is more correct for this only after he pay the bounty then
And thanks for negative feedback whoever gave it to me. Kiddie.

I wouldnt call quickseller of all people a "kiddie...."

Maybe he is a man that can't read then? All issues in this thread were fixed.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)

I wouldnt call quickseller of all people a "kiddie...."
legendary
Yes thanks a lot. You will get your reward tomorrow, don't worry.

I will confirm in this thread when i receive it.

Im confused by this thread, ofcourse i would pay to know a +ev betting strategy on something as simple as dice but i dont see how this is possible and it doesnt make sense to sell it even it it were.  You have endless money anyway.

you wouldn't be confused if you read last few pages... anyway the story has reached its climax, it was fun!  Grin

Ok well i punched some of those numbers into primedice and i cant find any edge so far, i guess its with a different site or i need to use API access or something.

it was only possible due to a rounding error, read over the last few pages of the thread and it should be explained to you.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Im confused by this thread, ofcourse i would pay to know a +ev betting strategy on something as simple as dice but i dont see how this is possible and it doesnt make sense to sell it even it it were.  You have endless money anyway.

you wouldn't be confused if you read last few pages... anyway the story has reached its climax, it was fun!  Grin

Ok well i punched some of those numbers into primedice and i cant find any edge so far, i guess its with a different site or i need to use API access or something.
Im confused by this thread, ofcourse i would pay to know a +ev betting strategy on something as simple as dice but i dont see how this is possible and it doesnt make sense to sell it even it it were.  You have endless money anyway.

yup, looks pretty much finished here; and hopefully, future dice site owners can learn from this and alter their script to prevent such a bug from existing again. I don't expect to pe paid anything after the recent events, but in the case they decide to be moral or whatnot, the address is in the OP, and 30% of anything sent there by crypto-games will be given to dooglus for his help.

regardless, there was substantial PR damage done.

Yes thanks a lot. You will get your reward tomorrow, don't worry.
legendary

yup, looks pretty much finished here; and hopefully, future dice site owners can learn from this and alter their script to prevent such a bug from existing again. I don't expect to pe paid anything after the recent events, but in the case they decide to be moral or whatnot, the address is in the OP, and 30% of anything sent there by crypto-games will be given to dooglus for his help.

regardless, there was substantial PR damage done.
legendary

This +EV only works for several multiplier and this is not something that can make you rich instantly. You can lose as well but you got the higher chance to win because of this bug, here is the list for that and read the few last page for the story

heres how bad it is, credit goes to dooglus for compiling this:

multiplier, win chance, edge

6613x  0.02% 32.26%
3968x  0.03% 19.04%
2834x  0.04% 13.36%
2204x  0.05% 10.20%
1803x  0.06%  8.18%
1526x  0.07%  6.82%
1322x  0.08%  5.76%
1167x  0.09%  5.03%
1044x  0.10%  4.40%
 944x  0.11%  3.84%